Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Re: Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Post by Josefismysire »

jmc wrote:Of all times for our computers to be down; impatiently waiting for the hard-drive fairy to put the system back together so I can browse at will.

I love the floorplans, maps, furniture and Josef's mural! :thanks: :thanks:
Moonlight's sets were so lovingly detailed and beautifully executed they deserve to be in a book.
ITA, jmc!! The sets are characters unto themselves..beautiful and unique. :heart:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Josefismysire wrote:
jmc wrote:Of all times for our computers to be down; impatiently waiting for the hard-drive fairy to put the system back together so I can browse at will.

I love the floorplans, maps, furniture and Josef's mural! :thanks: :thanks:
Moonlight's sets were so lovingly detailed and beautifully executed they deserve to be in a book.
ITA, jmc!! The sets are characters unto themselves..beautiful and unique. :heart:
Well said JIMS! They definitely were characters unto themselves.. :thumbs:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
bank1115
Fledgling

Post by bank1115 »

I'm a little late to the party but Lilly WOW! All the thought and work you put into this is overwhelming. Great job and thanks, kays :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Beautiful banner by Phoenix
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

This is a wonderful article about the set design, go down to page 58 and enjoy!

http://www.artdirectors.org/sites/art/i ... eb_Mar.pdf
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Sigh. That was a real treat, MS... thank you so much.

They got SOOOO much so right on this show... d@mn!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Grace,
IMHO I agree completely. After years of two dimensional sets, flat story lines, lame characterizations; watching a production filled with really artistry is what made this show work. The level of skill demonstrated that TV could be something more than an exercise of brain numbing oblivion. I read the entire journal out of curiosity. The sadness for me was to realize what happens when one part of the mix surpasses the rest. Genius unappreciated and in turn unvalued.
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MoonShadow wrote:Grace,
IMHO I agree completely. After years of two dimensional sets, flat story lines, lame characterizations; watching a production filled with really artistry is what made this show work. The level of skill demonstrated that TV could be something more than an exercise of brain numbing oblivion. I read the entire journal out of curiosity. The sadness for me was to realize what happens when one part of the mix surpasses the rest. Genius unappreciated and in turn unvalued.

My turn now to agree with you. Those set people surpassed themselves in thought and execution. And were ignored cause the show got cancelled. That's painful... and I bet it was for them also.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This article is stunning. I love the high resolution photos that we got with it.
And I realized for the first time that on top of Mick’s stairs there’s not only a grated window, but another staircase going the opposite way. Maybe the plans I made for the top floor are wrong again, but it makes sense. There has to be more than the skylight would allow.

And have you seen the silver statue or something at the fireplace in the second photo? I’ve never noticed that before. What is it? Almost could be something like a very abstract angel.

The article gives an answer to my question if they really destroyed the office in an explosion. They didn’t, they dismantled it and added the debris. Good to know.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

francis - I think what you see at the top of the stairs is a utility ladder. Probably something they were using on set.

I'm not sure what you mean in the second photo. If you're talking about what's on the floor by the fireplace, that's a set of fireplace tools -- poker, shovel, tongs. I'm not sure if they were in place during in the show. Given the nature of his fireplace (no logs), he wouldn't really need a tool set.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Lilly wrote:francis - I think what you see at the top of the stairs is a utility ladder. Probably something they were using on set.
Yes, that could be. There is not much space for another staircase. I just got so excited that I found something new.
I'm not sure what you mean in the second photo. If you're talking about what's on the floor by the fireplace, that's a set of fireplace tools -- poker, shovel, tongs. I'm not sure if they were in place during in the show. Given the nature of his fireplace (no logs), he wouldn't really need a tool set.
Yes, it could be something like that. Maybe they took it out later because, as you say, it makes no sense.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Fabulous article. So very interesting. :thanks: for sharing it with us :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

I'm late to the party too, but thanks Lilly for this incredible floor plan of Mick's place. Oh, how I would have like to take up residence there! :snicker:
And Moonshadow,thanks for the link to the article about the Moonlight set. Beautiful photographs of the sets and very informative!

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

A couple of items gang,

I gave Chris Marsteller the link to this thread and he wanted all of you to know how much he enjoyed reading you thoughts. Lilly wins the award for coming the closest to getting the floorplan correct for the loft. Chris has been a delight to talk with and sends everyone his regards.

:groupwave:
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:gasp:

MS, thank you for this wonderful update!! Wow, I'm honored that he thought the floor plan was close. :blushing: (I know I'm off a little at the pass-through from the office to the loft, though.)

Chris -- if you happen back here, I just want to thank you for giving us something unique and truly special in the wonderful sets for Moonlight. Mick's loft was affectionately dubbed the "Fortress of Style" some time ago, but the name stuck because it was the perfect description. Josef's office was no less breathtaking -- I only wish we had been able to spend more time there.

A very big :hug: to you from all of us here.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

MoonShadow wrote:This is a wonderful article about the set design, go down to page 58 and enjoy!

http://www.artdirectors.org/sites/art/i ... eb_Mar.pdf
This is a wonderful article, and the pictures are stunning.

For those who haven't checked it out, the article starts on p 58 of the journal, but about p. 51 of the PDF...

Lucky

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”