Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 4: Fever

Re: Fever (Episode Four)

Postby allegrita » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:44 am

The little half-smile he gives her when Leni is hugging him is so sad and apologetic... but it still gets me that he left her sitting on the floor. MEN!
Happy Ninth Birthday, MLA!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Postby nutmegger911 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:47 am

You are so right. I could watch that over and over. (No, really.)
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Postby jen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:16 am

We do watch it over and over!

There were so many wonderful elements in this episode

I am always surprised with how open Mick is about his abilities around humans--when Josh walked him through the scene, he spots and correctly interprets details that the police had missed (the number of shooters, that smoke makes a good silent partner, and the way Lenni exited the building--all good detective work, but the presence of estrogen in the blood is pure mobile vampire lab and he had no way of knowing that outside of his gorgeous nose).

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers:
Last edited by jen on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Postby jen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 am

Oh, man. I missed the party.

Another point that I adored here was how Beth showed her growing attraction for Mick. Her heart was in her eyes, how could Josh not know what was happening. We didn't know all the rules, and I'm sure that she was partly responding to basic vamp appeal, partly to half forgotten memory, partly to sensing a fascinating story here and partly to this enigmatic, gorgeous guy who didn't respond to her as she expected.

The scene when Beth went home, walked into her apartment and lost it was one of the most powerful in the early days of the series. I don't think that she could entirely say why at this point, but her heart was already fully engaged.

When she arrived at the motel after Lenni's call, and is in the bathroom with Mick, volunteering to feed him because he needs it, she tells him that she wants to do it, then 'Look' and from the movement of her head, she said something else but the lines were changed. I wonder what she was originally going to say there.

At the end, JoshBeth is no longer a happy place for Beth. She recognizes at some level that the emotional landscape of her world is changing.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Postby jen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:42 am

Mick is trying to keep his emotional barriers in place, but really doesn't want to.

That oft quoted line from the voiceover at the end that goes something like, 'maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her--her very living heart--or maybe we've always been connected'

:melts: :melts: :melts:

I miss them
jen
Cleaner

Postby wondergirl9847 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:24 pm

jen wrote:When she arrived at the motel after Lenni's call, and is in the bathroom with Mick, volunteering to feed him because he needs it, she tells him that she wants to do it, then 'Look' and from the movement of her head, she said something else but the lines were changed. I wonder what she was originally going to say there.

I can't remember where I heard this, perhaps at the Paley Center Moonlight Night or from Trevor. Perhaps someone else remembers, but I do know it was Beth saying something along the lines of "I give blood to the Red Cross all the time. I can definitely give up blood to save you." That is obviously NOT the exact words she said. Does anyone have the script handy from Fever? It might be in there.
*Christy*

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Postby r1015bill » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I remember that it was along those lines but that it was said in a joking manner. It just didn't fit the mood of the scene so they took it out.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Postby jen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Thank you both so much!!!

I have wondered about that. Finding Moonlight post cancellation has meant I have missed a lot of stuff like that.

Jenna

:thanks2: :thanks2: :thanks2:
jen
Cleaner

Previous

Return to Episode Discussion