Josef's mural - Alex Gross is making a print

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Re: Josef's mural - Alex Gross is making a print - update 4/9

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I don't suppose he's the type that likes suprises? :scary:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

bluedahlia3 wrote:I don't suppose he's the type that likes suprises? :scary:
Some, but not the "hey, honey, I just spent $225 without consulting you" variety.

Lucky
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

librarian_7 wrote:
bluedahlia3 wrote:I don't suppose he's the type that likes suprises? :scary:
Some, but not the "hey, honey, I just spent $225 without consulting you" variety.

Lucky
I'm with you here, Lucky. Hubby was not enthused with my "suggestion" so no print for me, I'm sorry to say. He's been very considerate of my obsession otherwise, so I can't say I blame him on this one.

It is gorgeous though and I am very envious of all of you who received one! Enjoy!!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Well my print has left the house today to go with an artist friend who agreed to get the supplied and frame it for cost. But I may not get it back for a few weeks.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

cassysj wrote:Well my print has left the house today to go with an artist friend who agreed to get the supplied and frame it for cost. But I may not get it back for a few weeks.
It's out of your sight for a few weeks?? Can you survive Carol? :confused2: I don't know....

I took it out of the tube and you should have seen me trying to get it back in there. You talk about someone with a serious case of OCD :snicker: "Check. Double check. I think it's ok. I hope it's ok. It should be fine until I get it framed." :blahblah: :lol:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

moonlight_vixen wrote:
cassysj wrote:Well my print has left the house today to go with an artist friend who agreed to get the supplied and frame it for cost. But I may not get it back for a few weeks.
It's out of your sight for a few weeks?? Can you survive Carol? :confused2: I don't know....

I took it out of the tube and you should have seen me trying to get it back in there. You talk about someone with a serious case of OCD :snicker: "Check. Double check. I think it's ok. I hope it's ok. It should be fine until I get it framed." :blahblah: :lol:
You were gutsier than me! :snicker: I was so anal about it that I have thus far refused to take it out of the tube! :giggle: I'd never forgive myself if I did damage to the print just trying to take it out...or put it back in. So mine stays in the tube 'til I get it to the framers, which will be this Friday.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

The FedEx guy cam while I was out on Thursday. Bad timing. :angry: Then he came while I was in the shower on Friday. :thunder: He usually comes at the same time of day so I thought it was safe to take a shower, but nooooooooooo -- he came 4 hours early and left a sticky tag on my door. :banghead: I thought I was going to have to wait until today, but my incredible husband drove 20 minutes in the opposite direction from our house when he left work on Friday and picked up the print at the FedEx facility about 40 minutes from our home. Have I mentioned lately that I love my husband? :hearts:

I did take the print out and it was very well wrapped. The paper stock is very heavy. And the print is GORGEOUS! :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

That's a good husband Lilly. I trust my friend will do a good job framing my print. :fingerscrossed: I'm his sister's oldest friend and I've known him since he was 10. But I have to give him time.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

** holds Carol's hand ** I know how you feel -- it's going to be really hard leaving my "baby" at the framing shop. The gal owns the shop does great -- very meticulous -- work. But it's going to be hard to wait.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I admit I was starting to freak out a little because my parcel hadn't arrived yet - and now I know why. Today in the mail I received an invoice from Parcelforce. They are holding the parcel at their depot pending payment of VAT and their handling fee (how nice of them to "handle" it for me... :grumble: ). Grand total £37.47 (about $55). Grrr.

So I'm on my way to pay and collect it now.

Just a heads-up for anyone else overseas planning to place an order.

*but I still can't wait to see it*

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

Aww Red -

That's just WRONG! But I'm glad it is IN your area! I have not ordered mine yet - BIG vacation coming up in July. I *hope* we're the only ones who 'know' about this - and I'll still be able to get one within the next few months.

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Actually, Karen -- the info about the print has been posted on 6 sites and I'm hoping to spread the word further. I feel like I owe Alex that much for taking a chance on us.

I haven't "talked" to him in about a week, but last I knew about a third of the prints had been sold. I'd say you still have time, but you may just want to email him to be sure. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:I admit I was starting to freak out a little because my parcel hadn't arrived yet - and now I know why. Today in the mail I received an invoice from Parcelforce. They are holding the parcel at their depot pending payment of VAT and their handling fee (how nice of them to "handle" it for me... :grumble: ). Grand total £37.47 (about $55). Grrr.

So I'm on my way to pay and collect it now.

Just a heads-up for anyone else overseas planning to place an order.

*but I still can't wait to see it*

Red
Exact same thing happened to me Red. I paid more than that though as I had to add on extra for a Saturday delivery as I had no way of collecting from the depot and I would be at work when they delivered during the week. :grumble:

I did not even consider I'd have to pay that on top of what I did for the print. :dizzy:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Red and coco -- I'm so sorry you had to pay those huge extra fees. :comfort: I don't deal with international shipping very often, so it never occurred to me that there would be any sort of duty on the package.

Thank you for letting others know, though, so that they can be prepared.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Well, I'm suppose to pick up my framed print this weekend from the framer's. While talking to him on the phone, he mentioned something about using a "blue tinted bulb" to bring out the colors. Has anyone every heard of a "blue tinted bulb"? :noway: My other paintings/prints just have a low flourscent blub over them. When I asked, he said that paintings/prints that use a lot of dark and light painting to contrast each other are beautiful, but sometimes the light painting gets dulled down by the darker paint, and vise-versa, the dark paint looks even darker with the light. He says the "blue tinted bulb" will make the dark paint a bit brighter. So, is he pulling my leg? :snicker:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”