Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Floor plan of the FoS - Mick's loft

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:You wouldn't believe all the episodes I suffered through over and over to get every angle, every measurement.... :mdrama:

(Those darn vamps are sooooo distracting. :snicker: )

I know it was just so difficult for you dear. To have to watch them over and over...you're just so dedicated. And all that vampiric distraction that you had to ignore (as if).... :giggle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

You're a trooper, Lilly... and SUCH a team player...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

you are an absolute genius Lilly! Your graphics are brilliant. Someone else may have asked this already, but, where did the other door in Mick's living area go to? It used to drive me nuts not knowing!!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Luxe, do you mean the door on the right wall near the library -- the one that Josef threw him against in Fated to Pretend? The only thing we can figure is that it's some sort of closet or it leads to the balcony.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Lilly wrote:You wouldn't believe all the episodes I suffered through over and over to get every angle, every measurement.... :mdrama:

(Those darn vamps are sooooo distracting. :snicker: )
Oh, yeah. All that hard work. The suffering you must have gone through... :mdrama: :lol:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Incredible Lilly, just marvelous. Thanks so much. :groupwave:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Way cool, Lily! :cheer:

About the door Josef threw Mick against, that you think goes to the balcony. Isn't the balcony where Mick and Beth had their big scene ("I've found my guardian angel") and where Mick confronted Lance the same balcony? Because in the episode where Mick smelled Lance, they showed Mick stealthily walking up the stairs with his knife, then in the next scene they are on the balcony. Is that correct? Which would lead one to assume you reach the balcony from the second floor of the loft.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

MickLifeCrisis,

In the actual building -- see the floorplans here: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=2566 -- there are terraces on both the penthouse level and the roof level (which is where the second floor of the corner unit is located). I think that Mick and Beth talked on the large, lower level terrace, and Mick and Lance met on the smaller, upper level terrace. It's my firm opinion that the door by the bookcases must lead to the terrace, because it's along a wall that has windows. There's no place for a closet there, unless there's a bulge in the outer wall...
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Lilly wrote:Luxe, do you mean the door on the right wall near the library -- the one that Josef threw him against in Fated to Pretend? The only thing we can figure is that it's some sort of closet or it leads to the balcony.
Yes, that's the one I meant. I was hoping it would go somewhere a little more exciting than a closet... but hey, even vampires need closets I suppose.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote:MickLifeCrisis,

In the actual building -- see the floorplans here: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=2566 -- there are terraces on both the penthouse level and the roof level (which is where the second floor of the corner unit is located). I think that Mick and Beth talked on the large, lower level terrace, and Mick and Lance met on the smaller, upper level terrace. It's my firm opinion that the door by the bookcases must lead to the terrace, because it's along a wall that has windows. There's no place for a closet there, unless there's a bulge in the outer wall...
Okay, thanks, allegrita. :rose: That makes sense, that there are two balconies. It did sort of seem that the "Lance" balcony was a lot narrower than the "Beth" balcony, but I thought maybe it had something to do with the camera angles.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Personally, I don't think the set designers spent a lot of time making Mick's loft "fit" into the Title Guarantee Building's actual layout. There was no reason to. I think they came up with the best design for the character and the show, and didn't worry about the logistics of fitting it into the actual building. Mick's apartment is approximately 30 feet wide with windows on both sides. Also, his office features a slanted wall of windows approximately 20 feet from the wall that holds his front door.

As for the "mystery" door, the wall is bumped in there, so it could easily be a closet. Not very glamorous, I agree. And I've always wondered if this was the "gray door" Mick warned Beth about in "12:04am." I had considered that this could be the entrance to his freezer room until "Sleeping Beauty" when he clearly headed upstairs to get some rest. In the first episode, Mick did approach his hidden blood freezer in the kitchen from that direction when he first woke up. A number of details changed after the pilot -- I'm just wondering if this was one of the ones that got tweaked along the way.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Before I post a figment of my imagination I assure you that it's only a figment of my imagination and totally IMO and with a grain of salt and all that. I don't have any sense for measurements and proportions, but a vivid imagination. For example I can clearly see a door opposite the bathroom door that I am sure doesn't show up in screencaps.

