An unexpected Gift -(PG13) Mick/Cora/Beth

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: An unexpected Gift -(PG13) Mick/Cora/Beth

Post by mitzie »

Wow--this is truly a surprise "gift"!! Coraline, still devious as ever, always getting her foot in the door when it counts!!! Loved it!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :seesaw: :devil: :dizzy: :stir: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :evillaugh:

mitzie
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

mitzie wrote:Wow--this is truly a surprise "gift"!! Coraline, still devious as ever, always getting her foot in the door when it counts!!! Loved it!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :seesaw: :devil: :dizzy: :stir: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :evillaugh:

mitzie

Thank you very much Mitzie. Coraline always love to make her presence known.....

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Awww, Emma-lee. :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Phoenix wrote:Awww, Emma-lee. :hankie:

Sorry Phoenix did not mean to make you cry... In my mind it continues and is a happy ending for us.

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

he has the best of both worlds.....enjoy the next decades with Beth and then sort it all out with Coraline if she hasn't been dazzled by some new suitor. Beautiful emotions from a woman so often painted with a dark heart. Thank-you for revealing her soul.

Lucy
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Lucy wrote:he has the best of both worlds.....enjoy the next decades with Beth and then sort it all out with Coraline if she hasn't been dazzled by some new suitor. Beautiful emotions from a woman so often painted with a dark heart. Thank-you for revealing her soul.

Lucy
Thanks Lucy. I agree he can have both right now. Though I do see Coraline waiting for him, and leaving little presents along the way, well timed of course.

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous!!

You have raised a very valid question--one that I think the show would have spent a lot of time on, had things worked out differently.

Did Coraline succeed in reinventing herself or is she still playing Mick? [And all this time we thought that Mick was the musician.] The timing is, to say the least, convenient--but that could be an accident. Or is it. All in the eye of the beholder...or the mind of the reader.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

This was so thought-provoking, Emma-lee. So I have to wonder (being the MickBeth shipper that I am) if Mick looks at his time with Beth as just a distraction while he bides his time to be with Coraline again? That makes me sad -- like Beth is something to pass the time rather than his true love. Hmmm.
allegrita wrote:Wow! Now both Mick and Beth have something secret hidden in a drawer... Beth, the BC, and Mick, the Cure. Interesting that they're both flirting with the other one's condition.

Mick's question at the end is very interesting, both for his uncertainty about his future feelings for Coraline, and for his certainty that he will never turn Beth. Hmmmmm! This is a really thought-provoking story.
You make some interesting observations here, Alle. I guess snooping in each other's dresser drawers might reveal more than either bargained for. And although it does seem he does not intend to turn Beth, maybe he just needs a minute to digest the fact that he now holds the cure in his hot little hand? I hope? :pray:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Hmmm. Will he take the cure and live a mortal lifetime with Beth? And what if he reverts when he's old? Will Coraline want him then? Or will he not take the cure but turn Beth? Or will he take the cure for a while but then stop it? So many possibilities. Whatever they are, Coraline is quite sure that after a mortal lifetime with Beth he will come back to her. She will wait. What's another few decades for a vampire?
Lots of thoughts in this short little piece. Thank you! :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

So fun to visit this one again... it still makes my mind go about 20 directions at once.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote:Fabulous!!

You have raised a very valid question--one that I think the show would have spent a lot of time on, had things worked out differently.

Did Coraline succeed in reinventing herself or is she still playing Mick? [And all this time we thought that Mick was the musician.] The timing is, to say the least, convenient--but that could be an accident. Or is it. All in the eye of the beholder...or the mind of the reader.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Thanks Jen. I like leaving my readers with more questions than answers....
Moonlighter wrote:This was so thought-provoking, Emma-lee. So I have to wonder (being the MickBeth shipper that I am) if Mick looks at his time with Beth as just a distraction while he bides his time to be with Coraline again? That makes me sad -- like Beth is something to pass the time rather than his true love. Hmmm.
allegrita wrote:Wow! Now both Mick and Beth have something secret hidden in a drawer... Beth, the BC, and Mick, the Cure. Interesting that they're both flirting with the other one's condition.

Mick's question at the end is very interesting, both for his uncertainty about his future feelings for Coraline, and for his certainty that he will never turn Beth. Hmmmmm! This is a really thought-provoking story.
You make some interesting observations here, Alle. I guess snooping in each other's dresser drawers might reveal more than either bargained for. And although it does seem he does not intend to turn Beth, maybe he just needs a minute to digest the fact that he now holds the cure in his hot little hand? I hope? :pray:
Thank you Moon. This was just as thought provoking for me to write as it was for you to read.
francis wrote:Hmmm. Will he take the cure and live a mortal lifetime with Beth? And what if he reverts when he's old? Will Coraline want him then? Or will he not take the cure but turn Beth? Or will he take the cure for a while but then stop it? So many possibilities. Whatever they are, Coraline is quite sure that after a mortal lifetime with Beth he will come back to her. She will wait. What's another few decades for a vampire?
Lots of thoughts in this short little piece. Thank you! :flowers:

NO, thank you for reading. And I think Coraline will always wait for her one true love...
allegrita wrote:So fun to visit this one again... it still makes my mind go about 20 directions at once.
Thanks Alle. I am glad my older stories are still on the radar.

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I've been revisiting old challenge stories and this one really packed a punch. Coraline does have perfect timing. If Mick only shared a human life with Beth I do think he would drift back to Coraline
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

It seems as though Coraline has been watching Mick, and chose this as the time to strike. She is very, very clever. By choosing to send him the cure now, she has ensured that Mick will be thinking of her tonight, when he should be thinking of Beth.

Nicely done, Emma-lee. :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

cassysj wrote:I've been revisiting old challenge stories and this one really packed a punch. Coraline does have perfect timing. If Mick only shared a human life with Beth I do think he would drift back to Coraline
Thanks for coming back! I totally agree I think Cora and Mick are meant to be....
Marigold wrote:It seems as though Coraline has been watching Mick, and chose this as the time to strike. She is very, very clever. By choosing to send him the cure now, she has ensured that Mick will be thinking of her tonight, when he should be thinking of Beth.

Nicely done, Emma-lee. :rose:
Thank you Marigold. I do hold that Cora is very smart and very cunning, plus she does have all the time in the world....

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Great reread!!!

Of course, this can be taken a lot of different ways.

Did Mick really find a way to go after Coraline? I really think that Mick, being Mick, would not be able to resist riding to the rescue. Oh, sure--he is certain that Coraline messed with his head for decades and doesn't trust her any farther than he could...no, that wouldn't work. He could toss just about anything one handed now...but you get the point.

Is Coraline playing on Mick's guilt if he didn't try to rescue her. After all, she knows how to push his buttons. After several decades of marriage, she has them all mapped out and has probably installed a few as his Sire.

Whatever is going on, you have to give her points for knowing how to slip one in under the radar. She knows that he cherishes the cure. She is letting him have what he wants, but there are still clearly feelings there on both sides.

I have to say though the idea of letting Beth age into the old lady he hangs out with feels more than a little cruel. Not only does it condemn Beth to the ravages of aging, but she is tortured by seeing her ageless love every day, knowing that one day he will be free to choose someone else. For Mick to ask the question whether he would still want Coraline after Beth is gone, means that he already contemplating it.

Excellent story, though. Very thought provoking!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”