I Know Who You Could Be - (song from Click)

Shadow
Courtesan

I Know Who You Could Be - (song from Click)

Post by Shadow »

This video is set to the Butcher Boy song "I Know Who You Could Be", which was featured at the end of "Click." I was struck by how perfectly the song worked to background three extremely different scenes, and always wanted to find some way to use it for a video. Took a while, but here is the result!

The lyrics are pretty intricate, and some of them couldn't quite be heard on the show, so they're included in the video description. 8-)

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9Tn-oerIY
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: I Know Who You Could Be (song from Click)

Post by redwinter101 »

I've just watched this three times. :snicker: It's SO good - I love the way you've linked the key moments with the photographs, and I agree with you about the lyrics - Coraline seeing Mick as the innocent who could save her, so perfectly mirroring Mick's feelings about Beth. Superb, Shadow. Just superb.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: I Know Who You Could Be (song from Click)

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Watching this reminds me of how much the show overlooked such a pivotal character as Coraline. She had so many layers, so many facets that could have been explored. All of that wasted!
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: I Know Who You Could Be - (song from Click)

Post by Shadow »

Oh so true, wollstonecraft, and the last time we saw Coraline it seemed like they were just starting to show some of that . . .so many things did go unexplored, like these photographs of Coraline's that were never mentioned again.

Three times, Red? Wow, thanks! Those photographs always fascinated me and it was great to find a way to use them. There was one other photo of Coraline's that I really wanted to use but it only showed up in one frame and was just too blurry to be quickly recognizable - I never saw it till I was breaking this down frame by frame, but there is also one of Mick carrying Beth away from the wrecked car. It may be common knowledge but I hadn't realized Coraline was there watching that!
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

That was an amazing video and a neat spin on the idea that Coraline had been stalking them throughout the show. When I heard that song at the end of Click I couldn't get enough of it. Wonderful video. Take a bow. :cheer: :groupwave: :cheer:

VampFan5 :yahoo:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Wow, Shadow! This video friggin ROCKS!! I'm gonna be watching it over and over...

I ADORED it...seriously fantastic editing, especially with the pictures in the beginning. It is a chilling video, reminding you that Coraline's been stalking Mick...the parallels between Mick/Beth and Mick/Coraline are clearly displayed here.

And the song...it is my favorite from the show, it is such a awesome song...I'm with Vampfan, can't ever get enough of it. :whistle:

Bravo! :clapping: Off to go watch again. :woohoo:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Outstanding Shadow!!!!

I saw this this morning on YT and couldn't wait to get here to respond. :hyper:

This is my favourite one of yours yet. I've watched it several times already. I love the clip selections and it fits the lyrics superbly well. Using the photographs was a fabulous idea to tie it all together.

Gah!!! To be half as good as you at this would be fantastic. :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so very much VampFan! Apparently it's not possible to ever get enough of this song; I probably listened to it 500 times while making the vid and that's not nearly enough yet :snicker:

Loved your comment Greenleaf - so glad you liked the editing! Had this video in my head for a long time but it took a while to learn enough technique to make it work on screen. (I do love hearing that you're going back to watch again :hearts: )

Wow coco, what a compliment! I kind of have a thing about using the show's photos in my vids so it was especially fun to build the whole thing around Coraline's photographs. It's so nice you already watched it so many times! (And your last line is just too funny :smooch: .....)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh now this was amazing! Thank you so much for letting me know about it.

Your editing is beyond amazing... the clips and then the photos from Cora's collection are brilliant. How she continues her connection with Mick... she is soooo connected to Mick, no matter his reaction right now. And really, one cannot blame her.

That storyline, the MickCora story, was so interesting and they so did not use its potential... that is my biggest regret about the show... cause allllll those years of THIS couple? There are so many stories there!

Superb video, song, story, and technical aspects, just superb! :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I'm so glad you liked it Grace!

It was good fortune for me that all of Coraline's photos came straight out of the onscreen scenes. It was just so interesting realizing she was always close by even when we didn't see her .....(I'm convinced she must have been in the background, still taking pictures, in the last few eps too.)

Ohh, yes, so many untold stories. *Sigh.*

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Re-visiting some of my favourite fanvids and I had to start with this one, Shadow. I absolutely adore it. Exquisite storytelling, fantastic song and edited to perfection.

Love it. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Thanks so much for coming back to this one, coco. :hearts:
And so lovely to know it's a favorite!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This video is fantastic. I love the clips with the photos. It is really a perfectly edited video.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Could you be sure and safe from harm
In my dead arms?
I have to wonder if they didn't almost WRITE that song for the show? How uncanny they lyrics were so DEAD ON....

Wow, artistry, pure artistry!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shadow

Another fabulous video.

In this one, I was struck with how Coraline appeared in flashbacks, and we see her very negatively in those scenes. She was the villain on the prowl, out to victimize poor Mick and kidnap Baby Beth, but then as Morgan we saw someone who had adopted the styles and blended in seemlessly with the modern world--much like Josef and Mick have done.

Beth has grown up while everyone else has mainly adopted new mannerisms. I believe Mick doesn't want to be a monster any longer, though there is still darkness in him that he struggles to control.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”