Vanessa Lengies (Leni Hayes) - other roles

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Vanessa Lengies (Leni Hayes) - other roles

Post by Lilly »

Vanessa had a small role on the most recent episode of Castle. I didn't watch it on Monday, but caught it on my DVR last night.

The episode is 3.12: "Poof, You're Dead" -- she plays the assistant of a murdered magic shop owner. Although she looked different, with very curly hair, the part was very reminiscent of Leni. :happysigh:

I've never managed to catch her in anything else, so this was a treat.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I just caught up on that episode of Castle as well. It is her voice that is so distinctive. While the episode was on two Mondays ago, it was kind of a Moonlight week for me, with the marathon and then having Jacob on Medium and Vanessa on Castle. Great.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I just started that ep of "Castle," and had to stop immediately and look it up to see if that was our "Leni." It was the voice that gave her away!

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Vanessa has just joined the cast of Glee! :yahoo:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/glee-vane ... ies-sugar/
American Dreams alum Vanessa Lengies is joining the Fox hit’s Season 3 cast in the recurring role of Sugar, a new student who is described as a cross between Molly Shannon and a New Jersey Housewife.

Sugar was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and a tin ear. Basically, she can’t carry a tune to save her life, but I’m guessing that won’t stop her from auditioning for a spot in New Directions.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

TNT has cancelled HawthoRNe:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a ... y-tnt.html

Given Vanessa's new role in Glee, you have to figure the cast knew this was coming.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Never watched Hawthorne... but I am having trouble visualizing her as a high school student... :2eyes:

She's how old now?

Plus she's already had a baby... :whistle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:giggle:

She's 26.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

wpgrace wrote:Never watched Hawthorne... but I am having trouble visualizing her as a high school student... :2eyes:

She's how old now?

Plus she's already had a baby... :whistle:
Honey, in Los Angeles, LOTS of high school girls have already had a baby. :winky: Not so many have been shot at by a missile, though... :snicker:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Here'a an interview that Vanessa did with TVLine about her new role in Glee: http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/glee-seas ... ies-sugar/

I just love her energy. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Vanessa has just signed for a leading role in a new comedy! :hyper2: :hyper2: Or, considering the show's called "Mixology," maybe I should have used this one: :drinking: :laugh:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/orlando ... -mixology/
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

She has a supporting role on Second Chances, a show I find mildly entertaining though it's essentially cancelled (it was bumped to Friday after one or two episodes). I don't know if I would stick with Second Chances on its own, but I watch it along with Grimm and Sleepy Hollow to make my own Sci-Fi Friday. :teeth:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

myimmortal wrote:She has a supporting role on Second Chances, a show I find mildly entertaining though it's essentially cancelled (it was bumped to Friday after one or two episodes). I don't know if I would stick with Second Chances on its own, but I watch it along with Grimm and Sleepy Hollow to make my own Sci-Fi Friday. :teeth:
So far there are quite a few episodes on DEMAND on our cable supplier.... She's turning out to be a lady of mysteries. Good to see her working.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Her role on Second Chances just got beefed up with last week's episode. Up till then, she was the nice but unremarkable PA for the female lead. Then last week they revealed that she's an undercover spy involved in some wider conspiracy/treachery. :confused2:

It's a shame Second Chances is a goner because I've actually come to like it a lot. :nonono: Instead of the scifi just being a premise to set up a regular procedural show, it looks like the main ongoing story arc is going all scifi as well, kind of like what happened with Person of Interest. :chin:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art

Return to “Guest Stars”