Thoughts and Promises - a video for the original pilot

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Thoughts and Promises

Post by Shadow »

fairytoes wrote: :heart: :hearts: That's so beautiful Shadow! Thank you! :flowers:
Thanks fairytoes! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Thoughts and Promises - a video for the original pilot

Post by Shadow »

*removed obsolete link*
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

A beautiful video, Shadow :hug: You captured the essence of Mick's struggle with letting Beth into his life. Perhaps you should have been the editor for the original pilot. :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

darkstarrising wrote:A beautiful video, Shadow :hug: You captured the essence of Mick's struggle with letting Beth into his life. Perhaps you should have been the editor for the original pilot. :rose:
:smooch: Now that's a wonderful comment!!
There was a lot to love in that pilot episode ....
(and I just left out the parts I didn't like so much.) :giggle:
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

Congratulations! When I watched the original pilot I kept getting totally distracted by all the "wrong" people :snicker: But with your video I was totally drawn in and the "wrong" people didn't bother me a bit. :shrug: Loved it! A perfect song. Great selection of clips. Love your use of Mick and his lighter. :happysigh: Especially the way you begin and end the video. Just wonderful! :heart:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

I watched this again and what an artist you are!

I read Trevor Munson's Angel of Vengence a number of days ago and the original pilot had much more of that vision in it than the Moonlight of our 16 episodes. Your song choice is perfect and the entire video is just wonderful!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:Congratulations! When I watched the original pilot I kept getting totally distracted by all the "wrong" people :snicker: But with your video I was totally drawn in and the "wrong" people didn't bother me a bit. :shrug: Loved it! A perfect song. Great selection of clips. Love your use of Mick and his lighter. :happysigh: Especially the way you begin and end the video. Just wonderful! :heart:
That's awesome, Susie! Glad I could pull you in past the "wrongness." It probably helped that I could pick and choose what parts I put into it . . . and what parts I left out!

*Sigh* . . . I did love the scenes with Mick and his lighter . . . one of the things I thought the original pilot actually did better . . . and I was happy to find a song where that part would really fit.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Shadow

I watched this again and what an artist you are!

I read Trevor Munson's Angel of Vengence a number of days ago and the original pilot had much more of that vision in it than the Moonlight of our 16 episodes. Your song choice is perfect and the entire video is just wonderful!

Thank you!

Jenna
Thanks so much for watching this one again, Jenna! Hm, I haven't read Trevor's book yet . . . it's still in transit . . . but it would sure make sense that the longer the show went on, the more it would diverge from the original. It'll be interesting watching the original pilot and all the episodes again after reading it. :chin:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Back to visit this wonderful, moody video. I love vid so much--you distilled the quintessential Mick out of the pilot presentation for us to enjoy. :rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Back to visit this wonderful, moody video. I love vid so much--you distilled the quintessential Mick out of the pilot presentation for us to enjoy. :rose:
It was sooo wonderful having all those new scenes of Mick to work with! Who knows, I might have to make another vid using the pilot someday. . .
Thanks for re-watching this one, Alle.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I was not a fan of the pilot. The actresses for Beth and Coraline just felt very wrong to me but you did a wonderful job capturing Mick in this video. Great job.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Carol thank you so much for bumping this back up. I can't believe I never commented on it.

As usual Amy you have done a beautiful job finding the perfect song and creating magic with your editing. :clapping:

I too was not a big fan of the original cast, but Alex so out shined them all I find myself re-watching the Pilot just as often as the series just to watch his performance.
I see this Pilot as the BIRTH place of our Mick. The Mick we never would have gotten had CBS not kept Alex allowing him to bring our Mick to us and said Yes to Trevor and Ron to make it work....

...and giving Amy some new/old material to make my heart swell with my love for Baby Mick St John. :heart:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so good!!!

Personally, I love the Moonlight we got our sixteen episodes of best but there are a few pieces in that original pilot that I just adore! I love gutsy Baby Beth, and while I understand some folks opinion that a four year old child would not be able to process what was happening and take action as she did here, I would think that this child is expectionally bright and saw events happening around here as one views a TV show. She was playing her part. Don't think she ever truly realized the import of what occurred until later. The other Beth is interesting. I like her take on the character and am sorry that I have never seen her in anything else. Also, Mick the trumpet player is just... :melts: ...all of which is what it is and I said all that rather than say something that we all know, that you are fabulously talented and make amazing videos.

Every. Single. One.

Thank you for sharing your considerable talent with us.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

cassysj wrote:I was not a fan of the pilot. The actresses for Beth and Coraline just felt very wrong to me but you did a wonderful job capturing Mick in this video. Great job.
:woohoo: Thanks Carol for bumping this up! It's so great that you liked it even without being a fan of the pilot.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:Carol thank you so much for bumping this back up. I can't believe I never commented on it.
:snicker: I am sure you commented on it somewhere, Kath!
Yeah, the pilot was such a dream for getting new Mick scenes . . . when I saw it I really couldn't wait to make a video for it! :hearts:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”