FoS furnishings - where can I find that?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: FoS furnishings - where can I find that?

Post by allegrita »

MoonShadow wrote:I also have in my notes,

Kai, Samuel Davis

I might be wrong but I believe he is the artist responsible for this piece

please correct me if I am wrong.
MoonShadow, I got corrected information about the artist who did the paintings in Mick's entryway. His name is Kai Samuels-Davis. Here's his web site: http://www.kaisamuelsdavis.com/

The paintings were sold on eBay and purchased by MyImmortal. Here is some text from the eBay listing:
This is a pair of paintings commissioned by the CBS show Moonlight. They were featured in Mick's apartment on either side of the front door. The show scanned the original paintings and enlarged them to resemble murals.

These are the original paintings (not reproductions), signed, acrylic on wood panel, measuring 24" x 36" each. My name is Kai Samuels-Davis, I'm a working artist in Los Angeles. Rather than display the paintings in a gallery I thought I would make them accessible to fans of Moonlight who would like to own original art from the show.

I'll also include original sketches/comps for the paintings and step by step photos of the painting process. (images not shown)
Here's a picture showing the locations of the paintings in Mick's loft, although it doesn't really show the images well, unfortunately.
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

allegrita,
Thank you so much for the corrected information! I am so excited to be getting such a great collection of information on the set articles. MyImmortal bought them! Way COOL.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

And totally off topic (of course), but I notice the FOS pic also contains Mick on the couch as a bonus... :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

grace, grace, grace -- were we not just speaking of "works of art"? I don't think anyone will argue the aesthetics of that last FoS pic. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:grace, grace, grace -- were we not just speaking of "works of art"? I don't think anyone will argue the aesthetics of that last FoS pic. :snicker:

Oh! EXCELLENT point, Lilly... the bestest art ever... :cloud9:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

When RL gets to crazy, I fantasize about going away and getting a place all my own. Right now I think I would be happy in one room with all my books, the painting from Jason's ceiling and that beautiful brown chair. Better with, but even without Mr. St. John and his lovely fanny.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Okay, now I'm just freaked out!! How in the :beep: do you guys find out all this info on furniture??!!! :worship:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Okay, now I'm just freaked out!! How in the :beep: do you guys find out all this info on furniture??!!! :worship:
Well, Moonshadow wins the Mick St. John Super-sleuthing Award -- she tracked down Chris Marsteller and asked him for the info on THE chair. :notworthy:

I got most of my info using an old interview with Chris where he cited some of the stores they shopped at when buying furnishings for the show. I went to the stores' websites and browsed their online catalogs to find matches. I had actually perused the Cisco Brothers catalog at least three times, but somehow missed Mick's chair.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

jmc wrote:When RL gets to crazy, I fantasize about going away and getting a place all my own. Right now I think I would be happy in one room with all my books, the painting from Jason's ceiling and that beautiful brown chair. Better with, but even without Mr. St. John and his lovely fanny.
We completely understand the sentiment, for me it's the stairs, i want to turn on the jazz, light the fire, sit on the stairs with a glass of good red wine and write. No RL interruptions, no mommy must do's, no honey could you's... Just all that stunning ambiance; a place to let the words dance.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

MoonShadow wrote:We completely understand the sentiment, for me it's the stairs, i want to turn on the jazz, light the fire, sit on the stairs with a glass of good red wine and write. No RL interruptions, no mommy must do's, no honey could you's... Just all that stunning ambiance; a place to let the words dance.
That's really interesting and unique that you like to sit on the stairs. Such a random act, it's really cool. :reading:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Mick's loft had the most beautiful wooden screens, both inside and in the hallway:

On our recent trip to LA, we had a tour of the WB studios and while driving through a prop/workshop area called The Mill, what did we spot?

The attentive among you may have noticed that allegrita is rather taken with Mick's screens (among other things) and got the guide to stop the cart for a closer look. We weren't allowed to get out as it is a high traffic area, but, undeterred, alle stopped a random passer-by and asked him to inspect said screen and give us some more info. He happily obliged - turns out the screen, which looks like beautiful mahogany or wenge, is actually make of MDF (medium density fibreboard).

One other thing we learned at Warners is that nothing goes to waste - it has been kept and do not be surprised if you see it turn up in a future production.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

redwinter101 wrote:The attentive among you may have noticed that allegrita is rather taken with Mick's screens (among other things)
Uh-huh, she is... :hearts: :melts: :happysigh: :heart: :blushing:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

There were so many highlights to our trip -- and this certainly was one of them! Generally, "guests" aren't allowed inside the mill, but we were extremely fortunate that our guide was determined that we see as much of the "magic" as possible. She drove our tram right through the building, allowing us to get an insiders' look at the diverse work area inside.

Here's a closeup, of the screen...

Alle: "Oh! I want to touch it!" :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think the guide, who more than once commented something along the lines of "You ladies have done all my work for me," was a bit bemused that one of the things we were most excited about on the whole tour, was a bit of random screen in the Mill.

(Although I have to say, one of the high points for me was the entrance to Josef's New York townhouse...)

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I was watching FtP today and spotted something I thought would be easy to track down.

Mick is so excited to be able to taste real coffee again (just the way he says "... coffee". :melts: :melts: :melts: ) and he makes his morning brew with a rather nice Cuisinart coffee-maker:

Easy, no?

No. :no:

Cuisinart doesn't make that precise model any more. They have a number of models that are close, but they just aren't quite right:

This is the only one with the same configuration of buttons on the front. It has the glass jug but otherwise, the plastic surround is all wrong:

This is pretty close, but the shape of the stainless steel casing is wrong:

This overall shape is better, but the buttons and logo are different:

This looks the closest, to me, but it's still not perfect (and I don't think Mick's has the clear grinder section on top):

Anyone do any better?

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_bar.html

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”