Time Lapse Lifeline

Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Time Lapse Lifeline

Post by Shadow »

Sorry the downloads are giving so much trouble, Red ... I've really just guessed on what format to use for them, it's all kind of a mystery to me.....
I can always render them some other way if that might help, but it sounds like Alle already fixed things! (But yell out if you still have problems and I'll try something different.)

Allegrita, thanks so much for suggesting the VLC. I'd never even heard of it, but it sounds like something I want! I'm going to check out your download link as soon as I get a free minute.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

HotMicks wrote:Now I miss Moonlight all over again! Wonderful talent you have, Shadow. I don't watch a lot of vids, but the title of this one caught my eye. That song really does work, especially the way you've cut the scenes with it. Thanks so much, really went on an emotional ride watching this.

:clapping: :rose: :hug:
It was the title of the song that caught my eye, too.... ;)
I'm so glad you gave this vid a try!
:thanks:
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This is an absolutely stunning, "take no prisoners" video that sums up Moonlight in all it's glory, beauty and sadness. I'm still in a state of shock!! Tears are welling in my eyes and will burst out at any moment now. Perfectly in time with the song. You should get an award for this exquisite video!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :mdrama: :hankie: :happysigh: :happysigh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :rainbow: :rainbow: :thud: :heart: :rose: :flowers: :thanks:

mitzie :mooncat:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

mitzie wrote:This is an absolutely stunning, "take no prisoners" video that sums up Moonlight in all it's glory, beauty and sadness. I'm still in a state of shock!! Tears are welling in my eyes and will burst out at any moment now. Perfectly in time with the song. You should get an award for this exquisite video!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :mdrama: :hankie: :happysigh: :happysigh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :rainbow: :rainbow: :thud: :heart: :rose: :flowers: :thanks:

mitzie :mooncat:

There's nothing like finding the right song .... ;)
it's the only I've found where the lyrics really seemed to match the whole Moonlight story.
What an amazing comment, Mitzie ... :cloud9: I'll be here on cloud nine for a while yet!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Next week in the class I teach on fan studies and vampires, we're going to discuss fanvids. Last year I showed them this one...but I'm torn between this and some of your others, Shadow.

Decisions, decisions.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, I didn't tell you this at the time, but soon after you released this video, a very meaningful Moonlight collaboration ended for me, in a hard and shocking way. Even now, a year later, I'm still sad about losing it. And your video absolutely captured the experience -- the good, the bad, the hopeful beginning, the devastating ending.

This video would be one of my favorites of all time anyway... but because of the way it meshed perfectly with my feelings at the ending of that very important collaboration, and the way it allowed me to express my feelings of loss and sadness... it is hugely important to me.

A year later, I can finally tell you this... and thank you for what you unwittingly did to help me through a very dark phase of my life. Thank you. Lots.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Amy darlin' this is one of my favorites. You know I'm a big supporter of your videos and sense I've only recently joined this fan site I wish to express my gratitude here as well. You have your finger squarely on the pulse of what made Moonlight so special. Every Time you post a video I find myself welling up with tears as I feel Moonlight pulsing through my veins as my heart swells with your new presentation. :heart:
You have a unique talent for making us feel deeply how much you love and still care about Moonlight and I can't thank you enough for sharing your gifts with us. :smooch: :hug:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:Next week in the class I teach on fan studies and vampires, we're going to discuss fanvids. Last year I showed them this one...but I'm torn between this and some of your others, Shadow.

Decisions, decisions.
A year later, and I'm still astonished (and delighted) at the thought of one of my vids being used in a class. Not something I could ever have envisioned when I was first trying to figure out how to stick two clips together ... ;)
If you pick one of mine again, Lucky, I hope you'll tell me which one you end up using!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Shadow, I didn't tell you this at the time, but soon after you released this video, a very meaningful Moonlight collaboration ended for me, in a hard and shocking way. Even now, a year later, I'm still sad about losing it. And your video absolutely captured the experience -- the good, the bad, the hopeful beginning, the devastating ending.

This video would be one of my favorites of all time anyway... but because of the way it meshed perfectly with my feelings at the ending of that very important collaboration, and the way it allowed me to express my feelings of loss and sadness... it is hugely important to me.

A year later, I can finally tell you this... and thank you for what you unwittingly did to help me through a very dark phase of my life. Thank you. Lots.

And here I'd thought that Lucky using this video for a class was astonishing ... thank you for telling that story, Alle. I'm so glad this video happened to come out at the right time to be of help. It was by far the most emotional one to make that I've ever done - (especially the ending, which actually brought me to tears when I switched it to black and white) - so maybe that is why it could. That's another thing I could never have imagined happening when I was learning how to do these. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

kath40 wrote:Amy darlin' this is one of my favorites. You know I'm a big supporter of your videos and sense I've only recently joined this fan site I wish to express my gratitude here as well. You have your finger squarely on the pulse of what made Moonlight so special. Every Time you post a video I find myself welling up with tears as I feel Moonlight pulsing through my veins as my heart swells with your new presentation. :heart:
You have a unique talent for making us feel deeply how much you love and still care about Moonlight and I can't thank you enough for sharing your gifts with us. :smooch: :hug:
Oh, Kath, and you know how much I love your comments! It's a delight to see you over here on this site and to have you leave a comment here too. :hearts:
I think I've told you that I make the videos because I just can't bear to leave the Moonlight world behind, and it's a way to get back into that world for a while.
It's so wonderful that that experience can end up being shared. :rose: Hope you are having a great time on this site, by the way!
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

You are such an artist. :notworthy: I feel so bittersweet at the moment. Sigh... I still cannot believe ML was cancelled... so much goodness. You've captured so much the feeling of ML. Just beautiful. :heart:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

I was about to tell you that this video is FABULOUS but I have never seen one of your videos that wasn't.

Someone upthread mentioned that you had distilled the entire series into four minutes.

Indeed.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

hey, I'll be happy to let you off the hook for any reason......that was a piece of art - REALLY, thanks for posting and sharing.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

susieb wrote:You are such an artist. :notworthy: I feel so bittersweet at the moment. Sigh... I still cannot believe ML was cancelled... so much goodness. You've captured so much the feeling of ML. Just beautiful.
Glad you found this one, Susie! This is usually my favorite of my older videos. The song is indeed so bittersweet . . . the only one I've found that let me put in not only the story of ML but also what it felt like to lose it.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

jen wrote:Shadow
I was about to tell you that this video is FABULOUS but I have never seen one of your videos that wasn't.
Someone upthread mentioned that you had distilled the entire series into four minutes.
Indeed.
:cloud9: The song was such a great find -- I usually focus a video on some particular aspect of ML, but with this song I could finally put in the whole story.
Thank you, Jenna!

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”