Champagne Challenge #113. Cleaning House, G Rated

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
Lucy
Ancient

Champagne Challenge #113. Cleaning House, G Rated

Post by Lucy »

I only WISH I owned the characters....we'd be in Season 3!
This story brought to mind by Francis.....more voices are getting in line

G rated

Cleaning House

I meant to do my paperwork today, finish my income taxes….I feel like I’ve been paying them forever and I kept thinking about our “date”, when I could see you again.

I went to the closet and tucked above the hat box with my Mother’s Easter Bonnet was the box with the Angel Doll. Do you remember that year? The year the doll wrapped in pink tissue in a blue plaid box landed on the front door overnight? What did you say when the lid came off, when the ivory lace of the angel gown spilled out of the package? I pushed it aside and reached for the black hat I wear once a week.

So it’s time for me to clean out the boxed memories in the closet dust them off and think of every waking hour we spent together. We were each other’s guardian angel, weren’t we? It’s time we got together again…..so I’ll dress and be there by sunset, our golden hour.

Oh, yeah….the closet needs cleaning; too many memories are stacked like a Jenga game, just waiting for a piece to be slid out and my house of cards will collapse.

I got out of the car, I know you loved this thing…..but it groans with me at the wheel, it knows you’re gone. My bloodshot eyes covered with my “Jackie O” sunglasses I drop to an arthritic knee and say a prayer for you, for us.

The Crypt was supposedly forbidden, it just wasn’t done….. When a vampire dies his body is “claimed” by The Cleaners.

We broke rules; together we forged out, left Josef and settled for each other. How could the term be “settled”? We fought for what we wanted and took it. Taking what we thought we deserved, we had no idea you’d be dead within the year.

Bad Blood? A Vampire Virus? I couldn’t offer what I had left of you for Guillermo to do a post-mortem.

I bought the crypt, had you interred and the rest they say is “legend”. I run my bent fingers over the ornate ivy engravings on the doorway, "Michael St. John - 1922-2012" still profoundly clear for the 37 years it’s welcomed me.

I know you'll wait for me, Mick, I love you………forever.
More voices are getting in line......
Last edited by Lucy on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Cleaning House G Rated

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Ok, you need to write a story expounding on this... :hankie:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

:hankie: :hankie: :hankie: Oh this was so sad. Nicely done, but I don't like to think of a world where they did not go on together into eternity.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Sigh. This is sad, heartbreaking and so good. Mick would probably approve of this scenario more than the other way round, but Beth now only has her memories for years to come. One day they will be reunited.
:hankie:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Ok, you need to write a story expounding on this... :hankie:

thank-you....
It's odd how obtuse thoughts come to you ...begging to be recorded. I haven't heard from Mick yet, Beth was pretty vocal though.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

moonlightlover60 wrote::hankie: :hankie: :hankie: Oh this was so sad. Nicely done, but I don't like to think of a world where they did not go on together into eternity.

thank-you....
I must be in a dark period.....I've never thought of Mick dying before, must the be the H5-O talk.
Sorry, I couldn't carry it around....Beth tapped my on the should and told me to type.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

francis wrote:Sigh. This is sad, heartbreaking and so good. Mick would probably approve of this scenario more than the other way round, but Beth now only has her memories for years to come. One day they will be reunited.
:hankie:

Thank-you,
Yes...it was a weight to "take off" when I burst it on to the page and posted it in about an hour last night. It felt like Beth was dictating.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

moonlightlover60 wrote::hankie: :hankie: :hankie: Oh this was so sad. Nicely done, but I don't like to think of a world where they did not go on together into eternity.
:hankie: Yes, thinking they went through eternity together with Josef by their side keeps Moonlight alive for me. :hankie: They have to be together in my little world. Love the fic though. :hankie:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Cleaning House/Challenge 2/24, G Rated

Post by allegrita »

Don't you love those stories that are like taking dictation :type:
...as opposed to this kind? :quill: :laugh:

But what a sad, sad story! I honestly think Beth would be better able to go on without Mick than vice versa, but what a heartbreaking scenario. I liked the memory of the angel doll... was it from her childhood, or from the time they had together? I kinda like that it's not definite.

But oh, I just :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: to think of her alone for so long, after having such a short time to share with him. And what broke them away from Josef, anyway? So many questions arising from this little story...
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

Very nice Lucy, so sad, :hankie: :hankie: That Beth had her memories, is beautiful. :heart: :friends:

Jenny :rose:
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote:Don't you love those stories that are like taking dictation :type:
...as opposed to this kind? :quill: :laugh:

But what a sad, sad story! I honestly think Beth would be better able to go on without Mick than vice versa, but what a heartbreaking scenario. I liked the memory of the angel doll... was it from her childhood, or from the time they had together? I kinda like that it's not definite.

But oh, I just :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: to think of her alone for so long, after having such a short time to share with him. And what broke them away from Josef, anyway? So many questions arising from this little story...

Thank-you.....
Yes, she jockeyed in line and pushed ahead of Josef and Mick. Josef is tapping on my shoulder....he's got to comment on why Mick and Beth left him in LA.
The doll was from when she was little, the Easter after her kidnapping.....Beth wouldn't play with it, she kept it clean in the box (a la Madame Alexander Dolls)
I appreciate your reading.
L
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

aolver wrote:
:hankie: Yes, thinking they went through eternity together with Josef by their side keeps Moonlight alive for me. :hankie: They have to be together in my little world. Love the fic though. :hankie:

you know....I have always thought and believed that.

This Hawaii 5-O stuff just makes me sad, another reminder that Moonlight is more "gone"
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

JosefsRose wrote:Very nice Lucy, so sad, :hankie: :hankie: That Beth had her memories, is beautiful. :heart: :friends:

Jenny :rose:

And she treasured her memories, didn't she?
Thanks for reading!
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

Lucy wrote: ... and I kept thinking about our “date”, when I could see you again.
I bought the crypt, had you interred and the rest they say is “legend”. I run my bent fingers over the ornate ivy engravings on the doorway, "Michael St. John - 1922-2012" still profoundly clear for the 37 years it’s welcomed me.

:bmoon: :Mickangel: :hankie: :bmoon: :bmoon: :bmoon: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
I don't want this!
I don't agree !
:hankie: :bmoon: :hankie: :bmoon: :hankie: :bmoon:
It have been long time since I cry like now - after reading this story ...
(I hope my husband won't come here :fingerscrossed: ...)

Thank you, Lucy
:rose:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Albra wrote:
Lucy wrote: ... and I kept thinking about our “date”, when I could see you again.

:bmoon: :Mickangel: :hankie: :bmoon: :bmoon: :bmoon: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
I don't want this!
I don't agree !
:hankie: :bmoon: :hankie: :bmoon: :hankie: :bmoon:
It have been long time since I cry like now - after reading this story ...
(I hope my husband won't come here :fingerscrossed: ...)

Thank you, Lucy
:rose:

Come here for a hug, Albra....
The thought if more time away from ML made me sad this day....... Josef and Mick are poking me know and I have to recover from taking some new meds that make me sleepy. Then Josef has a lot to say about why Beth and Mick took off........

Sorry to make you sad.....

Lucy

Return to “Lucy's Office”