Mad World

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Mad World

Post by Shadow »

moonlightlover60 wrote:Just downloaded the vid and watched it on my HD monitor, it looks so beautiful. This is becoming one of my very favorites, I think I'll be watching this one over and over many times. So beautiful and touching, you always use the perfect scenes to go with the lyrics to the songs. :twothumbs: It just amazes me at how talented you are at making these videos, :clapping: I can/could never figure out how to do them, I'm so grateful that there are people like you out there that make and share them with all of us. Thank you so much.
:yahoo: I'm glad it looks good in HD! I can't get such good quality on my equipment . . .. :snicker:
Thanks so much for the great compliments on the vids. I love making them now, but I had an awful time learning how, and almost gave up on it several times. (I was just glad there were still people watching ML vids by the time I finally worked it out. ;))
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, honey, we're SO glad you persevered.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh, honey, we're SO glad you persevered.

Red
:yes:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Shadow, I was watching another of your vids this morning, and came back to this one.

The word that springs to mind is "haunting." The song, the stunning visuals, the storytelling.

Your work always introduces me to new songs, and engraves them on my heart, with the scenes from Moonlight.

:hug: :hearts:

You bring wonder and joy into this fandom.

Lucky
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

This video is wonderful and I just left a comment on Youtube. It is great when new Moonlight videos come out to help keep the magic alive. The first time I did some research on this song was a few weeks ago because it was playing during the previews for the final episode of The Mentalist. I looked it up and saw it had actually been recorded in a very different version quite some time ago. Your placement of the images to go with the words is magnificent. Thank you.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:Shadow, I was watching another of your vids this morning, and came back to this one.

The word that springs to mind is "haunting." The song, the stunning visuals, the storytelling.

Your work always introduces me to new songs, and engraves them on my heart, with the scenes from Moonlight.

:hug: :hearts:

You bring wonder and joy into this fandom.

Lucky
Lucky, I somehow feel quite motivated to go on and make more videos . . . . :hearts: . . .

I'm so glad to know this one meant so much. Thank you!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Moonlightsonata wrote:This video is wonderful and I just left a comment on Youtube. It is great when new Moonlight videos come out to help keep the magic alive. The first time I did some research on this song was a few weeks ago because it was playing during the previews for the final episode of The Mentalist. I looked it up and saw it had actually been recorded in a very different version quite some time ago. Your placement of the images to go with the words is magnificent. Thank you.
Thanks so much for your comments, Moonlightsonata! There are actually three versions that I ran across when I was buying the song; the faster original version and one other slower version. (The one I first heard recently and fell in love with was this one by Gary Jules.) I really don't know how I managed to miss all of them for all these years!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

No-one else has mentioned it, so I feel compelled (I'm sorry... :blushing: ) but this version became such a huge hit after being used in Donnie Darko.

(The Tears for Fears original was iconic here in the UK, but I don't think it ever hit big overseas.)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh! :slaphead: I've seen Donnie Darko (years ago), but I never made the connection. This just feels so much like a Mick song... but now that you've reminded me, it's great for DD...

(...but it'll always be a Mick song for me now.) :heart:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, red, now I remember, I have been trying to recall how come I know the lyrics so well...It was Tears for fears, yeah, went pretty well in Greece too!!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Ah, now I know one of the reasons I missed out on this song! Haven't ever seen Donnie Darko.

I remember hearing lots of Tears for Fears songs here in the U.S., but not ever this one. Though that could just mean I wasn't paying attention. . . . ;)
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Wow, Shadow! :notworthy: What a beautiful video. :Mickangel:

I really enjoyed watching your telling of Mick's life. It was wonderful to see so many of the people that he has had relationships with over the years. This video shows Mick reflecting -- on the past, present, and future. :bmoon:

As usual, excellent song choice, and great selection of scenes.

Nicely done! :rose: Thank you! :hug:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I commented on this before but I just have to comment again now that this has been brought to the top. This is a magnificent video with perfect pictures to match the song. It really makes me think of brooding Mick who I still miss a lot. Thanks again.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

On watching this video again just now, I was especially struck by these lines:

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...

The scenes you chose during those lyrics are all memories of times when he was human, either before he was turned or during his short week on the Cure. And they're followed by these lines:

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take--
When people run in circles, it's a very very mad world.

...where you show Mick trying to talk to Beth about really difficult things (his relationships with Lilah and with Coraline), cutting to scenes of Mick's turning by Coraline, his receiving the Cure from her, and then his re-turning by Josef. All the things that make his relationship with Beth--and with all humans--so very difficult, dangerous, and complicated. And the ultimate example of the way Mick's whole life runs in circles. A mad world, indeed. :Mickangel:

How incredibly poignant those lines are, illustrated by the clips you chose. :hankie:

There's so much in this video to love, but those lines really spoke to me this evening. :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Marigold wrote:Wow, Shadow! :notworthy: What a beautiful video. :Mickangel:

I really enjoyed watching your telling of Mick's life. It was wonderful to see so many of the people that he has had relationships with over the years. This video shows Mick reflecting -- on the past, present, and future. :bmoon:

As usual, excellent song choice, and great selection of scenes.

Nicely done! :rose: Thank you! :hug:
hi Marigold, thanks so much for your comment on this video, and also for bringing it back into the light! Really glad you liked the song choice; the first verses especially were so evocative of the past. And Mick has so much past to draw on, not to mention present and future. So glad you've been enjoying the vids.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”