Brian in "Men of a Certain Age"

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Totally random no-topic thread, part 16

Post by r1015bill »

Cable seems to divide the episodes for a season in half showing them at different times months apart. This confuses the heck out of me. Am I watching the first or last half of the season?

For example David Blue's Star Gate Universe had its first half in October/November. The second half is going to be in the spring (they haven't announced an exact start date). Actually, I guess I should say the "last" half because the show has been cancelled. And Eli (David's character) had just started to get really dramatic.

USA shows all do this half season thing too - White Collar, Burn Notice, Psych, etc.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thanks for the information. This half season business is kind of annoying. But maybe it's the only way they avoid reruns. Anyway, hope we don't have to wait another year. Maybe it will be back in the summer.

Two things about last night's episode of "Men of A Certain Age" that were a little annoying - Why feature Halloween rather than Christmas at the party shop? Don't they know when the episodes will appear?

The second error (more of an actual error than the Halloween business) is if you look at Andre. B's character when they are eating breakfast in the restaurant - in some scenes he has on his napkin; in others in the same conversation he is napkin-less. I would say the editing could use some work. I guess scenes aren't shot in order even when they are supposed to be the same conversation.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Thanks for the information.

Two things about last night's episode of "Men of A Certain Age" that were a little annoying - Why feature Halloween rather than Christmas at the party shop? Don't they know when the episodes will appear?
They don't always know. Sometimes in cable a season start is changed. I seem to remember Scott Bakula talking about this show at a convention in the summer of 2008. I think HBO delayed the season of In Treatment months from one season to the next. Maybe they are saving the rest of the episodes for either February or May sweeps.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Brian on new show "Men of a Certain Age"

Post by Lilly »

:wave: Since it's become an on-going discussion, I moved the last few posts about this show from the "Totally Random" thread over to this topic. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Brian in "Men of a Certain Age"

Matt R. on the on-line TV Guide posted an answer to a question about this. I also asked a similar question. It appears they are dividing seasons in two. Not sure whether this works or doesn't? I'd say just as it finds its audience each year, it quickly goes away. But then I am not a broadcasting Exec. so what do I know?
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Men of a Certain Age comes back tonight at 10P. I'M not sure if Brian is in any more eps but I like the show
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

In the promo for next week Brian is going to be in that episode.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I don't record this show so I can't get a screen cap but Brian looked so good in his baseball outfit. Here is a link to the recap where you can get a few glimpses.

http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision/?cid=54032
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Darn it, you're gonna get me interested in this show, Carol... and I'm gonna have to catch up! (And oh yeah, Brian looks extremely good in a baseball uniform. And in a suit.) :melts: :happysigh:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Thanks for posting. I am very sorry to hear about this. I liked this show a lot.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I kinda agree with one commenter that the division of the season was a momentum killer.

As with Terriers on FX, and so many shows with Alex in em on CBS ( yes I'm talking about you Monday nights), networks seem to screw up shows by bungling the scheduling and presentations...

And Michael Raymond James STILL has no new show, right? Pfffffffftttttt. :madface:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I am so bummed!!! I agree the split season was a problem. I understand the reasoning of not wanting to compete with networks in Feb sweeps. I do get that it doesn't make sense but why did we have to begin in December. Why not begin in March and run straight thru or have a June beginning.

Sigh!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, rats. :madface: I hate the split season. It's just stupid. :witsend:
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Stupid TNT. :banghead: I loved this show and especially since we had a Moonlight connection with Brian. TNT is saying the show just never got the ratings, which if I never hear the word ratings again, that would make me ECSTATIC. I am so upset to lose this show. If they would have promoted MoaCA as much as The Closer....it would have been a HUGE hit. Pfftt.
*Christy*

Return to “Brian”