Nostalgia

Shadow
Courtesan

Nostalgia

Post by Shadow »

This is a video for Mick's memories ... from long ago, and from his recent past with Beth.

(I used some less-common still photos in the video - the harder-to-find ones are posted at the top of page 2.)

on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/11071575

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElgW9gFoIRw
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Nostalgia

Post by wpgrace »

Oh honey. That was haunting and beautiful and soooo incredibly Mick, who is haunting and beautiful.
The way you focussed on the faces, mostly his face, is just beyond evocative.
I love all the b/w "photographs" of his life, his memories. Just lovely. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Very excited to see this - although I have to wait until I get home to watch. I'm wondering if it's Nostalgia by Emily Barker? I hope so as I adore that song. If not, I'm sure it'll be delightful anyway. :snicker:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

wpgrace wrote:Oh honey. That was haunting and beautiful and soooo incredibly Mick, who is haunting and beautiful.
The way you focussed on the faces, mostly his face, is just beyond evocative.
I love all the b/w "photographs" of his life, his memories. Just lovely. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
:heart: Thank you, Grace ... I've been wanting to use this song for a video for ages, plus I have this thing about putting still photos into vids ....
and old photos really seemed to fit with this song. The song really is haunting, I think ... :Mickangel:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

redwinter101 wrote:Very excited to see this - although I have to wait until I get home to watch. I'm wondering if it's Nostalgia by Emily Barker? I hope so as I adore that song. If not, I'm sure it'll be delightful anyway. :snicker:

Red
Oh yes, it's Emily Barker. :hearts: I hope you'll like the way this video turned out! The sound quality isn't very good on either Vimeo or Youtube (Vimeo's better, I think) but I've actually got the download link ready to go.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Gorgeous, Shadow. Really beautiful.

I love this song and the clips and photos fit so well. (I'd heartily recommend the whole album - "Despite the Snow".)

Red :heart:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Absolutely haunting, Moon. I always learn about new performers when watching your vids. Simply beautiful. Some of the stills I don't think I recognize from the show. Are all of these screencaps from the show?
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks Red! And I'll second the recommendation for the "Despite the Snow" album, too. I think the other songs are a bit hard to find anywhere else besides the album, not being nearly as well known as "Nostalgia."

Hi woll, I'm glad you enjoyed this one; it has quite a different mood from yours! :snicker:
Most of the still shots are screencaps, but quite a few of them aren't. I used some of the less common publicity photos (many of which are on moonlightdetective) and a couple of shots of Mick from the first pilot, plus some behind the scenes photos that I think are kind of rare. It seemed to give a little more depth to Mick's past to have some pictures in the mix that weren't quite so familiar. (Plus, I have a thing about photos and it was just plain fun putting them in!)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, your videos always bring tears to my eyes, and this one even more than usual. What a perfect use of this song. You found some photos that I've never seen before.... particularly ones of Mick and Coraline.... and I absolutely love the way you cut them into this video. Mick has so many memories, and they haunt him as he moves through the world... :Mickangel:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

There were a lot of stills I hadn't seen before. You did an amazing job with Mick's memories.

Wonderful.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:hug: thank you Allegrita, this song really got to me as well. I got very, very Moonlight nostalgic while making the video! Something about the accordion part especially - it's just really emotional and makes me think of the past. (Who knew an accordion could do that?) I guess that is why all the black & white stills ended up in those parts.....

Thanks so much, cassysj, I'm so glad it worked for you ....
Ever since I discovered this song I thought it would be just perfect for a video about Mick's memories. :Mickangel:

I'll put up some of the harder to find photos here when I get a minute; they look a bit different in color and without the close-ups.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Here are a couple of the photos ...

-
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

You've captured the beauty that is Mick so perfectly. Love the use of still images and the song choice is beautiful. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

beautiful... just beautiful :notworthy:

Thaknk you, Shadow
:rose:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:heart: Thank you so much, coco and Albra. I adored getting a chance to use those still shots and photos; something about the song just seemed to make that work.

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”