Newborn

Shadow
Courtesan

Newborn

Post by Shadow »

This is something a little different, a Moonlight video for the story "Newborn" by Lilith. I've become completely addicted to this story, and to its sequel "Blood of the Lily," and I simply couldn't resist giving this a try . . . with much the same degree of obsessiveness that I had when first learning to make vids for Moonlight. I hope that fans of the story will enjoy this video, and I also hope that people who don't know the story will give the video a try! (Although -- WARNING, SPOILER ALERT -- if you're planning to read the story and don't want to run across any spoilers, don't watch this yet.) But if you'd like to know more about the story before trying it, the video might make a good preview.

Newborn on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kmf2Idxtk

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/18005856

download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OFKZDY9D

and, here is a link to the story "Newborn" in English, in Lilith's office:
http://moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=748

Since the story was originally written in German, I've also made a version of the video in German, with much help from Nina with the translations.

Neugeboren on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdes0nXn7w

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/18007102

download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCQK41YE
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleo28
Fledgling

Re: Newborn -- a video for Lilith's Moonlight story

Post by Cleo28 »

Shadow, it´s so great. It´s just amazing. I love it. I wish there would be a movie.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hug: :clapping: :clapping: :twothumbs: :notworthy:
sg6169
Fledgling

Post by sg6169 »

Shadow this was fantastic. I know this must have taken a lot of time to put together and we really appreciate all your hard work. I can't get over the fact that you actually used pieces of video you found of Lilith's other OC characters too. It's like watching a trailer for the movie. God I wish somehow someone with the right pull could see this and read Lilith's story and make a movie out of this fantastic story.
Thank you again Shadow for sharing this. :notworthy: :yahoo: :clapping:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Cleo28 wrote:Shadow, it´s so great. It´s just amazing. I love it. I wish there would be a movie.
Thanks for leaving a comment here too, Cleo! I'm so glad you have liked this one; I have enjoyed your vids so much. *Sigh* . . . I've been longing to see a movie of the story pretty much ever since I started reading Newborn, and I think I want one even more for Blood of the Lily!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

sg6169 wrote:Shadow this was fantastic. I know this must have taken a lot of time to put together and we really appreciate all your hard work. I can't get over the fact that you actually used pieces of video you found of Lilith's other OC characters too. It's like watching a trailer for the movie. God I wish somehow someone with the right pull could see this and read Lilith's story and make a movie out of this fantastic story.
Thank you again Shadow for sharing this.
sg6169, thank you so much . . . this did take me at least three times longer than any other video I've ever made and there were a lot of things I had to learn to do in order to make the video work -- but it was indeed a labor of love! Some of the oddest things turned out to be difficult -- like trying to figure out what font was used for the List, so that I could copy it, or getting the lighting right to photograph the props. I'm so glad you liked the extra clips of the OC's; I was determined to get at least Frank, Gabriel, and Gallagher into the vid! What you said about a movie . . . especially as I've been reading lately, I've been wishing much the same thing. It would be such a dream to see this story filmed.
Cleo28
Fledgling

Post by Cleo28 »

Shadow wrote:
Cleo28 wrote:Shadow, it´s so great. It´s just amazing. I love it. I wish there would be a movie.
Thanks for leaving a comment here too, Cleo! I'm so glad you have liked this one; I have enjoyed your vids so much. *Sigh* . . . I've been longing to see a movie of the story pretty much ever since I started reading Newborn, and I think I want one even more for Blood of the Lily!

You´re welcome. Now I also watched the English version. Thanks that you enjoyed my vids. They are just okay... I was thinking of making a new one for my "Summary vids of Blood of the Lily" but it gets harder and harder to find the right scenes and to have the time making it. Now I´m also writing a fanfic, translating, real life .... I´m so over the moon with your vid. I have to watch it again and again. :flowers:

Oh yes, I know what you mean. It would be so great to have Newborn and Blood of the Lily as a movie. I´m sure that would be a blockbuster!
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Wow. Just watched the English version. WOW. I'm not even sure what to say. I am gobsmacked. Blown away. Again. ( I did watch the German version 3 times :yes: )

Cannot believe how well you told this story with what you had to work with. Brilliant choice of ML clips. Brilliant choice of clips to include the OCs. Brilliant choice of music. Brilliant use of Lilth's artwork. Well, just simply a brilliant video.

