Josef's mural - Alex Gross is making a print

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Josef's mural - info from the artist Alex Gross

Post by Lilly »

By MLF above, I meant Moonlightfans.com. Oy -- these acronyms. :slaphead:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

I've never seen the full picture before. Wow! What a stunner! And so perfect for ML. Not just the moon, but also the bridge. I imagine it was so perfect for Joseph because it reminded him of Sarah.

It looks absolutely dramatic on the ceiling. I think the painting makes a lovely memento of Moonlight. I wish I could afford it. I'd be tempted to see how it looks on the ceiling (in a very small hallway). :mrgreen:
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm thinking a framed print would be very classy and make my office look less like a landfill. There's a nice open space right above my computer...

Lucky
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Thanks for the update, Lilly. Did Alex give any indication that he's okay with the number of people that have expressed interest to date? Or do you think he's looking for a higher number?
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Lilly wrote:Hey, all --

I heard from Alex -- as of late last night, he's received about 7 or 8 emails expressing interest in the print. It looks encouraging, but we'd like spread the word even more. Is there anyone who is a member at MLF who might be willing to bring this info over there? Any other forums?

Also, Alex may be stopping by our little forum here to have a look around in the next couple of days.

Image Alex!
A visitor! Fabulous! We welcome you Alex! :wave:

Thanks for the update Lilly! I got tied up today and was a little late in sending my e-mail, but I sent it out tonight. Hopefully we'll spread the word enough.. :fingerscrossed:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:Thanks for the update, Lilly. Did Alex give any indication that he's okay with the number of people that have expressed interest to date? Or do you think he's looking for a higher number?
Susie - I don't have a definite yes or no, but he did say that it seems promising and that he would start looking into scanning the film so that he can make a print. My gut feeling is that he'd like to see a bit more interest. I will ask him, though.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Lilly wrote:
VAsusieQ18 wrote:Thanks for the update, Lilly. Did Alex give any indication that he's okay with the number of people that have expressed interest to date? Or do you think he's looking for a higher number?
Susie - I don't have a definite yes or no, but he did say that it seems promising and that he would start looking into scanning the film so that he can make a print. My gut feeling is that he'd like to see a bit more interest. I will ask him, though.
I just heard from Alex and he IS going to go ahead with the print. :yahoo: Details, including exact size and price, will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. He says "it will take at least a few weeks to get it proofed and ready to go."

:woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh *wonderful* news.

Thanks so much, Lilly, for making this happen.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Yay! this is fantastic news Lilly :cheering:

:thanks:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Woohoo!

I'm so glad he decided to do the print for us! Absolutely great news, Lilly! And its awesome of you to have reached out to him for all of us!
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I might be interested in this print, but I'll have to wait and see what money I come home with from London. LOL It's BEAUTIFUL, colorful and a real eye-catcher. Will have to wait and see.

Thanks for all the info, Lilly!! :)
*Christy*

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Well, Christy, London may still be one of the most expensive places in the world :roll: but at least your dollars go a lot further these days than they would have done a year ago.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:
I just heard from Alex and he IS going to go ahead with the print. :yahoo: Details, including exact size and price, will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. He says "it will take at least a few weeks to get it proofed and ready to go."

This is fabulous news!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: I am so excited, and will definitely be purchasing one! Thanks for all the legwork you have done for this Lilly :hug:

My credit card will be on hold so I can make room for it... :woohoo:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

redwinter101 wrote:Well, Christy, London may still be one of the most expensive places in the world :roll: but at least your dollars go a lot further these days than they would have done a year ago.

Red
True. When I went to London back in late 2003, I think the exchange rate was around $1.20. I had planned to go back for my 30th birthday (May 2006), but it just didn't work out. I'm glad I waited to go back. :)
*Christy*

lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Re: Josef's mural - artist Alex Gross is making a print

Post by lynnrxgal »

I LOVE that print and I did notice it right away in the program! Off to email Alex (um, the artist). Don't know where I will put it, though. Guess I'll have to redecorate around it!

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”