M & C appreciation thread 2

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: M & C appreciation thread 2

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Agreed, grace. Men can be dumb about the stuff they say to women.
(sigh.... if only ALL the men in our lives would say exactly what we wanted them to say... :laugh: )
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Agreed, grace. Men can be dumb about the stuff they say to women.
(sigh.... if only ALL the men in our lives would say exactly what we wanted them to say... :laugh: )
:giggle: Tho in THIS blunder, as in some of Beth's horrible blunders in a couple of the later eps, it's more like a committee of men who put the wrong words in their mouths... tho was there only the one woman writer or were there more of us too????

So not totally blaming Mick for this... :biggrin: (it's just hard to blame Mick for much of anything... )
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I'm not sure if there were other female writers, grace.

I like the fact that Mick makes blunders. One of my favourite moments is the harried and concerned look he gets when he realises he's mucked up with Beth in relation to being out with Morgan. :snicker: I just love the guilty look he gets in that scene. (A man never looks so guilty as when he's almost done what he's suspected of doing. :laugh: )
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:I'm not sure if there were other female writers, grace.

I like the fact that Mick makes blunders. One of my favourite moments is the harried and concerned look he gets when he realises he's mucked up with Beth in relation to being out with Morgan. :snicker: I just love the guilty look he gets in that scene. (A man never looks so guilty as when he's almost done what he's suspected of doing. :laugh: )
:rolling: I like that too...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Another latecomer to the party. I agree with Luxe. As far as the specific choice of words, I chalk it up to emotional shorthand. (But isn't it interesting to explore the various opinions?)
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

When you see this image it strikes me odd that his right arm isn't around her too...(just his left) She is just wrapping him up....(as I would) I love their wedding photos. Thanks for this thread...it is food for a burning soul.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Interesting observation, Lucy... I like it. And I agree... I'd do juuuuuuuust what she's doing. :biggrin:

His hand is doing that thing where he sticks his thumb out... Alex does that a lot... whether Mick or any other character. :happysigh:

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Lucy wrote: When you see this image it strikes me odd that his right arm isn't around her too...(just his left) She is just wrapping him up....(as I would) I love their wedding photos. Thanks for this thread...it is food for a burning soul.
I think it's just that for the sake of the photo, his arm would cover too much of the detail on her beautiful dress.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Slightly off topic, but the two female writers for Moonlight were Jill Blotevogel and Kira Snyder. Jill is expecting her first baby in a couple of months. I'm a "friend" on FaceBook with her. :snicker: And I always thought the two did a great job of making the male leads more "human"...for a couple of vampires. :giggle:

Also, Gabrielle G. Stanton was involved, but I'm not sure if she was just the showrunner, or if she actually wrote for the show too.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thank you Susan :heart: ... I had forgotten about the other two... I remembered only Jill. :shrug:

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:Slightly off topic, but the two female writers for Moonlight were Jill Blotevogel and Kira Snyder. Jill is expecting her first baby in a couple of months. I'm a "friend" on FaceBook with her. :snicker: And I always thought the two did a great job of making the male leads more "human"...for a couple of vampires. :giggle:

Also, Gabrielle G. Stanton was involved, but I'm not sure if she was just the showrunner, or if she actually wrote for the show too.

Susie,

Gabrielle was listed as co-writer for Dr. Feelgood, Fated to Pretend, and Fleur de Lis.

Please extend our congratulations to Jill!!! I'm so happy for her. :hyper2: :hyper2:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

wpgrace wrote:Interesting observation, Lucy... I like it. And I agree... I'd do juuuuuuuust what she's doing. :biggrin:

His hand is doing that thing where he sticks his thumb out... Alex does that a lot... whether Mick or any other character. :happysigh:

yeah, reading Alex I seem to see this alot...... (I love reading body language in crowds, etc)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

mwj01 wrote:
Lucy wrote: When you see this image it strikes me odd that his right arm isn't around her too...(just his left) She is just wrapping him up....(as I would) I love their wedding photos. Thanks for this thread...it is food for a burning soul.
I think it's just that for the sake of the photo, his arm would cover too much of the detail on her beautiful dress.
The photographer in me totally agrees with your theory, mwj. :teeth:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Another wedding pic I hadn't seen before (from AOLR):

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: WHAT is he looking at way up above???

It is kinda a shame they aired the flashbacks in muted color, cos the coloring in these promo shots is just so beautiful. And the two of them, with their similar coloring, always look so lovely together.

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”