Moonlight-Related purchases

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Moonlight-Related purchases

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Not sure where to put this, but mods, please move if there is a better place. :ysmile:

I went shopping on Black Friday (Macy's) and found this AMAZING jacket that I fell in love with at first sight. The buttons remind me of Mick in that Hause of Howe Bobby Frock jacket. Plus, if that wasn't awesome enough, it was SUPER cheap! :teeth:

Here is the jacket that Mick wore:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Displa ... Dslv8-msgr

Here is my jacket:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5899/mickjacket.jpg

What purchases have you made that are ML-related? Have you found a blouse that looks like Beth's? Bracelets that look similar to Simone's? Do share!!
*Christy*

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight-Related purchases

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, I haven't indulged, but I have noticed that if you wanted to COVER your house in fleur de lis stuff, uh, you could acquire anything you wanted at Hobby Lobby. It appears to be a popular motif these days.

Lucky
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I do have the Bobby Frock jacket I bought on Ebay for 45 bucks. Only it's in brownish gray, not black. I might one day dye it.
Very high quality. It normally sold for 250 plus bucks. It fits pretty darn good, but my boobs get in the way somewhat. Oh well. Have to strap those puppies down to get a good fit. I always figured I could dress up as Mick for Halloween with a wig. I'm 5 10 so I've got the height.
m00nlight_babe
Fledgling

Post by m00nlight_babe »

I have quite a few fleur de lis things. Some are post ML, some are before. Its a popular symbol in Louisiana, so its everywhere.
Banner by Me, please no snagging
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

It may be my imagination, but I started noticing fleur de lis everywhere after ML aired. We'll say it was the show that brought out the popularity even more than it already was. ;)
*Christy*

m00nlight_babe
Fledgling

Post by m00nlight_babe »

I think its that you notice it because its in your memory now.
Banner by Me, please no snagging
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I haven't purchased anything but I have crocheted a table runner with Fleur de Lis motive that I wouldn't have done if not for Moonlight.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Remember this? I'd love to have a pair but it's a little pricey for both of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Views-Anti ... ASIN%3DB00
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Yeah, those magnifiers are cool, aren't they? My ML purchases are pretty much limited to event tickets. It is really fun to meet everyone and enjoy the party.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

I have two beautiful - and to me, absolutely priceless - items both with a Fleur de Lis motif. Both were gifts. :hearts:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Yes, Hobby Lobby has become inundated with all things Fleur de Lis :snicker: It's crazy how that stuff is everywhere now. I'm into the Fleur de Lis jewelry and keep trying to find pieces when I go shopping... ;)
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey, M_V...if you have a "Charming Charlie's" around, they have a whole fleur de lis SECTION.

Lucky
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Mick's Ring :heart:

On e-bay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Mic ... m270.l1313

You can re-search to see if others are available from time to time by entering "Mick St John Vampire ring"

You no longer have to get into a biding war as it is now available as a Buy it Now item :biggrin:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImage

Because of this Champagne Challenge #136 - Mick's Ring, Mick's Pendant http://moonlightaholics.com/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=9516
I thought this could be some inspirational information to know from Alex himself as to why he chose this particular ring. It's an old interview from Moonlight Detective.com and Alex is a bit scattered trying to explain it but I just love knowing where he was coming from being that the ring was his idea in the first place :D

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 Moonlight Detective talks with Alex O'Loughlin

ML-D: Yup moving on! Well speaking of accessories, something that the fans have been talking about pretty much since the show premiered is Mick’s ring.

Alex O’Loughlin: Yeah.

ML-D: So I wanted to ask you about that. Do you know what the significance of the ring is?

Alex O’Loughlin: It’s the first thing I chose for Mick, for that character, and I chose that for him when we showed the pilot that didn't air; the pilot with the original cast. It was, I wanted him to have a piece of jewelry that we could attach a time line to; that we could attach a storyline to, and that could be a piece of jewelry that was… cuz he’s quite a modern character, you know, I mean, he doesn't dress in long velvet capes and… You know, I mean, he wears … he fits into contemporary society. He looks like any guy, you know? And I wanted him to have one piece one something that was from another time.

ML-D: Kind of a throwback?

Alex O’Loughlin: Yeah, and I know that he’s only, kind of, 90 years old himself, but you know, that ring comes from maybe when he went to Europe one time and he had an association with a six or seven hundred year old vampire and had a love affair with, or, you know, maybe he went to Prague, but it’s definitely from another time and it’s from another place and there’s a definite storyline attached to it that we haven’t sort of released yet and so hopefully you know… But it’s such a beautiful peace that I was looking for - I said, “I want him to have a ring,” and the guys were saying, like, the producers were asking me what I thought and I said, “Well, I don’t know.” And we were looking at the French symbols and we were looking at talking about the French origin of vampires and stuff which we start bringing into [episode 12] as well, and they brought in, you know, hundreds of different rings and I found that one, and I was like, “That’s the one! That’s the one I want.” And the producers were like, “No, no, no, it’s not right. It’s too…” And I was like - I really fought for it and I was like, “No, it’ll be good because…” And I sort of sold it, and it doesn’t actually have any religious iconography, or any fleur de lis, or anything specific on it. It’s just kind of got cool flower patterns, and there is a cross with diamonds, but it’s not like a crucifix, and so it’s… and it’s got that beautiful moonstone underneath, and so, yeah, it’s just a piece of jewelry that Mick wears on his right index finger, which is kind of unconventional as well. It’s not really a finger I associate ring wearing with, but I liked it, that’s different.

ML-D: It’s a pretty spectacular piece, and it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. I do hope we get to see a storyline attached to it.

Alex O’Loughlin: Yeah, me too.

Here is a link to the interview this excerpt is borrowed from:
This Moonlight fan bolg was one of my favorite sites to run to in Moonlight's Hay Day!
http://moonlightfan.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -alex.html
Last edited by kath40 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Supercool. Thanks, honey.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

That's so cool, kath...thanks for posting that. :smooch:

I've always wished there had been a storyline attached to Mick's ring...it's such a cool piece!

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”