Cannot imagine how much time you put in on this project. My mind boggles. You are one very, very creative individual. I don't know what you do for a living, but I surely hope you are able to use that creativity in it. Because you've got TALENT!! (Yes, I'm shouting! :snicker: )

Love this video. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

I particularly liked the custom scenes with the 230208 highlighted. And I really liked the effect where you made the video images look like they were drawings. That really fit in well with Lilith's drawings!

I just saw "You don't know Jack" with Al Pacino a few weeks ago so I recognized where those came from very quickly.

Great job! I agree - both Lilith's books would make great movies. However, we wouldn't have had a chance to do all the speculating which is a great deal of the fun!

Once again - lovely job!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:notworthy: OMG Amy you are freaking amazing! I have not read this story and now I SO Have TOO! If the story is even a 10th of what you have just put together I know I'm gonna love it too. Lilith just got the best trailer for her story ever!!!
Don't worry about spoilers for me I'm a spoiler woe anyway and it just makes me want more.

Thanks for the link to the story Amy I can't wait to start reading it.

And girlfriend you really need to think of doing this sort of a thing as a career choice someday...you are so Bloody Good At It!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oh, WOW

That was fabulous! I read Newborn and loved it, of course. This video is such an amazing piece of production! By taking bits and pieces from Moonlight, some other clips and the lovely original sketches, you have given us a video that perfectly goes with the story.

The music is also a fabulous choice. Perfect, perfect fit!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Post by lynnrxgal »

Love the story, love the video - 5 stars! And I would love to see Newborn and Blood of the Lily as a movie!
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Absolutely - Over the Moon for this video! :yahoo: Fantastic! :clapping:

I can't imagine the amount of time and effort that went into making the video of Lilith's Newborn! Let me just say a huge THANK YOU for every single second! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'll add my agreement, :reading: ... Newborn and Blood of the Lily would make a blockbuster movie! :hyper:

:rose: :heart: :heart: :heart: :rose:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow - Shadow that was absolutely awesome. It fit Newborn perfectly. The way you added Frank, Gabriel etc into the clip was amazing. Newborn was the best ML story I have ever read and I agree it would make such an amazing movie.

Surely somewhere on this board someon must be related to Bill Gates, Warren Buffett?? :giggle:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Cleo28 wrote:I was thinking of making a new one for my "Summary vids of Blood of the Lily" but it gets harder and harder to find the right scenes and to have the time making it. Now I´m also writing a fanfic, translating, real life ....
I hope you do make a new one for Blood of the Lily! In fact I think I can now watch all of your summary ones so far, can't I? Being as I'm on chapter 47 now . . .
And now I sure do know what you mean about it getting harder and harder to find the scenes. (Not to mention finding the time.) I was having a real hard time towards the end of this video finding any scenes left that would work for the story.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:Wow. Just watched the English version. WOW. I'm not even sure what to say. I am gobsmacked. Blown away. Again. ( I did watch the German version 3 times :yes: )

Cannot believe how well you told this story with what you had to work with. Brilliant choice of ML clips. Brilliant choice of clips to include the OCs. Brilliant choice of music. Brilliant use of Lilth's artwork. Well, just simply a brilliant video.

Cannot imagine how much time you put in on this project. My mind boggles. You are one very, very creative individual. I don't know what you do for a living, but I surely hope you are able to use that creativity in it. Because you've got TALENT!! (Yes, I'm shouting! :snicker: )

Love this video.
:woohoo: Love this comment, susieb! And wow, love that you watched the German version three times and then came back for more! :biggrin:

:snicker: I've decided to never try to figure out just how much time I spent working on this -- it could be kind of scary . . . .

And *sigh* my main job really has no outlet for creativity at all. But perhaps that's good; as then there is some left over for projects like this.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”