Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 3: Dr. Feelgood

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Dr. Feelgood (Episode Three)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

grace~there was slight movement on Beth's part--but after watching it, and rewinding it a few times (yes, I have issues) it was a vague enough movement that could have been characterized as just resettling on the sofa, or at most, a very tiny flinch. I guess my point was that she did not have enough fear to really pull back.

And at the end of that scene, she was really going at him with the questions when they were standing near one another and she wouldn't stop with the "how were you turned." No fear there whatsoever.

At that point, I was almost hoping he would show a little fang just to shut her up!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:One thing that has always struck me, too, about that early scene, is that--think about it--Beth has all the common "horror movie" perceptions of vampires...she just recently saw the girl in the fountain, drained of blood, with "bite marks" in her neck. And yet, she is fearless enough, or trusting enough of Mick's good intentions, to walk up to his door and knock, with only a little hesitation.

I really like that he waits for her to knock. He could have opened the door while she was still standing there, indecisive, and probably scared the crap out of her. But he waited for it to be her decision. If she'd decided it was too dangerous, or whatever, he probably would have let her walk away. Maybe continued to watch over her, but as before, from a distance.

Lucky

Which I think helps to make your point, Lucky, that she had stayed, for at least a bit, after the big vamp reveal... she had stayed long enough to "get" that he wasn't likely to hurt her... she's uncertain about what all this means, but intends to find out...

Which also kinda makes it make sense in Fever, that she would rush to the desert, into the bathroom, and up to the tub, and then offer her neck, with no major fear of him there either...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:grace~there was slight movement on Beth's part--but after watching it, and rewinding it a few times (yes, I have issues) it was a vague enough movement that could have been characterized as just resettling on the sofa, or at most, a very tiny flinch. I guess my point was that she did not have enough fear to really pull back.

And at the end of that scene, she was really going at him with the questions when they were standing near one another and she wouldn't stop with the "how were you turned." No fear there whatsoever.

At that point, I was almost hoping he would show a little fang just to shut her up!
You know, I've watched that scene over and over again too. Yes, there is the slightest of tensing on Beth's part as Mick walks towards her but hardly noticeable. I think it interests me so much because the Beth of the original pilot showed a lot more fear.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Phbt...that Beth in the original pilot.
Sorry, my claws just came out a little, I think!

ps: feeling better my designer friend?
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

GuardianAngel wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:grace~there was slight movement on Beth's part--but after watching it, and rewinding it a few times (yes, I have issues) it was a vague enough movement that could have been characterized as just resettling on the sofa, or at most, a very tiny flinch. I guess my point was that she did not have enough fear to really pull back.

You know, I've watched that scene over and over again too. Yes, there is the slightest of tensing on Beth's part as Mick walks towards her but hardly noticeable. I think it interests me so much because the Beth of the original pilot showed a lot more fear.
Had to go watch that scene again as I never noticed Beth flinching but there is a very slight movement from her. I agree that when I first watched this scene I thought that Beth was asking way too many questions and Mick would be feeling the strain of those questions. Now I think he welcomed the curiosity from Beth. If she was willing to ask the questions, she wasn't repulsed by him :)
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I think that they were both incredibly understanding with one another--except towards the end when her reporter's curiousity go the better of her. They were both in the most bizarre and unusual situation, sitting there discussing it like they were talking about the weather. I mean, how strange for both of them. Him, to finally share that. And her, to take it all in without completely freaking out.

Then again, as hot as that man is, I could take a lot of strange.

Sigh, it always goes back to that!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lisa, you have a reassuringly one-track mind. The sun rises in the east, Lisa is obsessed with the hotness of a certain vamp....somethings are eternal.

Lucky
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Again, my apologies for dropping the ball here. I'm so happy you all have picked it up and ran with it yourselves.

The good samaritan, has wandered into a convenient store, unable to satisfy his new hunger. The store clerk hears him and investigates.

The clerk brings a bat and confronts the new vamp who is angry. He strikes out and scratches the clerk.

And quickly realizes exactly what he is hungry for.

Later, Beth is at the store covering the story. She listens in on Lt. Carl trying to score some info.

She's caught and tries to get Carl to tell her what is going on. He tells her that not only was the guy malled but all his blood had been drained. Oh my.

Mick was called down to the morgue by Guillermo. Looks like Mick is not a big fan of texting and lets G know it. (Come on Mick, texting is quieter than a phone call - never know when someone will be listening.)

G wants Mick to see this new body that came in. They don't get too many vampire casualties at the morgue.

Mick does his sniffing thing and figures the vamp to be a newly Turned which prompts the question - where is the sire? Mick and Guillermo discuss what it felt like when they were Turned.

Their discussion is interrupted by a visitor. What a surprise! It's Beth.

Mick steps out and isn't happy. He wants to know what she is doing there. She shares what she knows about the victim and Mick becomes defensive - telling her that 'whatever' did this was nothing like him. Pfft. As if Beth would have thought that. Mick tells Beth he wants her off the case. Okay, even I laughed at that.

He says it's dangerous. She tells him that she doesn't need his permission and, as for it being dangerous, that's what she's got him around for. Way to go, Beth! And, you guessed it, the vamp caves.

Mick asks Beth if she still wants to know how someone becomes a vampire. Oh yeah, me too. Apparently, you have to reach a point near death, then the vampire, your sire, feeds you their blood. Beth asks about the sire/new vamp relationship and Mick explains it's just like all relationships, it can go many different ways - some good, some not.

Obviously, this new vampire's sire wasn't doing a great job. Beth is hyped. She's going to check and see if there are any other recent death's like this one. She wants Mick to ask the 'other vampires' if they know anything. TeeHee, silly Beth. Mick tells her it's not like there is a big club where they all hang out. She finds that funny.

Beth hands out the tasks. She'll deal with the cops and computers, the vamp stuff is Mick's deal.

Looks like our Boy is hooked but good.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

GA this was one of my favourite scenes from the ep :D
I loved the interaction between them here. Beth was never going to give up and Mick liked it ;)
Loved the vamp club line :lol:
Mick was indeed hooked :mrgreen:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

librarian_7 wrote:Lisa, you have a reassuringly one-track mind. The sun rises in the east, Lisa is obsessed with the hotness of a certain vamp....somethings are eternal.

Lucky
I am nothing if not consistent.

And you are one to talk!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I agree... she didn't totally pull back, but the girl's not stoopid... she's interviewing a vampire... so she flinched just a bit... then got ahold of herself and launched into Dan Rather mode... but she flinched when he rose from the chair... and if we saw it, he saw it... heightened vamp senses and all that... so he stopped moving forward. But yeah, it wasn't an unpleasant moment... she came to terms... he gave her space.

Then she obliterated the space by prying into his turning... not that she had any idea why it pained him... she can't be blamed for that. And it was the intrepid reporter in her that kept her from cutting and running, so I think he did appreciate her guts...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:

Looks like our Boy is hooked but good.

You been sick, and we've carried on without you... we're fine but glad you're back...

And one of the best Mickpics of all time....

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

That scene of Dr. Newbie in the convenience store always makes me laugh, because it reminds me of how I get during a certain time of the month! (TMI?)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:That scene of Dr. Newbie in the convenience store always makes me laugh, because it reminds me of how I get during a certain time of the month! (TMI?)

No. PMS.

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lucky I never noticed that and would never have thought to look for it. Thanks for pointing that out :D

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr

Return to “Episode Discussion”