Josef's mural - Alex Gross is making a print

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Josef's mural - Alex Gross is making a print - update 4/9

Post by cassysj »

:comfort: :comfort: :no: :sigh: That is so frustrating. But there is a bright side. They could have been shipped for tomorrow delivery and then any missed ones would be stuck until Monday.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Okay, got home and the package had arrived, very nicely packaged. I was so excited! I opened it up and saw how carefully Alex had wrapped the print. Then, all of a sudden I got really, really scared. I'm afraid to unroll it. Worried I might not be able to get it back in the tube without bending it or worse! So I'm debating leaving it in the tube until I can take it to the framers to get it framed. What do you guys think? Am I being OCD or just being careful? :snicker:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:Okay, got home and the package had arrived, very nicely packaged. I was so excited! I opened it up and saw how carefully Alex had wrapped the print. Then, all of a sudden I got really, really scared. I'm afraid to unroll it. Worried I might not be able to get it back in the tube without bending it or worse! So I'm debating leaving it in the tube until I can take it to the framers to get it framed. What do you guys think? Am I being OCD or just being careful? :snicker:
Totally understandable Susan. It's precious cargo. :snicker:

Can I just say I adore that you've added Vincent to your banner. :yahoo: :happysigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is very well packaged. I did unroll it to make sure it was the right print. I was 6/40 made my sister roll it back up.

Lit with low light and a million doll boxes in the background. It will not be hanging in this room :snicker:

My normal Josef Doll setting

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:Okay, got home and the package had arrived, very nicely packaged. I was so excited! I opened it up and saw how carefully Alex had wrapped the print. Then, all of a sudden I got really, really scared. I'm afraid to unroll it. Worried I might not be able to get it back in the tube without bending it or worse! So I'm debating leaving it in the tube until I can take it to the framers to get it framed. What do you guys think? Am I being OCD or just being careful? :snicker:
Susie -- if you've had trouble in the past with posters and tubes, then I'd say wait -- just for your own peace of mind. But I think it's printed on pretty heavy stock and should hold up just fine to unrolling and re-rolling. :thumbs:

ETA: :yahoo: Carol!!!! It's gorgeous!! Yay!!!
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

:yahoo: how gorgeous does that print look? :yahoo:

I'm very excited now about mine arriving and having it hang on my wall. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

That's SO gorgeous. Thanks so much for the pics, Carol. :rose:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I think I'm going to take Lilly's advice and keep it nice and safe in its tube! :snicker: I'm off from work tomorrow, so I'll take it by the framers and get her all fixed up. Now for the next question...Any thoughts on the matting and frame itself? And ideas what would really set it off and make it pop?

And thanks, coco, for the banner comment. Yes, sirensong is awesome when it comes to graphics. But then when you have such a beautiful subject to work with, its hard to mess it up! :snicker:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Haven't been home yet so I don't know if mine is there but I'm wondering what kind of frames are you getting? There's a framing shop across the street from where I work but I haven't even gone over there to talk to him yet. I wasn't expecting it so soon. I kinda lost a few days and have been playing catch up all week.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:I think I'm going to take Lilly's advice and keep it nice and safe in its tube! :snicker: I'm off from work tomorrow, so I'll take it by the framers and get her all fixed up. Now for the next question...Any thoughts on the matting and frame itself? And ideas what would really set it off and make it pop?

And thanks, coco, for the banner comment. Yes, sirensong is awesome when it comes to graphics. But then when you have such a beautiful subject to work with, its hard to mess it up! :snicker:
I'm wondering about the matting and frame myself. I've never had anything framed before. I have a friend who's an artist who is going to do it for me.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

cassysj wrote: I'm wondering about the matting and frame myself. I've never had anything framed before. I have a friend who's an artist who is going to do it for me.
Typically, posters are not matted.

I'm going to wait to decide until I get to the framer's and can hold the samples up to the print, but I've been thinking of either framing it in a dark wood to mirror the dark moulding that framed it in Josef's office...

ImageImageImage

or a brushed metallic finish to complement the steel tones in the background of the print...

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I like the dark wood. My den rooom is dark trimmed as well, so I might go that way. I'm even going to have lighting for the print, as the other paintings in the room are lit. But this one has a special place of honor, all by itself on one wall. :snicker:
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

I am so excited for each of you! How wonderful :groupwave:
It is stunning...
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

The print does look good in cassy's photo doesn't it :yes:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

It's gorgeous. Will begin lobbying husband...again.

Lucky

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”