Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 4: Fever

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Fever (Episode Four)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

mwj01 wrote:Although I would have loved to see the shirt completely removed, I actually think it played to the scene better the way they did it.

Yep. It fit the mood of the scene--he was so weak. Then again, would have loved to see an outtake where he does strip off the shirt, just for comparison purposes, of course.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

dsr~~If they're smart, they won't touch those tats. Leave them alone, he's a killer for crying out loud!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

That's right. NO reason to mess with the tats!

And I agree with you, Lisa. Even if Josh had left the scene earlier, Mick's next excuse was that he did not want to hurt Beth. He would always have an excuse if he wasn't basically forced into making a choice.

Mick gets to show off for Josh. He meets Josh at the safehouse and goes over the scene.

He got to work right away. Josh thought there might have been two shooters. Mick says no, just one. Smoke makes a great silent partner.

He moves on in and inspects the murder scene. Josh doesn't think any is Leni's blood. Mick says no, no estrogen. Okay, someone's being a show off. I can't believe Josh had no questions about that.

Josh tells Mick that Beth says things are never boring around Mick. I couldn't believe he admitted that!

Josh thinks Leni might have gone down the service entrance. Mick says no, she went up and out the window.

And she cut her hand on the window on the way out.

Mick climbs out the window and jumps down the fire escape before Josh could even get his head out.

Mick is already following her trail in the alley below.

Josh tells Beth she was right - he's impressed with Mick's skill.

Looks like Leni got away in something with large tires. One of the killed cops had a truck. Josh will get a warrant for the Lojack records. Mick laments that it will take too long. (He sounds like a sad child). It's the best Josh can do.

Beth, on the other hand, can do better. She has her work buddy, Steve, tap into the Lojack system to find out where the truck is. Mick's impressed.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I'm sorry, were there actual words that accompanied those last 2 incredibly hot Mick in shades pix?!?
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

As amazingly cool as Mick's fire escape thing was, it's always seemed a little dicey to me...wouldn't someone have seen him? And even Josh is obviously confused at how fast he got down there.

It brings up another issue, as well. To get the fire escape ladder to drop, big strong vamp has to give it a hefty kick....and it makes a lot of noise. Yet fragile little human Leni managed to get it to drop, and to get down it and disappear, even faster than Mick can do it. How is that, pray tell?

Lucky
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

librarian_7 wrote:As amazingly cool as Mick's fire escape thing was, it's always seemed a little dicey to me...wouldn't someone have seen him? And even Josh is obviously confused at how fast he got down there.

It brings up another issue, as well. To get the fire escape ladder to drop, big strong vamp has to give it a hefty kick....and it makes a lot of noise. Yet fragile little human Leni managed to get it to drop, and to get down it and disappear, even faster than Mick can do it. How is that, pray tell?

Lucky
Because, it's tv magic!!

Seriously, I thought the same thing when I saw it. And Josh was right there, how the hell did he not see/hear that?

and there you go being all smart and everything again..... :smile:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
librarian_7 wrote:As amazingly cool as Mick's fire escape thing was, it's always seemed a little dicey to me...wouldn't someone have seen him? And even Josh is obviously confused at how fast he got down there.

Lucky
Because, it's tv magic!!

Seriously, I thought the same thing when I saw it. And Josh was right there, how the hell did he not see/hear that?

and there you go being all smart and everything again..... :smile:
I think that the tv magicians were trying to get us to think that Josh was distracted by the cop inside wanting to talk with him. Otherwise, I don't have a clue why that little exchange between Josh and the cop took place.

As for Leni and the fire escape, perhaps it was down already and she didn't have to kick it down?
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

dsr~that would be my hope.

Hey GA--when you get closer to the motel tub scene, would you let me know, there is something that I would like your eagle eyes to check out.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Nope, stuff just did not add up there. I think tv magic was the right answer. And did the killer close the window? Doesn't seem likely to me.

You got it, Lisa. I'll let you know when I'm getting there.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick and Beth follow the trail to where Lojack says the truck is. They have no idea why Leni would have gone there.

They walk along trying to figure it out. Mick wants to know what Beth's deal is with Josh. She begins to explain her relationship but that's not what Mick meant (embarrassing!!) He meant literally, what deal were they discussing in the alley.

Their deal was quid pro quo. She helps Josh with the case (she's his connection with Mick) and she gets the story.

Mick thought Beth might have been scared away from his for good what with his story of being Turned and the staking and incinerating Pollack. Beth says it was a bit to digest but she's okay.

She notices Mick is affected by the sun and she asks how much is too much. He says any is too much. Beth says Mick is a delicate flowers. He laughs.

ImageImage

Mick spots the house he thinks Leni went into. He picks the lock and they're in.

Beth looks around and asks why would she come there?

Apparently to clean up and get protection. Beth goes through the mail on the table and finds that the house belongs to Jack Tolland, the man whose murder Leni was tesifying for.

Mick finds some photos and finds out that Leni and Tolland were apparently a couple - in love.

Mick goes through the file cabinet and finds a bill for a cabin in Victorville and it looks like that cabin is in the pictures as well.

Like the good detective he is, Mick hits redial on the phone to see if/where Leni called. As luck would have it, she called for bus schedules to Victorville.

Mick asks for a bus schedule and writes it down. He tells Beth this is where they part. Beth wants to know why. Because it's dangerous. Leni has a gun and Beth is Mick's connection to Josh. Beth still isn't happy. She likes working with Mick.

It's fun. Mick says it's not always fun.

Sometimes it ends in screams and bloodshed. Beth says, even so, they make a good team.

Looks like Mick thinks so too.

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I would like to comment on Mick's choice of expression when he's looking at the photos of Lenni and Jack...where most would have said "It looks like they were involved" or "It looks like they were a couple" or something...Mick's comment is "It looks like they were in love." Makes you wonder if, perhaps subconsciously, he has "love" on the brain.

Lucky
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Yep. Because, that is quite a statement to make.

And what guy says that? A man who is either a romantic at heart, or falling in love himself, or both. And he looks at Beth when he says it, too.

And GA--the pix you accompany your words with--astounding.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

An interesting observation, Lucky.

So is Mick in love at this point? Or has he always been in love with her?

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I think Mick has always loved Beth for what she helped return to him--his humanity. She has been his beacon of hope for so long.

I think he is just now realizing that he is possibly "in" love with her. She is his match, in many ways, and the more time he spends with her, the harder he falls.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I've noticed that he uses that term instead of something like 'were involved' or 'a couple' - something along those lines. And it looked to me like Mick almost says it as a challenge to Beth, like he wants to see her reaction to his choice of words.

I don't know if I believe Mick is in love with Beth at this point. He's feeling a pull, a connection for sure. He's attracted to her and he has a need to be around her and to protect her for sure. But love? Hmmmm. I don't hink that comes until a little later.

Return to “Episode Discussion”