That said, I took the liberty and butchered Lilly's beautiful floor plan to illustrate what could work as the upper floor. No way does it fit in reality, as we only see the shower (with Beth in B.C. and with Morgaline in FdL) and Mick coming out of some room into a short hallway that has a bas relief at the wall. He could come out of some closet room because he is getting dressed after having showered. There COULD be the staircase opposite the closet room door but we don't see it. There is a glass grating next to the bathroom door and we clearly DON'T see another door there. But... here's where imagination comes in.
We need a freezer room upstairs, and there's a urinal in it. So... I thought he could have bought the apartment and then have a freezer installed in a room that he partitioned off from the bathroom. It could be behind some installment IN the bathroom or hidden in the hallway. I first thought it could also be hidden behind the relief, but that's not possible.
I think he would maybe have a storage room upstairs (for his foot locker for example) and a stairway or hallway to the rooftop terrace. But... there's no room. If there isn't a hidden way behind the glass grating there must be a door opposite the bathroom that we just failed to see.
A problem for the layout of upstairs is that there is a big glass ceiling in his living room. Everything else must be built around it. But there must be some way to climb that glass, because Shepard got in from outside (maybe he pushed a window open in the downstairs hallway and climbed the roof).
Having rooms around the glass ceiling must take away some light, but then again Mick isn't really fond of light, is he?
So, this is my take. Totally hypothetically, of course, but it's like visual fanfic, isn't it?

VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

francis wrote:Before I post a figment of my imagination I assure you that it's only a figment of my imagination and totally IMO and with a grain of salt and all that. I don't have any sense for measurements and proportions, but a vivid imagination. For example I can clearly see a door opposite the bathroom door that I am sure doesn't show up in screencaps.

That said, I took the liberty and butchered Lilly's beautiful floor plan to illustrate what could work as the upper floor. No way does it fit in reality, as we only see the shower (with Beth in B.C. and with Morgaline in FdL) and Mick coming out of some room into a short hallway that has a bas relief at the wall. He could come out of some closet room because he is getting dressed after having showered. There COULD be the staircase opposite the closet room door but we don't see it. There is a glass grating next to the bathroom door and we clearly DON'T see another door there. But... here's where imagination comes in.
We need a freezer room upstairs, and there's a urinal in it. So... I thought he could have bought the apartment and then have a freezer installed in a room that he partitioned off from the bathroom. It could be behind some installment IN the bathroom or hidden in the hallway. I first thought it could also be hidden behind the relief, but that's not possible.
I think he would maybe have a storage room upstairs (for his foot locker for example) and a stairway or hallway to the rooftop terrace. But... there's no room. If there isn't a hidden way behind the glass grating there must be a door opposite the bathroom that we just failed to see.
A problem for the layout of upstairs is that there is a big glass ceiling in his living room. Everything else must be built around it. But there must be some way to climb that glass, because Shepard got in from outside (maybe he pushed a window open in the downstairs hallway and climbed the roof).
Having rooms around the glass ceiling must take away some light, but then again Mick isn't really fond of light, is he?
So, this is my take. Totally hypothetically, of course, but it's like visual fanfic, isn't it?

This wonderful Francis. I agree there was a hallway Mick went down in Fleur De Lis to get to the bathroom where Coraline was taking a shower. I always thought his freezer room/bathroom had a closet off it like he had converted a large bedroom into a vampire friendly room. In my stories I assume he has a large storage area like you've drawn out that they converted to Beth's room with a sky light in it and the storage room with the guitars and Army stuff becomes a nursery. I agree that the access to the roof top (not the balcony) had to be from the upstairs.

VF5
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Of all times for our computers to be down; impatiently waiting for the hard-drive fairy to put the system back together so I can browse at will.

I love the floorplans, maps, furniture and Josef's mural! :thanks: :thanks:
Moonlight's sets were so lovingly detailed and beautifully executed they deserve to be in a book.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.

Return to “Moonlight Ambiance”