Dusk [Ch. 1 - PG-13]

moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Dusk [Ch. 1 - PG-13]

Post by moonsword27 »

Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight. Although…I do take walks in the moonlight. And watch wild geese fly with the moon on their wings. I'm just borrowing the story for a while.

A/N: This takes place before "No Such Thing As Vampires" Read and review please!

Chapter 1: Dusk

Sensations and foggy memories assail me in a rush. Pain and pleasure mixed, a jolt of happiness as I recall the wedding, then utter confusion.

What happened?

Her mouth on my neck, the sharp unexpected pang as something slid into my skin.
Why was I so hungry? Thirsty for the taste lingering on my tongue like blackberry wine. I could feel the hunger, the sheer lust for it dominating me. Then, I remembered.
NO

My eyes shoot open to see her gentle smile. How can she be so calm!?[.i] I edge away quickly, pleading with her with my eyes.

"Don't be scared."

How can I not be? A quick glance at my pillow confirms what my nose has been telling me - blood, my blood, has soaked through the flimsy material. Disgust rolls through me as I force myself to not stare, mesmerized at the beautiful red color.

No, no, I don't think like this. It’s just shock messing with my head.

"What did you do to me?"

She answers, but her words make no sense. Wedding gift? Freedom from death?
Fear gnawing in my stomach, I flee to the bathroom. Staring into the mirror, I almost collapse in relief as I stare at my reflection. I'm okay...wait... It only takes me a moment to change my mind.

The man standing in front of me, mimicking my expressions was a stranger. He had my eyes but his gaze was wild, his skin was paler, and he seemed tense like a coiled spring. My eyes are drawn to his neck where, sure enough, two fang marks glisten in the blood soaked skin. As I touch the rich stain, a thrill of nervousness and curiousity runs through me.
Unable to resist any longer, I confirm the fact that I do indeed have fangs.

Don't be afraid

I wondered again what had happened; what she had done. It had been her, I was certain of that. Unfortunately, the only explanation I could think of, the pragmatic answer, was so unrealistic I had trouble stomaching the possibility.

But what else could it be? Please, God, let it be something different. Let me be wrong.

Another wave of hunger grips me. Holding onto the counter for support, I turn to the only source of protection I have left. The god I was raised to worship and to follow may not even recognize me any longer. I was, quite literally, dead to him.

Inexplicably, I'm still drawn to her, drawn to this woman who has betrayed me. More than an explanation, I long for reassurance.

Why did you do this to me?

Suddenly, I feel more lost than ever before. I spit out the first thought that comes to mind, my words bitter and accusatory even to my ears, "You made me into a monster."

I fled then, wrapping the first jacket I could find around my shoulders. It was a black trench coat, how appropriate. I lurked in the stairwell, blessing the dim incandescent light bulb. No windows necessary, thank you Edison. The flash of sun I'd run through had burned. On the whole the experience had been nauseating. That single thought reminded me of the finality of my predicament. I crawled underneath the stairs, rocking back and forth in my newfound hiding place.

Make it stop, please. Please, wake me up from this nightmare.

Only some part of me warned that I never would.
Last edited by moonsword27 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Dusk [Ch. 1]

Post by wpgrace »

Agh!!! A new fic and an author I have not seen before!!!!!!!!

Oh I love this first chapter! The infamous wedding night and soooooo cool to get a little more insight to what he is thinking and going thru... I always found that frustrating, that this life altering event was so little revealed on the show!!!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Re: Dusk [Ch. 1 - PG-13]

Post by moonsword27 »

Glad you liked. ^^
And yes, it is definitely a riveting relationship. I'd really like to explore the early parts of his life as a vamp with her.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Dusk [Ch. 1 - PG-13]

Post by wpgrace »

Then go for it! There are several fans of that relationship on this board!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Shades of Grey”