Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Post by Lilly »

A long time ago I had put together a really rough floor plan of the FoS after someone said they had trouble visualizing it. It wasn't very accurate and it ended up getting lost along the way. So, I decided to make a new one.

Link: Floor plan of the FoS – Mick’s loft

The link above allows the floor plan to be rendered in 3-D and then rotated. The only problem with the 3-D version it that some of the furniture doesn't show up or doesn't appear quite the right style because the selection available on the website is very limited. Scale is a bit of a factor, as well, because for a lot of this, I've relied on eyeball "guestimations" from viewing the episodes --and from asking people who actually got to visit the set for their opinions.

This is really intended to be a sketch, not a detailed rendering. Among other things, I haven't added in the alcoves in the hallway.

I figure it's a work in progress. If anyone finds any glaring mistakes, I'll do my best to correct them.

As time permits, I'll add labels. We will also be starting a thread discussing Mick's furnishing and adding info as to where some of those items may be found.

--------

Just adding some photos of the living space...

and the office...

Edited 3/18/10: To correct floorplan
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Post by AggieVamp »

Lilly-

That is SO cool! :) Looking forward to more visuals.

Karen
:yahoo:
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wow, this is uber cool, Lilly. It really helps to visualize everything, and in my opinion it's fairly accurate. You even found the rug in his living room.

If only we had some idea of what the upper floor looked like in relation to the downstairs. And I would die to know what's behind the closet (?) to the right of the front door (if you come in) and what's behind the grey door next to his library (the one Josef threw him against). Guest bathroom, perhaps?
Do you think there is some visible "bulge" behind his secret fridge in the wall of the kitchen?
And where is this balcony? And the stairs to the roof terrace? So many unanswered questions still.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Lilly, that is purely amazing. :clapping: Are you going to take an educated guess about the upper floor?
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

francis wrote:Wow, this is uber cool, Lilly. It really helps to visualize everything, and in my opinion it's fairly accurate. You even found the rug in his living room.

If only we had some idea of what the upper floor looked like in relation to the downstairs. And I would die to know what's behind the closet (?) to the right of the front door (if you come in) and what's behind the grey door next to his library (the one Josef threw him against). Guest bathroom, perhaps?
Do you think there is some visible "bulge" behind his secret fridge in the wall of the kitchen?
And where is this balcony? And the stairs to the roof terrace? So many unanswered questions still.
The door next to the library could possibly lead to the balcony. I'm assuming access to the roof is from the second floor.
Phoenix wrote:Lilly, that is purely amazing. :clapping: Are you going to take an educated guess about the upper floor?
For me, the big problem with the second floor is that, to my knowledge, it was not laid out as a cohesive set. We saw the areas they needed us to see -- the freezer room, the bathroom and a brief peek at the hall in Fleur de Lis. There isn't necessarily a "right" way for them to be put together.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Because of the layout of the loft, the door against which Josef threw Mick would HAVE to lead to the balcony--there are windows along that wall, so the door either leads to a balcony or to a reeeeally long drop. :snicker:

I did a bunch of Googling about the actual building (the Title Guarantee Building) in which the fictional FoS is located. I'm going to create a thread in this area for it. I'll post the floor plan of the penthouse and rooftop levels so we can get an idea of how one might fit Mick's loft into the actual building...
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wow, Lilly!

There is no END to your powers... thank you for using them for Good. :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

WOW. That is amazing Lilly :clapping:

I'm looking forward to more info in this thread. Very interesting indeed :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

wpgrace wrote:Wow, Lilly!

There is no END to your powers... thank you for using them for Good. :clapping:
:smooch: Thanks, grace. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Lilly, you know how much I love this, right? The FoS was pretty much a character in its own right and it's amazing what you've done here.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Holy cow Lilly! How long did it take you to put all this together? :snicker: This is incredible. I can't wait for more visuals :thumbs:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Yeah!!!!! :yahoo:

I'm so happy to see the FOS back in business! I loved seeing the FOS in person and having it here brings so many good memories to life.

You amaze me with your talents lady, thank you for sharing with us! :cloud9:

thank you!
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

This is really wonderful, Lilly!! Such attention to detail! Wow!! Just Wow!! :clapping: :clapping:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

WoW! this is truly amazing (and really appreciated)!! Nice to be able to see all the detail that flashed by so fast in the show. Thanks so much for doing this :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

You wouldn't believe all the episodes I suffered through over and over to get every angle, every measurement.... :mdrama:

(Those darn vamps are sooooo distracting. :snicker: )
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”