M & C appreciation thread 1

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: M & C appreciation thread 1

Post by wpgrace »

I enjoy your 2 cents, BC...

Their relationship is so complicated (MickCora) by the years and layers of baggage, but I agree he still feels intensity for her... love/passion/comfort/home, quite a mixture... he also clearly feels resentment and distrust, given past events. I remember Alex talking about Cora and I think he did play Mick as still leaving those doors open. The scripts certainly wrote her out, but Alex never did.

The scripts were determined to rush MickBeth... I am glad they didn't toy with the relationship over the course of years, but it did seem rushed, given that they killed off Josh and then she just got over it, after having a sh!t fit with Mick for a few days. Way too much emotional turmoil, way to easily cured. And then they recreated emotional turmoil with Beth's overreaction to the Monahans, cured by a simple memory... so I was sorry they did that.

But at some point, had the show had time and a decently thought out story arc, we would've had MickBeth together. And I'm good with that... just wish it would have been more natural. Also I really don't see him turning her. I see him loving her til she died... and then being alone again for a long grieving period, but also being stronger emotionally from then on. ANd potentially finding his way back to Coraline.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Enjoyed your 2 cents too Sister Hon! And now for a coupla piccies...

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:Enjoyed your 2 cents too Sister Hon! And now for a coupla piccies...

[i

Aggghhhh!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite shots from one of my favorite all time ML scenes.... Yay BC!!!!! Thank you!!!

Oh sigh... just gonna look at it a bit...

This actually calls to mind GA's picking up the pieces fic too...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

2 things: LOVE that pic. Who's BC?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

wpgrace wrote:I enjoy your 2 cents, BC...

Their relationship is so complicated (MickCora) by the years and layers of baggage, but I agree he still feels intensity for her... love/passion/comfort/home, quite a mixture... he also clearly feels resentment and distrust, given past events. I remember Alex talking about Cora and I think he did play Mick as still leaving those doors open. The scripts certainly wrote her out, but Alex never did.

The scripts were determined to rush MickBeth... I am glad they didn't toy with the relationship over the course of years, but it did seem rushed, given that they killed off Josh and then she just got over it, after having a sh!t fit with Mick for a few days. Way too much emotional turmoil, way to easily cured. And then they recreated emotional turmoil with Beth's overreaction to the Monahans, cured by a simple memory... so I was sorry they did that.

But at some point, had the show had time and a decently thought out story arc, we would've had MickBeth together. And I'm good with that... just wish it would have been more natural. Also I really don't see him turning her. I see him loving her til she died... and then being alone again for a long grieving period, but also being stronger emotionally from then on. ANd potentially finding his way back to Coraline.
I agree that Mick would never turn Beth, but I think he would probably walk into the sun and kill himself after she died. IMO. I didn't like it that he never showed any concern for Coraline after Lance kidnaps her. He was married to the woman for 30 years and didn't give a squat she was in trouble. That didn't jive with me.

VampFan5 :twisted:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh VF5, you will find a lot of people here to agree with you on that one.

She sacrifices her liberty, and maybe her life, and all our hero has to say was "It wasn't meant to be"? Do me a favour...

Sloppy, sloppy writing.

Red

VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh VF5, you will find a lot of people here to agree with you on that one.

She sacrifices her liberty, and maybe her life, and all our hero has to say was "It wasn't meant to be"? Do me a favour...

Sloppy, sloppy writing.

Red
Personally I like to think that he knew he couldn't rescue her in his human form and that if there had been a season two we would have seen him go to France to rescue her with Beth tagging along because she's jealous of the ex only to have her get in trouble like all trouble magnets do and then Mick has to make a decision to turn her or let her die naturally. He could even have some flash backs about Josh as he watches her slip away.

VampFan5
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Red, I've been dubbed "BC" aka "Banner Chick" by Sister Grace. :mrgreen:

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

And the clouds part, leaving understanding in their wake. Thanks, mwj!

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

VampFan5 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:I enjoy your 2 cents, BC...

I agree that Mick would never turn Beth, but I think he would probably walk into the sun and kill himself after she died. IMO. I didn't like it that he never showed any concern for Coraline after Lance kidnaps her. He was married to the woman for 30 years and didn't give a squat she was in trouble. That didn't jive with me.

VampFan5 :twisted:
Hey Sweetie!!! Welcome!!

I know it seems like he couldn't live without Beth... and maybe he WOULD walk into the sun... certainly when we lose a great love, we all feel like we want to die... and we're humans.

But who knows... a life lived with her, or some portion thereof... might help him learn how to live with himself...

There are actually a couple cool fanfics dealing with him dealing with a dead Beth... or a Beth from whom he at some point separates...

Missy 428 has a lovely one (not here but over at VLF, unless she's removed it... it happens) about he and Beth living a lovely mortal lifespan, she grows old and dies... he adjusts but goes thru a long celibate period and then, he meets a nice vamp girl.

Catmoon just posted one here the other day, called Just One More Day... Beth went out a bit more violently and Mick must learn to cope... can he do it? Who will help him?

Librarian (our Lucky) has one called Either/Or... Mick watches Beth die in a couple different circumstances... really lovely, tho sad.

And is MickLifeCrisis the one who wrote Better as a Memory? That one totally gets to me!

And of course TheGoodFight's Eternal Son... I bawl like baby with that one (which is verrrrry unusual for me...).

In all these, he outlives Beth... there are more, I'm just not calling them to mind right now... But all make the scenario believable.

Hugs, Grace

SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

mwj01 wrote:Red, I've been dubbed "BC" aka "Banner Chick" by Sister Grace. :mrgreen:
Ahhhh! Thanks for the explanation! I too was wondering who or what BC stood for.

Black Crystal?
Before Christ?
By Chance?
Bringing Chicken?

:D
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

SirenSong wrote:
mwj01 wrote:Red, I've been dubbed "BC" aka "Banner Chick" by Sister Grace. :mrgreen:
Ahhhh! Thanks for the explanation! I too was wondering who or what BC stood for.

Black Crystal?
Before Christ?
By Chance?
Bringing Chicken?

:D

Like you, SS, she always has cool, cooler, coolest banners and also like you, changes them as frequently as she changes her socks!

You two and your banners are an entertainment all unto yourselves... tho I have to say I have noticed that Red is changing her banners these days with head-spinning frequency...

And btw... we oughta have a banner Hall of Fame thread and the first one to go into it should be your Alex Tats banner... I go to bed dreaming of that sucker on occassion... pure beauty.

SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

Awww thanks Grace! You're very sweet! :D

I just go to bed dreaming of the body that those tats are attached to. :twisted:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

SirenSong wrote:Awww thanks Grace! You're very sweet! :D

I just go to bed dreaming of the body that those tats are attached to. :twisted:

Yes well that too... but you captured it sooooooooo well... virtually speaking of course. 8-)

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

The three of us just like to keep you on your toes with the ole banner switch-a-roo Sister! :lol:

Many a night, I've drifted off with thoughts of that beautiful body and the tats attached to it! :twisted:

Gracie, thanks for confirming the BC nickname...I was beginning to wonder if I'd misunderstood and was expected to bring chicken to the party tonight! :lol:

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”