Love Comes Back to You

Shadow
Courtesan

Love Comes Back to You

Post by Shadow »

A video request for Red, with a lovely song by Simon Lynge.

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFZXaZZJFg

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/14572181
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Love Comes Back to You

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh my God, I'm :hyper2: and :cloud9: and :hankie: and :melts: and :happysigh: all at the same time . This is so perfect. PERFECT. I'm grinning and crying at the same time.

As I said to you when I asked you to make a video for this song, as soon as I heard it I thought of Moonlight and Mick and all the beautiful, loving moments in the show. I've seen them so many times, but I swear, in your hands they are even more beautiful. How do you do that?

The opening flashbacks with Ray and Lilah are so poignant; the moments with Coraline filled with passion that is, eventually, repayed with love - and then the section with Mick and Beth just matches the music so beautifully. :happysigh:

But it's more than that. Mick lives his life with love and for love and it was the sequence of all the other characters - Bobby, Leni, Bonnie - that really got me. I could not have imagined a more wonderful way of showing this beautiful character in all his shades of glory.

I'm beyond touched and so very, very grateful for this, my friend. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wow. :gasp:
Red is gonna LOVE this!!! Standing O to you, Shadow!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You have become SUCH an incredible video artist... I am just stunned at how good this is. The song is perfect... just perfect... even has "what is left behind" in the lyrics... but what you've done with it, your expertise in choosing images and integrating them into a whole to tell a story BEHIND the story we saw in the show, just creates layers and layers of emotion for the viewer, and layers of understanding that I didn't really think about before. :phew: What a lovely experience viewing this is...

And the perspective of this video, well, it kinda reminded me of what everybody is saying about Alex right now. Either third time's the charm for Mick... or three strikes and you're out, huh? I'm pulling for both of our boys. :twothumbs:

ETA: :giggle: Red DID love this... and beat me to the post... :wave:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:ETA: :giggle: Red DID love this... and beat me to the post... :wave:
What gave me away?

Still :melts: :melts: :melts:

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:ETA: :giggle: Red DID love this... and beat me to the post... :wave:
What gave me away?

Still :melts: :melts: :melts:

Red
:rolling: Oh I dunno, you used... a couple :biggrin: ... more smilies than usual. Happy smilies. Verrrrrry happy smilies. :snicker:
And all deserved... this is quite an enjoyable vid to watch... everybody should catch this one... :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh my God, I'm :hyper2: and :cloud9: and :hankie: and :melts: and :happysigh: all at the same time . This is so perfect. PERFECT. I'm grinning and crying at the same time.

As I said to you when I asked you to make a video for this song, as soon as I heard it I thought of Moonlight and Mick and all the beautiful, loving moments in the show. I've seen them so many times, but I swear, in your hands they are even more beautiful. How do you do that?

The opening flashbacks with Ray and Lilah are so poignant; the moments with Coraline filled with passion that is, eventually, repayed with love - and then the section with Mick and Beth just matches the music so beautifully. :happysigh:

But it's more than that. Mick lives his life with love and for love and it was the sequence of all the other characters - Bobby, Leni, Bonnie - that really got me. I could not have imagined a more wonderful way of showing this beautiful character in all his shades of glory.

I'm beyond touched and so very, very grateful for this, my friend. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

Red :heart:

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
I was sure hoping you would like this!

I loved this song request and and it helped so much to have your thoughts on what you saw in it. Without that I think I would have made more of a Mick/Beth video with just a prelude with Lilah and Coraline, and I did get stuck for quite a while in the middle while trying to figure out how to come closer what you'd written instead. And when it finally came together, I liked it SO much better this way! Interestingly the part with Bobby, Leni and Bonnie turned out to be my favorite bit, so I especially love how that part got to you. There was something special about showing much love Mick had to give in all of his relationships, whether they were romantic or not.

Thanks sooo much, Red.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:Wow. :gasp:
Red is gonna LOVE this!!! Standing O to you, Shadow!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You have become SUCH an incredible video artist... I am just stunned at how good this is. The song is perfect... just perfect... even has "what is left behind" in the lyrics... but what you've done with it, your expertise in choosing images and integrating them into a whole to tell a story BEHIND the story we saw in the show, just creates layers and layers of emotion for the viewer, and layers of understanding that I didn't really think about before. :phew: What a lovely experience viewing this is...

