"Let It Die"

FarCry
Kostan Industries intern

"Let It Die"

Post by FarCry »

Set to "Let It Die" by the Foo Fighters, this is the song that got me started making videos! You can read all about that in the video description on YouTube (if you can stay awake long enough :biggrin: ) I wanted to have this done a looooong time ago, but so many things intervened :mdrama: So, here it is, just in time for the third anniversary of the premiere of Moonlight!
Strange days have found us...And through their strange hours, we linger alone...
Bodies confused, memories misused...As we run from the day to a strange night of stone.

-- The Doors
Banner by VG99
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: "Let It Die"

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh what an amazing labour of love. I'm all teary - such a beautiful tribute on this special day. :Mickangel:

Thanks so much. :flowers: :flowers:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I saw this in my inbox while I was at work and then had to WAIT till I got home till I could watch it -- and it would be one of my super-long work days! I've been looking forward to this for so long, that extra wait was almost too much for me.... :snicker: but I've finally gotten to watch it and it was SO worth the wait. I'll be watching this one many, many times! It's just absolutely beautiful.....the perfect song, scenes that fit the song perfectly, and the perfect effects to enhance the story and set off the song. You have such a unique style, and you're still doing things I've never seen before -- and they look fabulous! The action scene at the bar was truly breathtaking -- it just looked amazing, like I was seeing something completely new -- and the way it fit the music!!! :thud: I just loved what you did with the still shots, and the color changes while Mick was driving .... :melts: :melts: Just gorgeous! I'm so glad you put up the story behind the video as well. AND so glad that this song inspired you to learn to make vids! I'll be desperately hoping that you'll make more .... :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I need to go back now and watch it again ;) and try once again to leave a comment on Youtube! For some reason I kept getting error messages when I tried to do it before.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:snicker: So, I finally figured out why I was getting those error messages on youtube ... perhaps it should have been immediately obvious that my comment was too long, but I did eventually figure it out! Just went back to watch again .... it's still fantstic. :melts:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Stunning vid, FarCry. :clapping: :clapping:

It is clear to see how much work went in to it and I absolutely love anything by The Foo Fighters so great song choice. :twothumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

:bump:
Back to watch again .... :biggrin:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wonderul!

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
FarCry
Kostan Industries intern

Post by FarCry »

redwinter101 wrote:Oh what an amazing labour of love. I'm all teary - such a beautiful tribute on this special day. :Mickangel:

Thanks so much. :flowers: :flowers:

Red
Thank you, Red -- I'm glad I was able to make it an emotional experience for you! :rose:
Strange days have found us...And through their strange hours, we linger alone...
Bodies confused, memories misused...As we run from the day to a strange night of stone.

-- The Doors
Banner by VG99
FarCry
Kostan Industries intern

Post by FarCry »

coco wrote:Stunning vid, FarCry. :clapping: :clapping:

It is clear to see how much work went in to it and I absolutely love anything by The Foo Fighters so great song choice. :twothumbs:
So glad you liked it, coco. I really thought this was a perfect song for Moonlight.

-- The Doors
Banner by VG99
FarCry
Kostan Industries intern

Post by FarCry »

Wow, Shadow, what a comment! I'm so glad I was able to make the long, long wait for this video worth it, and happy that you figured out how to get your comments posted on YouTube! :laugh: I definitely tried to make everything in this video fit the song, as well as live up to my own expectations for it, which were huge, as you know. I had to change some of those scenes so many times before they looked right to me (and sometimes I'd just end up going back to what I had planned for it originally, like the driving scene), and others I just nailed the first or second time. Glad you didn't think one view was enough on this one! :teeth:

-- The Doors
Banner by VG99
FarCry
Kostan Industries intern

Post by FarCry »

jen wrote:Wonderul!

Thank you!

Jenna
I'm so glad you liked it, Jenna!

-- The Doors
Banner by VG99

Return to “FarCry's Fan Vids”