Furniture Failure PG13 Champ Chall #138: Still Human

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
Lucy
Ancient

Furniture Failure PG13 Champ Chall #138: Still Human

Post by Lucy »

Okay, writers, here’s your challenge. Let’s hear about Mick as a newly-minted ex-vampire. He had over six days to try out being human, so, what happened?
Any rating, any length. Any pairing, but really, Mick needs to be involved here.
The challenge will run through the end of April.
Please note that all entries should be new stories, and should be inspired by the Challenge prompt. Thanks!
Please post your entry in your office and a link in this thread, and we'll make sure the OP gets updated. If you don't have an office, please PM allegrita and she will be more than happy to set one up for you.
Your Admin and Mod Staff

PG13
Disclaimer:
I don’t own Moonlight.
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.
No copyright infringement is intended.

Furniture Failure

I meant to get a good night’s sleep last night… SLEEP….yes…human sleep. But I have friends, well actually a certain friend, Josef.

“Boyo, Roche Bobois wouldn’t be my choice for my nightly repose. That’s if you know I slept” Josef strolled around loft as if seeking something of great value. He plucked at the bowl of grapes, holding them up in the light to examine their dusky shapes, “It’s amazing with a bit of fermenting and a big splash of O+ these babies are quite tasty”

I had to give him a sideways look, “Don’t play with my food” I yawned as I wrangled the dirtied dishes into the dishwasher I had never used until this week.

“So, back to your little paraphernalia situation… too bad you hadn’t gone with Buatta” The grapes had lost Josef’s interest and now he was in the fridge, opening take out containers registering varying levels of yay or nay with full facial expressions.

“My food, Josef” I wanted to snap at him with a dish towel.

“Well, I always let you play with my food” Josef closed the door and washed his hands with an exaggerated flourish.

“Which I don’t” I was emphatically walking around the loft, physically overstating my nightly housekeeping before I retired.

It was a bit of a human ritual I remember my Mother doing before she went to bed. She must have been the one. Each evening Dad and I would leave magazines and the evening newspaper splayed over the coffee and end tables. I was especially guilty of leaving a pair of stanky socks, not stinky but truly stanky socks balled together and wedged in the corner of the sofa.

“You heading somewhere, champ?” Josef checked his watch; it was 12:38a.m.

“To bed” I emphasized “bed”.

“To bed? Right, well sleep tight; don’t let the bed bugs bite. I do remember bed bugs” Josef was about to give me the historical references behind the phrase as I gently spun him around and walked him to the front door.

“One day we’ll have a protracted discussion about idioms and how they apply in your life” My eyes were bloodshot, my back hurt and my jeans were a bit too tight, “Good-night, Josef” I patted him on his shoulder and gave him a tired grin.

The actual fact hit Josef like the market crash in 1989.

“Right, sleep well and ah…think about Mario Buatta” He had to have the last word.
I choked out, “Buatta?”

“The Prince of Chintz, Mario Buatta for the sofa” He shook his head as if he was dealing with a teenager, “G’night, Mick” and he was gone.

I had just cast a 400 year old vampire out of my home! I shook my head at my audacity and said my prayers as I showered in the hottest water I could stand. While I brushed and flossed I made tomorrow’s To Do list, at the top of my list, get a bed.

I may have sentenced Beth to spend a couple of nights on that rectangular form of torture but I wasn’t spending another night there. Then as the mechanical whir of the refrigerator lulled me to a sleep I recollected, if I had a bed, Beth wouldn’t have to sleep on the sofa.
Marigold
Courtesan

Re: Furniture Failure PG13 Champ Chall #138: Still Human

Post by Marigold »

I guess Josef doesn't realize just how important sleep is to humans, especially to newly-turned humans. :snicker:

I'm glad Mick is going to buy a bed. Even though he won't be able to sleep in it for very many nights, it is an important part of his human charade, and it might encourage Beth to spend the night more frequently. :twothumbs:

Thank you, Lucy! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Excellent point, Mick. So why did you condemn her to the uncomfortable couch in Click? ALONE??? :snicker:

Very cute. Josef's comment about the grapes made me snort.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Marigold wrote:I guess Josef doesn't realize just how important sleep is to humans, especially to newly-turned humans. :snicker:

I'm glad Mick is going to buy a bed. Even though he won't be able to sleep in it for very many nights, it is an important part of his human charade, and it might encourage Beth to spend the night more frequently. :twothumbs:

Thank you, Lucy! :flowers:
Yes...they could go to speed dating!!!! :snicker:
:curtsey: Thanks for dropping in!!!!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Excellent point, Mick. So why did you condemn her to the uncomfortable couch in Click? ALONE??? :snicker:

Very cute. Josef's comment about the grapes made me snort.
Well....I wish I had been there with one of my "tornadoes" to suggest this....then Beth wouldn't have been on the rectangular form of torture.
I like to make people snort....that makes my night!
:curtsey:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucy

This is fabulous!

Yes, Josef. We get it. You are not altogether delighted with Mick's return to the mortal coil and the things he presently deals with.

What excellent snark! You have the cadence and timing of the snark down so very well.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

jen wrote:Lucy

This is fabulous!

Yes, Josef. We get it. You are not altogether delighted with Mick's return to the mortal coil and the things he presently deals with.

What excellent snark! You have the cadence and timing of the snark down so very well.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts:
:notworthy: Thank-you....so,so,so much!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Josef doesn't approve, but what's new? The couch is just a symbol of the gulf between Josef's taste in designers and Mick's frugal lifestyle choices. Josef doesn't get that for a human sleep is very important and the bed doesn't matter all that much.
Mick clearly planned to get a permanent bed but then didn't get around to do it. Poor Beth still slept on the couch later.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

francis wrote:Josef doesn't approve, but what's new? The couch is just a symbol of the gulf between Josef's taste in designers and Mick's frugal lifestyle choices. Josef doesn't get that for a human sleep is very important and the bed doesn't matter all that much.
Mick clearly planned to get a permanent bed but then didn't get around to do it. Poor Beth still slept on the couch later.

True, true....of course it might be that Josef is wondering what it means to be human in this era.... the flavors of fresh food - the varieties of wines and liquors to drink!

Thanks, francis- I know you have been a busy lady. I appreciate your finding this. :notworthy:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I think I missed this the first time around. I do wish he had gotten to enjoy a bed. :heart:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Damn Mick you need a bed if you want Beth to "sleep over". As always love the Josef _ Mick banter so right on character
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:I think I missed this the first time around. I do wish he had gotten to enjoy a bed. :heart:
I agree and also wish we had a second or third or fourth season to enjoy them enjoying that furniture. THANKS to Moonlightaholics for giving us the opportunities! (and thanks for reading)

BlueEyedMonster wrote:Damn Mick you need a bed if you want Beth to "sleep over". As always love the Josef _ Mick banter so right on character
Doggonit, RIGHTO about that bed thing.....! I do love the 'boys' they seem to pluck my strings every now and then.......

Return to “Lucy's Office”