Brian in "Beauty and the Beast" (CW)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Brian cast as JOE in CW's BatB Reboot

Post by librarian_7 »

I've only seen a little of ep 2, so far, but damn! it was like deja vu all over again seeing Brian as a police detective.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

librarian_7 wrote:I've only seen a little of ep 2, so far, but damn! it was like deja vu all over again seeing Brian as a police detective.
I am happy to see him working....but this show has upset so many BatB fans that they are 'wishing' all sorts of bad things for it.

The music in the background is SO Moonlight....... I can't help but think the same folks are doing the scoring.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I haven't seen this yet, but John Frizzell wrote the theme and much of the background music for Moonlight. He worked last year on The Secret Circle on the CW, so it's entirely possible he could be involved with B&B even though he isn't yet listed as such on IMDb. :shrug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I like the show but I don't even think of it as a reboot, even though that is technically what it is. I'm enjoying it but it doesn't have the magic of the original.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I know what you mean, Carol. I loved the original BatB, and although I was open to them rebooting the concept, I just don't think they did that good a job. The show isn't bad, but it's not mysterious or romantic. It's more real-worldish. I really think they'd have done better not to use the BatB name, because it's bound to invite comparisons, and they aren't favorable comparisons. :sigh: Vincent's handicap is a lot more like Bruce Banner's (the Hulk) than the original Vincent's... and his monstrousness isn't beautiful or fascinating, it's just kind of depressing. I feel very sorry for him, but I don't find him attractive or even very sympathetic as a character. :shrug: Brian's awesome in his role, though. I like his take-charge attitude.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I am enjoying BatB more and more. The only thing I didn't like last night was the Catherine/Vincent balcony/fire escape scene. (don't remember which) It seemed too much nod nod wink wink to the original and that bothered me. It shouldn't because it's a reboot but this Vincent is sooooo different I would separate. This isn't even a based on characters created by..... I like it as a show but I want it to be it's own show
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Does anyone know how it is doing in the ratings....by CW standards lower than top 3 networks
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

only well enough to request 3 more episodes. I am not a numbers person....just read the headlines.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Here's a zap2it article about it. CW has ordered three more scripts, not episodes.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... dcast.html

ETA: Here's a site that has the ratings for the first two weeks. Not great... first week was 2.78 M viewers, 1.2 18-49, with a 3 share; second week was 2.00 M viewers, 0.7 18-49, 2 share.
http://www.spottedratings.com/2012/10/s ... 12-13.html

And last night's preliminary numbers from TVBTN: 1.875 M viewers, 0.7 18-49, 2 share. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/1 ... ws/154826/
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Of course, ads I saw for it Wed. while watching Supernatural, billed it as "CW's NEW HIT DRAMA!"

:shrug:

Return to “Brian”