Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 3: Dr. Feelgood

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Dr. Feelgood (Episode Three)

Post by wpgrace »

PNWgal wrote: Totally agree with both of you (but then, I mostly agree with everything you two say!). I would have LOVED some backstory on their relationship? We know they met through Coraline - how did that relationship progress? How much did Josef support Mick after he left Coraline? How did he react to Mick's not feeding fresh anymore?

Inquiring minds and all that.
This is where I totally dote upon Red's Anniversary... I love her version of those events... but the downside to Anniversary is I can only see it in my head... I reallllllly wanna see the boys act it out on-screen--and her version of it's great with me... but I wanna SEEEEEE it/ THEM!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Great Pgal, now you are copying me.

Moooooooom. make her stoooooooooop.

tee hee :slappy: :offtopic:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

wpgrace wrote:
PNWgal wrote: Totally agree with both of you (but then, I mostly agree with everything you two say!). I would have LOVED some backstory on their relationship? We know they met through Coraline - how did that relationship progress? How much did Josef support Mick after he left Coraline? How did he react to Mick's not feeding fresh anymore?

This is where I totally dote upon Red's Anniversary... I love her version of those events... but the downside to Anniversary is I can only see it in my head... I reallllllly wanna see the boys act it out on-screen--and her version of it's great with me... but I wanna SEEEEEE it/ THEM!!!!

I agree! Red's series just fills in the blanks so nicely in my head, but yeah - I wanna SEE it. :D

Lisa, knock. it. off. or I'm TELLLING!!! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!! :slappy:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

PNWgal wrote:
wpgrace wrote:

I agree! Red's series just fills in the blanks so nicely in my head, but yeah - I wanna SEE it. :D

Lisa, knock. it. off. or I'm TELLLING!!! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!! :slappy:

OK, Mod-Up, P... or she'll suck you in... ;)

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

*batting eyelashes* whatever do you mean? :baby:

Back to the discussion ladies, sheesh.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Image Phoenix is sooooo going to take away that smilie....
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

LOL, grace...I shall behave myself as befits a mod.

*gently kicks Lisa under the table*

Ahem. I wanna talk a little about Mick's Turning. We always want to make Coraline out to be this evil bi...errr, person, but I truly think she thought she was giving Mick a gift. She couldn't have anticipated Mick's disgust and horror.

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

PNWgal wrote:LOL, grace...I shall behave myself as befits a mod.

Ahem. I wanna talk a little about Mick's Turning. We always want to make Coraline out to be this evil bi...errr, person, but I truly think she thought she was giving Mick a gift. She couldn't have anticipated Mick's disgust and horror.
Only because she was so full of herself that she thought that, of course, he would be grateful for being turned.

Sorry, the PMS is kicking in, I will let you all have at it.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well (and I like Cora)... I think she COULD have anticipated it had she really understood him a bit better.... But she was self-centered.... not evil, just with an ego... happens with aristocrats... and very old women... ever been to DisneyWorld? They will RUN over your child to beat them into Pirates... but I digress....

But I TOTALLY agree she thought she was giving him a gift... a great gift... and was shocked at his reaction. I think he essentially understood this, himself, over time.... and didn't see her as evil either... It's how their marriage survived 33 years...

And I dont' blame Cora... I want him too..

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:

Only because she was so full of herself that she thought that, of course, he would be grateful for being turned.

Sorry, the PMS is kicking in, I will let you all have at it.
Well (and I like Cora)... I think she COULD have anticipated it had she really understood him a bit better.... But she was self-centered.... not evil, just with an ego... happens with aristocrats... and very old women... ever been to DisneyWorld? They will RUN over your child to beat them into Pirates... but I digress....

But I TOTALLY agree she thought she was giving him a gift... a great gift... and was shocked at his reaction. I think he essentially understood this, himself, over time.... and didn't see her as evil either... It's how their marriage survived 33 years...

And I dont' blame Cora... I want him too..

Peeling my gum off the monitor...thanks, Lisa. :snicker:

You two basically said the same thing, and again...I agree. Coraline WAS self-centered and should have taken Mick's reaction into account when she basically killed him and cut him off from everything and everyone he'd ever known (I'm jumping ahead a bit, but it always makes me so sad when Mick talks about having to give up friends and family after being Turned).

You don't think he blames Coraline for what he is, Grace?

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I think he blames her---that's part of his make-up, and something that, again, I would have loved to have seen them delve into deeper. I feel that eventually, the series would have covered his feelings re: Coraline and the turning. For him and Beth to have the happily ever after--he needed to get over that.

And as much as it pains me to say it, it did turn out to be a gift of sorts--that's how he met Beth.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:I think he blames her---that's part of his make-up, and something that, again, I would have loved to have seen them delve into deeper. I feel that eventually, the series would have covered his feelings re: Coraline and the turning. For him and Beth to have the happily ever after--he needed to get over that.

And as much as it pains me to say it, it did turn out to be a gift of sorts--that's how he met Beth.

Agree. 100%. It couldn't have been much of a curse if it gave him an opportunity to find love.

Again. (thought I'd throw that in there before Phee came after me with a big stick :snicker: )

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

You had me until that last word!

As much as I dislike Cora, there is no doubt in my mind that he thought that he loved her. It may have been over-riding lust, or even deep love---another reason that subsequent seasons were needed to flesh all that out.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:You had me until that last word!

As much as I dislike Cora, there is no doubt in my mind that he thought that he loved her. It may have been over-riding lust, or even deep love---another reason that subsequent seasons were needed to flesh all that out.

I'm not going to disagree with you, Lisa - I think Mick DID love Coraline.

But I think he loved Beth differently.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Agree with you Pgal.

We are like soooo totally alike, y'know?

Return to “Episode Discussion”