And the perspective of this video, well, it kinda reminded me of what everybody is saying about Alex right now. Either third time's the charm for Mick... or three strikes and you're out, huh? I'm pulling for both of our boys. :twothumbs:

ETA: :giggle: Red DID love this... and beat me to the post... :wave:
:snicker: I wasn't QUITE sure if Red liked it or not ... it can be so hard to tell...

Wow. :melts: Thanks, Grace!! Red did pick the perfect song, and the notes she gave me for what she had in mind really set the groundwork for the story. (And how great it is that the story comes across on the screen!) :cloud9: I'll be here for a while with this comment ....

:biggrin: I never thought of this as related to Alex's career! Things do seem to come along in threes .... ;) I'm expecting both of the boys to do just fine.

:thanks:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Shadow wrote:I was sure hoping you would like this!

I loved this song request and and it helped so much to have your thoughts on what you saw in it. Without that I think I would have made more of a Mick/Beth video with just a prelude with Lilah and Coraline, and I did get stuck for quite a while in the middle while trying to figure out how to come closer what you'd written instead. And when it finally came together, I liked it SO much better this way! Interestingly the part with Bobby, Leni and Bonnie turned out to be my favorite bit, so I especially love how that part got to you. There was something special about showing much love Mick had to give in all of his relationships, whether they were romantic or not.

Thanks sooo much, Red.
Oh you hit it outta the park, sweetie. Totally.

BTW, I'd recommend anyone to watch this using the Vimeo link - I've been having trouble getting the YouTube version to play.

Red

moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Shadow what can I say that I haven't already said about your talent for making these videos. Ok I'll say it again AMAZING :yahoo: :hyper2: :clapping: this was just beautiful, all of the people that Mick loved in his long life and they all loved him back even Coraline. That was such a wonderful song I've never heard it before but I sure did like it. This is one I will definitely download so I can watch over and over. Thanks for always sharing these awesome vids with all of us, and thanks to Red for coming up with the idea for the vid. :thanks2:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

mll60, I'm so happy you liked the song. It's from Simon Lynge's first album The Future, which has just been released in the UK (not sure about the US). The whole album is delightful and well worth a listen.

Red

SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

I love the song, never heard of this artist but the build up to the crescendo and then dropping to the fade out SO works for me and this video...

Amy, sweetheart what can I say A-mazing, you are truly an inspiration to me. Your videos are truly wonderful. Thank you for all the support you give me with your limited time which includes making these spectacular creations.

I love the thought of all the loves Mick has had and lost in some cases over the years and they have been brought together here in such a special way.

:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Such an amazing vid, Shadow. :clapping: :clapping:

Your partnership with Red on this one is outstanding. It's such a beautiful exploration of Mick & his interaction with each and every character. I absolutely adored the MickBeth section at the end. You always have a great touch when it comes to these two (any ML character in fact) but this one was perfect. Makes me remember all over again why I'm such a fan of these two and Mick in particular. :happysigh: :happysigh:

Red, the song choice is brilliant. It's a new song to me. :ysmile:

I look forward to the download link. :twothumbs:

:hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a perfect video! :heart: Starting with a perfect song-- I love it, and will definitely check out Simon's whole album. And then the wonderful theme of love given and returned... it's absolutely Mick, isn't it? Shadow, your videos are always lovely. They always make me think, and give me new ways of looking at familiar scenes, and this one's no exception. Your love for the show and for its characters pours out in your videos. But more than love, it's a deep understanding of the relationships between all the characters that I get from you--both in your videos and in your stories. Your videos are technically brilliant, but that technical perfection would be nothing without your insight and love. You two (Shadow and Red) make a good team. :teeth:

Thanks to Red for asking for this wonderful video, and to Shadow for bringing it to such beautiful life.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Shadow, I am always delighted to see a new vid from you. This one gave me goosebumps...in a good way!

Such a lovely vid, and such a great song. You and Red, you done good!

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:blushing:

All I did was come up with the song and a couple of random ideas - the magic is ALL Shadow's.

Red

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”