And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: M & C appreciation thread 2

Post by redwinter101 »

And they are very gratefully received, Em :hearts: . I particularly like the shipwrecked one - that's my favourite of the promo pics. Mick has such a possessive grip on Coraline...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Of course I like your own banner too, Em... Mick's curly hair... verrrrry distracting.....
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

redwinter101 wrote:And here they are, that wonderful, easy, comfortable conversation. "Maybe love can't exist without mortality."

Red
Mmmm...I LOVE this pic! Looks like he's staring at her mouth. :drool: The lighting is beautiful too.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

redwinter101 wrote:And they are very gratefully received, Em :hearts: . I particularly like the shipwrecked one - that's my favourite of the promo pics. Mick has such a possessive grip on Coraline...

Red
He really couldn't hold her any closer, could he? :thud:

Nice banner Em!

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

wpgrace wrote:Yeah, I know.

However, SOME day, when he is a big star, and he sits down with some magazine for one of those long interviews... somebody cool enough to have noticed that THIS couple, while doomed, was more interesting than MickBeth, maybe THEN, someone might ask him about his thoughts on that relationship... or MAYBE he and Shannyn might work again and then someone cool enough to have seen ML might ask him about their first time...

Yeah, not likely, but still it would be so cool to hear him talk about THIS couple. Cause in his interviews about ML, he never seemed ALLL that interested in talking about MickBeth. He did, cause he got asked. But it didn't seem to interest him all that much. He liked talking about MICK... he loved Mick (get in line, Alex), but the MickBeth he gave short answers about.

And other than "you had a crappy ex wife" kinda questions, he didn't get asked about Cora. Fans didn't want to hear about her (I was never at any of those fan things... poop). But the way the two played MickCora, I think THEY found this relationship interesting.

But yeah, it's a long shot. But I got nothing to do right now but plot for this... He's NOT ON TV yet. I have no patience.
Absolutely! It seemed that he (and Shannyn) understood that relationship and how they wanted it portrayed. It wasn't black and white to them like it was in the eyes of many fans with a case of tunnel vision. :tomato: I love that he upheld that Coraline was a great love for Mick* on the rare occasions he was asked. He and the writers diverged on the MickBeth relationship and that showed in the last eps.

ETA: *and said that he loved her still...

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

mwj01 wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:And here they are, that wonderful, easy, comfortable conversation. "Maybe love can't exist without mortality."

Red
Mmmm...I LOVE this pic! Looks like he's staring at her mouth. :drool: The lighting is beautiful too.
Her hand on his knee, the total absence of melodrama, the symbolism of her on her knees (there was a whole seeking forgiveness vibe to this scene IMO), just about to lean in for the most gentle kiss they shared in the whole season. For once, it wasn't about passion, or lust, it was about reconciliation, mutual recognition of who they are and what has passed between them. Something like that anyway. I loved it.

Red

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

redwinter101 wrote:
mwj01 wrote:

Red
Her hand on his knee, the total absence of melodrama, the symbolism of her on her knees (there was a whole seeking forgiveness vibe to this scene IMO), just about to lean in for the most gentle kiss they shared in the whole season. For once, it wasn't about passion, or lust, it was about reconciliation, mutual recognition of who they are and what has passed between them. Something like that anyway. I loved it.

Red
Truly, all of that! A beautiful, deeply meaningful scene all around.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:

However, SOME day, when he is a big star, and he sits down with some magazine for one of those long interviews... somebody cool enough to have noticed that THIS couple, while doomed, was more interesting than MickBeth, maybe THEN, someone might ask him about his thoughts on that relationship... or MAYBE he and Shannyn might work again and then someone cool enough to have seen ML might ask him about their first time...

Yeah, not likely, but still it would be so cool to hear him talk about THIS couple. Cause in his interviews about ML, he never seemed ALLL that interested in talking about MickBeth. He did, cause he got asked. But it didn't seem to interest him all that much. He liked talking about MICK... he loved Mick (get in line, Alex), but the MickBeth he gave short answers about.

And other than "you had a crappy ex wife" kinda questions, he didn't get asked about Cora. Fans didn't want to hear about her (I was never at any of those fan things... poop). But the way the two played MickCora, I think THEY found this relationship interesting.

But yeah, it's a long shot. But I got nothing to do right now but plot for this... He's NOT ON TV yet. I have no patience.
Absolutely! It seemed that he (and Shannyn) understood that relationship and how they wanted it portrayed. It wasn't black and white to them like it was in the eyes of many fans with a case of tunnel vision. :tomato: I love that he upheld that Coraline was a great love for Mick* on the rare occasions he was asked. He and the writers diverged on the MickBeth relationship and that showed in the last eps.

Well in AD... when teen vamp asks him did he ever love anyone completely... who does he envision? Still. Even now that he is working it with Beth.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

wpgrace wrote:
mwj01 wrote:

Well in AD... when teen vamp asks him did he ever love anyone completely... who does he envision? Still. Even now that he is working it with Beth.
Mmmm hmmm...with that lovely, reflective look on his face. *sigh*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:
mwj01 wrote: Absolutely! It seemed that he (and Shannyn) understood that relationship and how they wanted it portrayed. It wasn't black and white to them like it was in the eyes of many fans with a case of tunnel vision. :tomato: I love that he upheld that Coraline was a great love for Mick* on the rare occasions he was asked. He and the writers diverged on the MickBeth relationship and that showed in the last eps.

Mmmm hmmm...with that lovely, reflective look on his face. *sigh*

So so true, BC... that look was dreamy.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This look?

Red

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

That's the one! *pets him*

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

That whole sequence really is incredibly revealing. Listening to it again, the teen vamp isn't talking about passion or obsession, he's talking about love. That's what Mick is remembering - all-consuming love.

Red

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

You're so right Red! And what he recalled was a man completely in love with his bride on their wedding day. It was certainly about much more than passion and obsession for him, and in the end we saw that it was for her too.

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”