Gift of a Child (PG13) Champ Chal 133/Holidays

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
Marigold
Courtesan

Re: Gift of a Child (PG13) Champ Chal 133/Holidays

Post by Marigold »

Thank you for this look at the night that changed Mick's life. Beth's abduction gave Mick the strength to rebel against Coraline, and the opportunity to reconnect with his human side. Mick truly had a paradigm shift that night. His efforts to comfort Mrs. Turner, his thoughts about the check, and his secret "donations" to the Turners show this very well. :happysigh:

It was fascinating to read about Beth's mom and home life. You did an excellent job of filling in the pieces of that night, and of Beth's childhood in general.

I love the vivid imagery in this story. It was a nice touch to have this all happen during the holiday season.

What a wonderful story, Lucy! :flowers: :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:notworthy: Always a joy to hear of a Champagne Challenge...they stir up all sorts of thoughts. Glad you enjoyed it.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

What a wonderful response to the challenge, Lucy. I like the way you use the contrast in their lifestyles to develop the story. For some reason this really stuck with me.
Lucy wrote:“Yeah, I told her big girls liked Pound Puppies too” she wiped at mascara ringed eyes ruddied by hours of crying, “But I was covering, because I didn’t have the money, it was either the doll or the bedset” her confession stung me; the bedset wasn’t three drinks at the nightclub I frequented.
What a lovely story. :clapping:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucy

This is warm, redemptive and all kinds of wonderful!

I love the little details--the eighties songs on the radio and the references to things of that period; Mick's slightly noir vibe; and I also picked up a hint of Sam Spade and Humphrey Bogart in his P.I. mannerisms. He has mostly moved past that stage in the Mick we saw, but it is entirely reasonable that he still carried shadows of those icons at that time.

Totally agree with others that Mick reconnected with humanity here. Practically and emotionally, he reconnected with humans as more than a food source and found that he liked himself a lot more now.

Thank you!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :xtree:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

nutmegger911 wrote:What a wonderful response to the challenge, Lucy. I like the way you use the contrast in their lifestyles to develop the story. For some reason this really stuck with me.
Lucy wrote:“Yeah, I told her big girls liked Pound Puppies too” she wiped at mascara ringed eyes ruddied by hours of crying, “But I was covering, because I didn’t have the money, it was either the doll or the bedset” her confession stung me; the bedset wasn’t three drinks at the nightclub I frequented.
What a lovely story. :clapping:
:notworthy: :quill: Thank-you! I love the challenges.... something always gets dislodged from my noggin. Always happy to share. :curtsey:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

jen wrote:Lucy

This is warm, redemptive and all kinds of wonderful!

I love the little details--the eighties songs on the radio and the references to things of that period; Mick's slightly noir vibe; and I also picked up a hint of Sam Spade and Humphrey Bogart in his P.I. mannerisms. He has mostly moved past that stage in the Mick we saw, but it is entirely reasonable that he still carried shadows of those icons at that time.

Totally agree with others that Mick reconnected with humanity here. Practically and emotionally, he reconnected with humans as more than a food source and found that he liked himself a lot more now.

Thank you!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :xtree:
Jen-

Thanks for appreciating the "noir" (my sis and I grew up on Ellery Queen and Mike Hammer pulp novels that our Pappy (grandpa) read while he was at sea). Once we read Angel of Vengeance we saw why some of the episodes of ML used some NOIR aspects. I can see Mick in the white sport coat and pink carnation..... he might have been too young for a speakeasy, but there was plenty of 40's glamor out there for him to wade thru.

With a short story like this it is all about the details.... Mick always sought redemption.... and Beth was his avenue.

So glad to share..... :notworthy:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:hearts: I love this story! It brings tears to my eyes every time I read it, the way Mick slowly finds threads of himself in sharing Beth and Barbara's fears and feelings!

:clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

maggatha3 wrote::hearts: I love this story! It brings tears to my eyes every time I read it, the way Mick slowly finds threads of himself in sharing Beth and Barbara's fears and feelings!

:clapping:
Truth be told...I almost forgot about this one. These challenges dislodge deep thoughts, they're like depth chargers - bringing things to the surface. Glad you enjoyed it!

:notworthy:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This story always brings a tear to my eye. Mick was reborn this holiday season. A whole new life opened up to him.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:This story always brings a tear to my eye. Mick was reborn this holiday season. A whole new life opened up to him.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: For stopping in and leaving kind words! :notworthy:

Return to “Lucy's Office”