Moonlight Product Placement

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight Product Placement

Post by redwinter101 »

I think the clothing and accessories they picked for Mick were fascinating - they were ALL high end but they weren't "superbrands". His watch wasn't a Rolex; his jeans weren't Gucci; his sunglasses weren't D&G - they were interesting niche brands (Panerai, Blue Tattoo and Rock 'n' Republic, Blinde and Persol).

A little like Mick... :whistle:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

redwinter101 wrote:I think the clothing and accessories they picked for Mick were fascinating - they were ALL high end but they weren't "superbrands". His watch wasn't a Rolex; his jeans weren't Gucci; his sunglasses weren't D&G - they were interesting niche brands (Panerai, Blue Tattoo and Rock 'n' Republic, Blinde and Persol).

A little like Mick... :whistle:

Red
Just more evidence of the thought, planning and attention to detail that they put into all the design aspects. :sigh:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Niche brands, not the usual, not the expected, and often hard to find.
But they showed off his bod pretty well... would Mick be aware of that, or would he be oblivious??

And interesting that he'd wear niche brands, really. You gotta personal shop for some of that stuff... which means contact. Maybe vamps owned some of those unusual labels. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Maybe these niche brands would be traded over the internet. Mick had a lot of lonely nights with time on his hands, maybe he browsed for unusual and quality clothing. He had the money, he had the taste, he didn't want personal contact. What better way to buy clothes? Especially when you have a body that fits perfectly into normal clothes because you have the body of a model?
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

For some things, maybe, francis, but for others, they are brands with exclusivity - you won't find them available to buy online and are only stocked by select outlets. Now a little after hours shopping might be another option...

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:For some things, maybe, francis, but for others, they are brands with exclusivity - you won't find them available to buy online and are only stocked by select outlets. Now a little after hours shopping might be another option...

Red

You volunteering to be his personal shopper, Red?? :thumbs:
I'd actually love to see what you wrapped him in. :biggrin:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh dear Lord, Grace, are you trying to get me in trouble with boss?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:snicker: I won't rat you out, Red. :smooch: And I absolutely agree with you about Mick's sartorial taste reflecting his personality. :happysigh:

Josef probably hires professional shoppers, but I think Mick would definitely do his own. Hey, it would give him a chance to feel like a "normal guy" sometimes. I imagine that vamps would tend to shop in smaller stores for the most part - the ones that did their own shopping, that is. Big stores filled with lots of humans might be distracting. I kinda like the idea of vamp-owned (or former-freshie-owned) boutiques... with interesting hours for certain select customers. I started thinking about that when I read Lilly's "A Night on the Town." :chin:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh dear Lord, Grace, are you trying to get me in trouble with boss?
:devil:
Plus I just enjoyed the visual... :biggrin:

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thank you for this thread.

What a lovely, lovely, rich and significant detail that there was sufficient care in the small, seemingly insignificant props. It just shows the depth and thought that was put in all facets of the production.

While I do not adore the noir scenes, as a rule, the small points that detract from my enjoyment of Moonlight are very minor. When you fall in love with a show and a set of characters, you are willing to put up with flaws.

These little details feed into the tapestry of vampire life beautifully. When your livespan is not around 70 or 80 years, and you are not subject to the same dangers that the other members of the mortal coil are, your perspective shifts and other things become important. Things need to be built to last because now you are built to last. Also, there is more emphasis on substance and less on form.

I find the detail interesting that Mick's watch seems to be more exclusive than Josef's.

This last point may not belong here, but I'm 'on a roll here so I will just include it. Even though the vamps use the term 'immortal' and 'forever is a long time' all are clearly aware that they are not immortal. The lifeline is just a lot longer.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

redwinter101 wrote:For some things, maybe, francis, but for others, they are brands with exclusivity - you won't find them available to buy online and are only stocked by select outlets. Now a little after hours shopping might be another option...

Red

Awh.......Red, I know a few of us would have happily been his personal shopper! :giggle:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote::snicker: I won't rat you out, Red. :smooch: And I absolutely agree with you about Mick's sartorial taste reflecting his personality. :happysigh:

Josef probably hires professional shoppers, but I think Mick would definitely do his own. Hey, it would give him a chance to feel like a "normal guy" sometimes. I imagine that vamps would tend to shop in smaller stores for the most part - the ones that did their own shopping, that is. Big stores filled with lots of humans might be distracting. I kinda like the idea of vamp-owned (or former-freshie-owned) boutiques... with interesting hours for certain select customers. I started thinking about that when I read Lilly's "A Night on the Town." :chin:

ssssssooooooooooooooo....the next time you shop in a boutique....check their fridge....what's in it? (If it looks like Mick's fridge, wear a turtleneck????)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I happened to be walking past a (very) high-end jewellery store today in the Bellagio in Las Vegas and what did I spy in the window? Mick's watch. Okay so probably not his actual watch, but the same brand. The delightfully helpful sales lady directed me to the display case FULL of Panerai watches and of course I just had to try a couple on for size. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

I'd never seen one in the flesh, so to speak (it's a very hard-to-find brand in the UK) - they are beautiful. Classy, sleek, solid but not in the least flashy. Such a good choice for Mick.

Red

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Ohhhhh. I've never seen one in person. :hearts: Were they heavy?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Very heavy - the one I tried sat beautifully on my wrist. Sigh.

The feature that really caught my eye was the casing that runs round the winder - I haven't seen that on any other design before. The face is very plain and elegant - it has the feel of a watch made by someone who knew precisely what they wanted in a watch and trusted that others would like it too. No jewels or glitter. (The price tag is still eye-watering though.)

Red

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”