9 Crimes

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: 9 Crimes

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote: I continue to be awed by your storytelling - both in terms of the written word and your beautiful combination of music, images and emotion.
I am sooo honored that you think of the videos in terms of storytelling as well.

Thank you so much, Red!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:You've done it again Amy....Spot on with your choice of music and scenes to perfectly pull out the emotions of Moonlight.

I'll never tier of your ability to create these gems and retell us this story we love so much. Thank you :hug:
Thanks so much for commenting here too, Kath!

It was really a joy to finally be able to create this one after putting it off for so long.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:I saw your post and couldn't resist watching from my phone. An awesome job once again, Shadow. :hearts:
I adore the stories you tell and the music choices are always spot on.
Thanks coco -- I have been wanting to use this song for an ML video since I first heard it . . . over two years ago now. I was amazed that all that time later I still remembered exactly the way I wanted to set the scenes!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:Oh, Shadow. This is just stunning. And I mean that in every sense of the word -- that it's not only visually beautiful, but also that it leaves one at a complete loss for words. There is so much to process here, so much emotion conveyed. You make it seem effortless, the way you pull the story and the music into one moving whole, even though I know the painstaking work that goes into getting just the right feel for any given "moment." You truly have a gift, and I so appreciate your sharing it with us. :hearts: :hug: :notworthy:
Thank you Lilly -- and that is such a stunning comment!

I'm so delighted that it can look effortless . . . especially to you, since you know exactly how much it isn't. ;)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

darkstarrising wrote:My god, Shadow, but you are gifted!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

That video was amazing! The overlay of images, the song, showing the conflict within Mick and Beth as they struggle to come to grips with their feelings for each other and for the others they have loved.....

Need to watch this again (and again) .....but in all honesty, this has captured the essence of Moonlight so very beautifully :rose:
Wow, dsr, thank you . . . the song was so conflicted, I really wanted to bring that conflict out in the video. Using the overlays this way was really an experiment for me, so it's great to know that that effect worked, too! :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

removed obsolete link
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

What a delight to find that you've done a new video. And what a stunner it is. Real life is messy, complicated and that was part of what I love about ML. Your video and song choice is a perfect fit. I'll have to watch this one many more times. Absolutely love it. You have such a gift. :notworthy:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:What a delight to find that you've done a new video. And what a stunner it is. Real life is messy, complicated and that was part of what I love about ML. Your video and song choice is a perfect fit. I'll have to watch this one many more times. Absolutely love it. You have such a gift.
Susie, it's so great that you've had the chance to watch this! I loved that about ML too; all those messy complications made it feel so very real. I'm really glad that you'll be wanting to watch this vid again . . . . thanks so much for coming by! :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Sigh... just watched it again, and it filled me again with yearning and sadness and love for the show. You make Moonlight live again, every time you make one of your amazing videos. :notworthy:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:hankie: :cloud9: Alle, you are most definitely motivating me to make more Moonlight videos . . .

Thank you so much. :rose:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I had totally forgotten about this one, Shadow, and I adore it. I stumbled across a downloaded copy I had on a flash drive, and was just :slaphead: how could I have forgotten such an awesome vid???

**rushes off to buy the song...**
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you, Lucky, for popping this back up. I said in an earlier comment that every time I watch this video, I interpret it differently. That is still true. It really speaks to me right now, maybe because my own life is difficult and complicated at the moment... I can really relate to these people and to their conflicted feelings.

Shadow, when I watch your videos, what amazes me is the depth of emotion they bring out in me. The song choice for this one is so perfect, so haunting... and you did such an amazing job of showing us the knotted strands that connect Coraline to Mick and Beth - Beth to Coraline, Mick, and Josh - Mick to Coraline, Beth, and Josh. You show us the way all those connections pulled at these characters, got in the way of their happiness time after time. This video brings out parallels between their interconnected and complicated stories, some of which I had never noticed.

I'm so grateful for your vision and artistry. You continue to bring new life and new light to the story of Moonlight.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:I had totally forgotten about this one, Shadow, and I adore it. I stumbled across a downloaded copy I had on a flash drive, and was just :slaphead: how could I have forgotten such an awesome vid???

**rushes off to buy the song...**
Lucky, I think that means I took way too long between making this video and making the next one. . . . :biggrin:
I'm glad you came across this one again!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Thank you, Lucky, for popping this back up. I said in an earlier comment that every time I watch this video, I interpret it differently. That is still true. It really speaks to me right now, maybe because my own life is difficult and complicated at the moment... I can really relate to these people and to their conflicted feelings.
Oh, Alle, how I loved your comment on this. I'm not sure I would want anyone to relate too much to this rather sad video . . . :confused2: but at the same time I have to find it wonderful that it's something that speaks to you and brings out so much emotion. And as Susie said there does seem to be a lot of real life reflected in all those complications in the story . . . .
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

There are so many emotions in this video. I love visiting your office.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”