Missed Me, Missed Me. Challenge #116 (PG13) Cora's voice

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Missed Me, Missed Me. Challenge #116 (PG13) Cora's voice

Post by Lucy »

Moonlighter wrote:Hmmm, sorry to all the Coraline fans, but I'm in the minority here. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Yes, Coraline loved Mick in her own way, but her deception and actions she took without thinking of the consequences to others is what brought her to the showdown with Mick in the cabin. And in truth, he did feel bad that everything had spiraled down to such a tragic end (or so he thought). How can she turn it around and blame him for the fact that she loves him but he does not reciprocate? It happens everyday, and kidnapping Beth was the straw that broke the camel's back for him. If Coraline had taken time to maybe apologize for what she did in the first place and then get to know the real Mick, things may have turned out differently, but she simply went after her own selfish dreams and to hell with everyone else. And on that note, I'm gonna skedaddle before the Cora-lovers come after my head!! Image

No angry mobs.....it is what it is, that if there were no dark (Coraline) there would be no Mick for Beth........
There is no light without dark....
I am only too glad that the writing evoked emotions and that you were honest and proud enough to leave your comments.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Fascinating insight to Coraline, Lucy. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

coco wrote:Fascinating insight to Coraline, Lucy. :clapping:
:wave: :notworthy: Thank-you!
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Great storytelling, Lucy, really :flowers: ...But Coraline is not going to fool me , this is just one of her mindplaying tricks...she is playing even with herself..I don't believe in loving someone in your own way. You either love or you don't . And then you don't hurt them and you even push your ego aside, she never loved Mick, she just lusted for him and egoistically tried to make a perpetual toy out of him, she got what she deserved and if she had taught Mick better how to stake, she would be just DEAD. Now she pretends to be suffering,accusing him of lying and false promises, and putting such ideas into your beautiful head? :winky:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

maggatha3 wrote:Great storytelling, Lucy, really :flowers: ...But Coraline is not going to fool me , this is just one of her mindplaying tricks...she is playing even with herself..I don't believe in loving someone in your own way. You either love or you don't . And then you don't hurt them and you even push your ego aside, she never loved Mick, she just lusted for him and egoistically tried to make a perpetual toy out of him, she got what she deserved and if she had taught Mick better how to stake, she would be just DEAD. Now she pretends to be suffering,accusing him of lying and false promises, and putting such ideas into your beautiful head? :winky:

ah, yes....when the evil have thoughts they have insidious ways of infiltrating them..... :2eyes:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Poor Coraline is so hurt by what Mick has done to her. In her mind she was trying to make him happy and he acted like judge jury and executioner. I love revisiting old challenges.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This is a good one--the good ones always inspire interesting discussions. To capture Coraline properly, you have to show her strengths and her weaknesses, her good and bad aspects. Because she was one of the most interesting, and most complex characters on the show. I love the way you've done such a great job of showing us how terribly hurt she is, and also how utterly unable she is to understand why Mick did the things he did, and reacted as he did to all of her attempts to win him back.

Maybe it was only by turning human again that she was able to see, even a little bit, from Mick's POV. (Which, mind you, didn't stop her from totally messing with his head, and murdering at least one person in the process. Like I said: a complex character.) :snicker:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Ladies, thank-you both for revisiting.

I love Coraline for her complexity..... and she gave us Vampire Mick. Hoped I did her justice in your eyes. :notworthy:

Return to “Lucy's Office”