Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 4: Fever

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Fever (Episode Four)

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm thinking that if he's in love at this point, and it's a big if, in my opinion, it's not something he's admitted consciously to himself...there was that comment earlier in the ep about "some couples aren't meant to be together," so I think there's something lurking in the back of his mind.

It's always struck me, in the first few eps, how absolutely flustered he is around Beth. Now that he's actually talking to her, she's turned his world on its head, and he's not sure how to deal with it. I can't imagine at all that he's ready to admit, even to himself, that he's in love, but he has surely taken the first steps off the cliff. He's falling.

Lucky
(the incurable romantic)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

You can love a friend, a neighbor, etc. But being "in love' --different ballgame.
And after Fever and the bite, yeah, I think if he hasn't fallen then, it's just a matter of time.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:I'm thinking that if he's in love at this point, and it's a big if, in my opinion, it's not something he's admitted consciously to himself...there was that comment earlier in the ep about "some couples aren't meant to be together," so I think there's something lurking in the back of his mind.

It's always struck me, in the first few eps, how absolutely flustered he is around Beth. Now that he's actually talking to her, she's turned his world on its head, and he's not sure how to deal with it. I can't imagine at all that he's ready to admit, even to himself, that he's in love, but he has surely taken the first steps off the cliff. He's falling.

Lucky
(the incurable romantic)

But I do think that comes at the end of the ep... that agonizing moment at his door... her blood in his veins and he feels her and I think loves her by then... can't hide it from himself anymore...and he is in pain because of it... because he's a damn vampire...and it's difficult dangerous and complicated. But Josef knows he's in love after this ep... he needles Mick about cocktail hour in AD, and makes that snarky comment about his human girlfriend at the freezer in BC...

And it's Josef who, when Mick admits he's in love in FTP, says yes you are. He's always known.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

That Josef...he's pretty astute.

(And you notice how he manages to work his way in, even though he doesn't even appear in Fever? Clever, clever vamp.)

Lucky
Carisa ITT

Post by Carisa ITT »

wpgrace wrote:
librarian_7 wrote:I'm thinking that if he's in love at this point, and it's a big if, in my opinion, it's not something he's admitted consciously to himself...there was that comment earlier in the ep about "some couples aren't meant to be together," so I think there's something lurking in the back of his mind.

Lucky
(the incurable romantic)

But I do think that comes at the end of the ep... that agonizing moment at his door... her blood in his veins and he feels her and I think loves her by then... can't hide it from himself anymore...and he is in pain because of it... because he's a damn vampire...and it's difficult dangerous and complicated. But Josef knows he's in love after this ep... he needles Mick about cocktail hour in AD, and makes that snarky comment about his human girlfriend at the freezer in BC...

And it's Josef who, when Mick admits he's in love in FTP, says yes you are. He's always known.
Gotta completely agree on that one.

Btw., I just looked back at some old information I have about the episode - don't know if those scenes were ever filmed, but they had been casting a valet at a nightclub as well, to be interviewed by Mick... (Guess it has to do with Lenny's "Who wants to go clubbing?" scene.) That role apparently was at least cast, as the actor is listed on the episodes imdb page. "Stu Peldon" There also was a casting note for a Dr. Molden, who does a sonogram for Lenny in Victorville. Mick apparently is present in that scene as well... I REALLY cannot figure out how either scene would have played out in that episode...

Btw., if this is out of turn, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs...
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Carisa ITT wrote:

Gotta completely agree on that one.

Btw., I just looked back at some old information I have about the episode - don't know if those scenes were ever filmed, but they had been casting a valet at a nightclub as well, to be interviewed by Mick... (Guess it has to do with Lenny's "Who wants to go clubbing?" scene.) That role apparently was at least cast, as the actor is listed on the episodes imdb page. "Stu Peldon" There also was a casting note for a Dr. Molden, who does a sonogram for Lenny in Victorville. Mick apparently is present in that scene as well... I REALLY cannot figure out how either scene would have played out in that episode...

Btw., if this is out of turn, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs...

Interesting Carisa! Tho I gotta say, ewwwww.... Mick present at her sonogram? Ewwwwww! And good choice to cut that sucker...
Last edited by wpgrace on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:That Josef...he's pretty astute.

(And you notice how he manages to work his way in, even though he doesn't even appear in Fever? Clever, clever vamp.)

Lucky

No one could EVER deny that Lucky!! :pinklol:

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

wpgrace wrote: Interesting Carisa! Tho I gotta say, ewwwww.... Mick present at her sonogram? Ewwwwww! And good choice to cut that sucker...
No doubt! :confused2: It was just cool that he heard the baby's heartbeat.
Last edited by mwj01 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I've always loved him hearing the baby's heartbeat--and it's even better on repeat viewings, because ONCE YOU KNOW to listen for it, you can hear the heartbeat sound when she's out by the vending machine.

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:I've always loved him hearing the baby's heartbeat--and it's even better on repeat viewings, because ONCE YOU KNOW to listen for it, you can hear the heartbeat sound when she's out by the vending machine.

Lucky

Plus he looked so cute when he realized what he heard... beautific facial expression... not to go shallow here... sorry...

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

And how wonderful was his expression when Leni asked him if he had any kids? It was a mixture of longing and wonder. He does that little clipped laugh thing really well when he is confronted with a difficult question. He did the same thing when Beth asked him why he goes on.....but I am jumping way ahead.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I'll make sure to get that shot when I post that scene Lisa. I love that part too.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

GuardianAngel wrote:I'll make sure to get that shot when I post that scene Lisa. I love that part too.
Thanks GA!!!!!

He looks especially beautiful in that scene.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Just going back to the scene at Jack Tolland's house - I loved this whole sequence. Partly because, let's face it, they both looked amazing (those are my favourite Mick-shades and Beth in the doorway was luminous), but also because this is them working together, following the trail, doing what they are good at. I think some of that got lost in later episodes, which was a shame, because I felt it was one of the things that bound them together so easily - they understand how to work a case, follow a clue, and they both have the same determination to get to the answer.

One other observation about Mick's "looks like they were in love" comment - I think it sets him up to be totally sympathetic to Leni. By the time he meets her, he knows her motives; he knows her feelings were real and I think that just makes him all the more inclined to help her, to feel for her, to do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Very true, Red. Mick could understand that motive. Which is why I think he was so confused as to why Leni didn't stick around to make sure justice was served for Jack.

By the time Leni and her bus get to the station, Mick is already there waiting.

A very tired looking Leni heads straight for the soda machine.

Her dollar doesn't take right away and Mick comes up behind her and offers her a new dollor, asking if she wants to swap. (Okay, I'm sorry - can't help it. Every time I watch that scene I think there are so many things I'd like to swap with that vamp. A dollar doesn't even make it into the top 100).

Mick makes a jumpy Leni nervous. He lets on that he knows who she is. Leni pulls a gun on Mick.

He quickly tells her that he was sent by Josh to bring her back and that he'll protect her. Leni's not buying it. The bus pulls out, making a noise and Leni jumps, shooting Mick.

She's instantly contrite. Mick tells us that even though the shot won't kill him and will heal quickly, it still hurts. He tells Leni that she missed him. She apologizes and says that her boyfriend told her that she should learn how to shoot. Mick asks if she mean Jack - that he's been to the house and knows they were involved. That knowledge isn't enough to make Leni trust Mick and she says so. Mick tells her if he was going to kill her she'd already be dead. (That probably shouldn't be sexy but it is). Mick asks her if she'd like to go in and get something to eat.

Return to “Episode Discussion”