Re: M & C appreciation thread 1

Post by mwj01 »

Loved these little exchanges...

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:Loved these little exchanges...

My FAVORITE MickCora in the whole series, mwj... they clearly had such a long-standing and comfortable connection with one another, regardless of whatever nasty had occurred between them. They really ARE still an old married couple... Mick may--and did, as of ep 16-- choose Beth at this point in his eternity, but he and Cora still have a connection.

My issue with Mick here is he bought her story so completely... I cannot believe, after all he said about her during the series, he so totally bought her 7 brothers story and her Reign of Terror story. Really Mick? Have you no caution when this woman spins a tall tale?

So in the next scene he acts all put-out that she lied about the 7 brothers... well that is hardly HER faux pas... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me... a little less gullibility would become him.

And I love Cora, she's a playful yet brazen chick who lived thru tough times for women however she could... but I don't believe that whole Terror story... maybe grains of truth in there but it's too ridiculous even for "moonlight math" to be believed... yet Mick looks at her in wide-eyed wonder and swallows the whole story. Jeez, some people cannot be helped!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Kelly wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:It used to amuse me, then it irritated me, then I got over it.

But then I have a foot firmly in both camps so...

Red
I was always the same way...loved MickBeth and MickCora. However, I think the foot in the MickBeth camp is starting to get tired :lol:
Kelly, come over to the dark side ... you know you want to! :lol:

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Phoenix wrote:
Kelly wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:It used to amuse me, then it irritated me, then I got over it.

But then I have a foot firmly in both camps so...

Red
I was always the same way...loved MickBeth and MickCora. However, I think the foot in the MickBeth camp is starting to get tired :lol:
Kelly, come over to the dark side ... you know you want to! :lol:

:lol: Oh yes...I definitely do :D
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Some of you sisters here have already seen these banners, but I thought I’d add them to the décor anyhow.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

One of my very favorite scenes in the whole show...the heat that radiated through Coraline's window...ooh! And did you notice that his breath fogged the window, but hers didn't? I love those touches.

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

That's one of my favorite scenes too! :P It was hot to see Mick out of control for a change and hoe desperate he was to get to her! *whew*

a few more...

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wow! You are generous today! And it is much appreciated.

I agree with you, I love the eps with Cora and Morgan and seeing Mick lose some of the perpetual cool, some of the control. It is interesting seeing Alex swing the character to those extremes. And it makes Mick a more interesting character that he is so easily capable of those extremes. Makes you realize the toll that the perpetual cool takes on him. Cause once Morgan shows up, even the vamp loses the calm exterior, at least around her... but even with Beth, as he paces around Buzzwire asking her to be SURE she investigated Morgan thoroughly... love that scene too. Tiger in a cage...

Thank you thank you mwj...

mwj01 wrote:That's one of my favorite scenes too! :P It was hot to see Mick out of control for a change and hoe desperate he was to get to her! *whew*

a few more...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I'm sure most of you have seen it when I posted it months ago. But I put in my office under Fan Art. My Doll Depiction of Mick & Coraline's wedding.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Re that scene (thanks alle and mwj!), I'm sure if I check in my dictionary under "passion", some of these pics will be in there somewhere. The way Mick looks at Coraline through the window - dear Lord....

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Re that scene (thanks alle and mwj!), I'm sure if I check in my dictionary under "passion", some of these pics will be in there somewhere. The way Mick looks at Coraline through the window - dear Lord....

Red

See? Wouldn't we all turn this man, given the chance?

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Absolutely! I've got a wealth of empathy and understanding for Miss Cora! :D

ETA: I just noticed...in the second to last pic I posted you can see his reflection in the glass and he has the same sexy look on his face that he did in The Shower Scene! *sigh*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:Absolutely! I've got a wealth of empathy and understanding for Miss Cora! :D

ETA: I just noticed...in the second to last pic I posted you can see his reflection in the glass and he has the same sexy look on his face that he did in The Shower Scene! *sigh*

Oh thanks for the head's up... ran off immediately to check that out... and yeah, sigh. Love that look.

I just can't bring myself to blame her... for that anyway.

Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

wpgrace wrote:
mwj01 wrote:Absolutely! I've got a wealth of empathy and understanding for Miss Cora! :D

Oh thanks for the head's up... ran off immediately to check that out... and yeah, sigh. Love that look.

I just can't bring myself to blame her... for that anyway.
*also runs to gawk* OH MY GOD!!! I WANT HIM!!!....er...okay, I think I'd better calm down now :lol:

But yeah, that's definitely one of the two best scenes of the show...that and the shower scene (the MickCora one...but I'm sure you all know that ;) )
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Kelly wrote:*also runs to gawk* OH MY GOD!!! I WANT HIM!!!....er...okay, I think I'd better calm down now :lol:
Kel, honey, you know you said that out loud, right? :lol:

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”