Red :rose:
:thud: Red with no words?
Wow . . .
:curtsey:
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Mad World

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Shadow, you just... blow me away. :notworthy: Perfect song, heartbreakingly beautiful edits. Masterful use of effects like slow motion, color enhancement, and that "painting" dissolve. I could say more about the technical stuff, but the thing about your videos is that the "stuff" is just a vehicle for you to tell your stories. And this story is full of sweetness and sadness, memories and regrets. And a little bit of hope.

Your vids usually bring me to tears, and this one did it too. I felt such an ache in my heart as I watched it... not just for Mick, but for the people he has watched change, and age, and die while he remained essentially ageless. I cry for their loss of Mick just as much as I cry for his loss of them. And I cry for his yearning to be just like them. :Mickangel: Such deep emotion you evoke, dear beautiful Shadow. :hankie: :heart:

ETA: Just watched it again, and I wanted to mention how beautifully you caught the cycles of Mick's life. Cycles of love and loss, cycles of life and death, temporary mortality and undeath. The recurring themes of sacrifice and rescue. There are so many things to love in this video.
Wow, Alle . . . what an amazing comment. :cloud9: I love that you see the stories in the videos; that's always been my goal in making them. And this song really made it easy to get the emotions across . . . there's so much feeling in the song itself, and the lyrics seem so evocative of the particular trials of Mick's life. I'm awfully glad that came across! Thanks so very much, Alle.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

coco wrote:Shadow, I cannot say enough good things about this video. It has instantly become a favourite. There are few vids I watch that really grab me emotionally but this one did (I'm sure it's all of your vids I have that reaction with). ;) This vid actually brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing. :notworthy:

I have such a connection to this song. I remember this Gary Jules single being released and when it went to No 1 in the UK. I bouoght the CD and play it frequently. The words have always spoken to me and I just adore it and the melancholy of the song is just perfect. You have matched the scenes beautifully and it flows so amazingly well from one scene to the next. Your edit skills are, as always, expert. :twothumbs:
That's so wonderful to hear, coco! And I am so mystified that I had somehow never heard this song before until recently . . . I think I must be the only person in the world who missed it . . . ;) But at least I finally found it. It took me a very long time to figure out how to match up the scenes to the lyrics to I'm thrilled to know that you found them a good match! :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:Wow Amy you've done it to me again...I'm speechless. I'm sitting here with goosebumps. You are so masterful with your editing and effects that you capture the Moonlight Magic with every video you produce. :notworthy:
Telling a story is what sets your videos apart from the others who just slap a few pics to a piece of music and call it done.
You actually take the time to put a story together with images we've seen over and over again, but somehow you always manage to make them feel completely new again. Thank You :smooch: :hearts:
:heart: Thanks so much, Kath, for leaving a comment here too! And what a fantastic comment. It does take a lot of time to put the videos together (as you know! :snicker: ) and I'm really glad that you appreciate the results. And how great that these images can look new to you in the videos -- what a wonderful compliment. :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

moonlightlover60 wrote:I watched this the first time from over at MF and have since watched it twice more, each time loving it all the more. Shadow you just amaze me with the excellent work you do on these videos. Like I said what a perfect song for Mick and watching him in the scenes and listening to the words of the song just grabs at you heart strings. :hankie: I can't wait for the download link so I can save this one too with all the other awesome vids you have done. Thanks again.
Thanks, mll60! How fantastic to know that you've watched this one so many times . . . and I'm glad that this vid could get to you emotionally, and that you like the song so well for Mick. I'm checking the donwload link now and if all goes well, I'll have it up shortly. Thank you so much for the lovely comments!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

LadyAilith wrote:So beautifully, magically done. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talents! And I'm really looking forward to the download link!!
Thanks so much, LadyAilith . . . I'm so pleased that you liked this one! The download link should (hopefully) be up very shortly.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lucy wrote:I am in awe of your talent.......
the song was heartbreaking and the images where so fitting.
Thank you for sharing.
I just loved this song for Mick .. . I'm very glad you thought the images fit with the mood and the lyrics.
Thanks so much, Lucy.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

*removed obsolete link*
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Hey Shadow,

A very thoughtful piece - it really put me in a contemplative kind of mood. Again, you have great skill with editing to achieve a maximum affect. I just wish you had more material to work with. :Mickangel:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Shadow wrote:The download link is finally up:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U7YIX5O4
:woohoo: :hyper2:
*runs off to download*
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

*shoves coco out of the way to get to the download link first*

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, yay! I'm going to download it. Thank you so much! :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

r1015bill wrote:Hey Shadow,

A very thoughtful piece - it really put me in a contemplative kind of mood. Again, you have great skill with editing to achieve a maximum affect. I just wish you had more material to work with. :Mickangel:
So true . . . If only there were more scenes to choose from . . . . :sigh:

Thanks so much for coming by to watch this one, Rhonda . . . it was great to get your comment! :flowers:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Good to see that the download link is so popular! :snicker:
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Just downloaded the vid and watched it on my HD monitor, it looks so beautiful. This is becoming one of my very favorites, I think I'll be watching this one over and over many times. So beautiful and touching, you always use the perfect scenes to go with the lyrics to the songs. :twothumbs: It just amazes me at how talented you are at making these videos, :clapping: I can/could never figure out how to do them, I'm so grateful that there are people like you out there that make and share them with all of us. Thank you so much. :thanks2:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”