Beth (Halloween) - Vid Challenge #110

coco
Cleaner

Beth (Halloween) - Vid Challenge #110

Post by coco »

Beth - Halloween Piano Theme

I'm fairly certain with this vid that my idea was bigger than my execution of it. I wanted to try and capture Beth reliving her childhood memories and confronting them once and for all but I'm not sure I've pulled that off the way I had originally envisioned. The vid only features a couple of episodes and fewer scenes than I've worked with before. No lyrics to work with was a challenge in itself for me. :snicker:

Viewing Options
YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL0arwnlWGE
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/23384459
Blog: http://cocosfanvids.blogspot.com

Happy Halloween, MLA.
:catpumpkin: :trickortreat: :hallpumpkin: :catpumpkin:
Last edited by coco on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Beth (Halloween) - Vid Challenge #110

Post by Phoenix »

That was wonderful, Coco. :flowers:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

This is GREAT, coco - and a really interesting music choice. I think it takes huge creativity to make something so captivating without the assistance of having a lyrical theme to work to. Bravo!!!

Fantastic use of b&w too. I loved how the images of Coraline looming over baby Beth moved into the images of Morgan taunting adult Beth. When you see it laid out like this, it's no wonder she staked her at the first opportunity.

Magnificently done.

Red :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Phoenix wrote:That was wonderful, Coco. :flowers:
Thanks, Phee. :flowers:

It was a huge relief to complete this one and post it. I've been struggling with the vids for about a month now and it is nice to be posting them again. :ysmile:

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:This is GREAT, coco - and a really interesting music choice. I think it takes huge creativity to make something so captivating without the assistance of having a lyrical theme to work to. Bravo!!!

Fantastic use of b&w too. I loved how the images of Coraline looming over baby Beth moved into the images of Morgan taunting adult Beth. When you see it laid out like this, it's no wonder she staked her at the first opportunity.

Magnificently done.

Red :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Thanks so much, Red. :hearts:

I'm really pleased it worked that way for you. I had never tried no lyrics before and considering I normally build my vids around them this was a definite challenge. I liked the eerie sound the music brought to it (plus it gave me the Halloween connection I needed :snicker: ) and hoped I could build something around it. I'd also had the idea of Beth revisiting her memories for a while now but never had the chance to use it. I had always been able to see why Beth had gone to the extreme of the staking because I saw the other scenes with Morgan plus the memories as the catalyst for her finally confronting the issue in this way so I'm really chuffed that it has come across with the vid. :rose:

It's also the first time I've had the nerve to use the staking scene. I've avoided using it up until this vid. :worried:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Coco, I love the way you did this video. I imagine that wordless music was hard to work with, but it was a perfect choice--and you've done a fabulous job with it. You captured the dichotomy of Morgan's charm and Coraline's menace in Beth's eyes, and I love the way you intercut present day and flashback scenes. I think that you and I have similar views of Beth's personality and motivations. This video really spoke to me!
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

Absolutely great video coco!!! I love it!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

allegrita wrote:Coco, I love the way you did this video. I imagine that wordless music was hard to work with, but it was a perfect choice--and you've done a fabulous job with it. You captured the dichotomy of Morgan's charm and Coraline's menace in Beth's eyes, and I love the way you intercut present day and flashback scenes. I think that you and I have similar views of Beth's personality and motivations. This video really spoke to me!
Thanks, Alle. :flowers:

I definitely found having no lyrics a challenge but this music evoked the right emotions and I was able to build the tension and Beth's motivations from it. :thumbs:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

fairytoes wrote:Absolutely great video coco!!! I love it!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Thanks, fairytoes. :rose:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Very dramatic! This really showed the fear pain and anger of Beth. Beth vs. Coraline, always a great subject. The music went very well with it. :cheer:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Coco - first of all I've always loved this music from Halloween. I'm a big fan of the horror genre and I always felt this was the most powerful music. You really captured all the fear of little Beth and Beth as a woman regaining her power. Also that last look by Morganline was as scary as any stalker in a horror film.

Loved it.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

helloeeze wrote:Very dramatic! This really showed the fear pain and anger of Beth. Beth vs. Coraline, always a great subject. The music went very well with it. :cheer:
Thanks, helloeeze. :rose:

This was definitely all about Beth for me with this one. I love all the different sides of Beth's character and what each incident in the show brought to her character. I really wanted to explore Beth confronting her kidnapping. :ysmile:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

cassysj wrote:Coco - first of all I've always loved this music from Halloween. I'm a big fan of the horror genre and I always felt this was the most powerful music. You really captured all the fear of little Beth and Beth as a woman regaining her power. Also that last look by Morganline was as scary as any stalker in a horror film.

Loved it.
Thanks, Carol. :flowers:

The last look by Morgan has stayed with me since I first saw that episode. It is an incredibly chilling look and I always got a real sense of fear and danger for Beth in that one look. It told me a lot about Coraline's motives for being back and just how well she had played everyone. I really enjoyed exploring that here in this vid. :biggrin:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Great vid Coco !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank you :rose:

:yes: :yes: :yes: I've felt the same :
coco wrote: The last look by Morgan has stayed with me since I first saw that episode. It is an incredibly chilling look and I always got a real sense of fear and danger for Beth in that one look. It told me a lot about Coraline's motives for being back and just how well she had played everyone.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Albra wrote::clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Great vid Coco !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank you :rose:

:yes: :yes: :yes: I've felt the same :
coco wrote: The last look by Morgan has stayed with me since I first saw that episode. It is an incredibly chilling look and I always got a real sense of fear and danger for Beth in that one look. It told me a lot about Coraline's motives for being back and just how well she had played everyone.
Thanks so much, Albra. :flowers:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :biggrin:

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr

Return to “Coco's Fan Vids”