Gideon Emery (Donovan Shepherd)- news and discussion

HotMicks
Ancient

Re: Gideon Emery on The Forgotten - "Double Doe" - January 5

Post by HotMicks »

Oh, thanks for posting this, Lilly. He was one of my favorite guest stars on ML.

Also wanted to add that I wasn't familiar with this show, so I just looked it up online to see what it is about and lo and behold, I ran smack-dab into some of those infamous ML coincidences (funny how they're EVERYWHERE once you start noticing them)...

The main star of The Forgotten, Christian Slater's character is named Alex Donovan (wonder if his middle name is John or Shepherd? :snicker: ). There are also characters named Lindsey Drake (daughter of Jerry Drake?) and Tyler Davies (?? son of Cynthia Davis, who changed his last name slightly - after a relocation, of course ??). Finally, as a nod to our very own 100% Moonlightaholic, there is a character named Grace. How's that for some coincidences? I think I'll have to watch this episode... the gods (bobs?) are practically screaming for us to check it out! :rolling:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

HotMicks wrote:Oh, thanks for posting this, Lilly. He was one of my favorite guest stars on ML.

Also wanted to add that I wasn't familiar with this show, so I just looked it up online to see what it is about and lo and behold, I ran smack-dab into some of those infamous ML coincidences (funny how they're EVERYWHERE once you start noticing them)...

The main star of The Forgotten, Christian Slater's character is named Alex Donovan (wonder if his middle name is John or Shepherd? :snicker: ). There are also characters named Lindsey Drake (daughter of Jerry Drake?) and Tyler Davies (?? son of Cynthia Davis, who changed his last name slightly - after a relocation, of course ??). Finally, as a nod to our very own 100% Moonlightaholic, there is a character named Grace. How's that for some coincidences? I think I'll have to watch this episode... the gods (bobs?) are practically screaming for us to check it out! :rolling:

Not only that, HM... but the actress who played Emma Monaghan is a regular on the show... don't recall which character name she plays, but she's lovely and looks much younger in this role than she did as the 150 year old vamp... :snicker:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

One more little Image just in case anyone missed this...
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Kevin Weisman -- Steve, the cameraman from Buzzwire -- is in this too!
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

All roads lead to Moonlight... :yes:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey, I swear I recognize the houses, that's gotta be the lot at WB! I think that might have been "Beth's house."

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

It WAS Midwest Street on the Warner Bros. backlot! I have to replay it, but I think the brother's house was the brick house across the street from the Fordham's house. And I think I saw Hank Mottola's house in the background. Small world. :snicker:

ETA: There was a shot of the all brick house when they pulled up, but the brother's house was the brick and tan siding one with a bay window across from Fordham's.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Eek--I watched the sneak peek on the abc.com website tonight and I'm TOTALLY gonna watch this! It looks good!

Hey, does anybody actually watch this show? Is it any good...? I mean, generally speaking?
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've never seen it before, but it was good tonight. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

allegrita wrote:Eek--I watched the sneak peek on the abc.com website tonight and I'm TOTALLY gonna watch this! It looks good!

Hey, does anybody actually watch this show? Is it any good...? I mean, generally speaking?
*raises hand*. I watch this show - I have watched it from the beginning, and I really enjoy the unique perspective the show uses to solve the Jane & John Doe cases. I know it's a little similar to Cold Case, but still different. I *hope* it gets picked up for a full season :fingerscrossed:

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a wonderful episode! It made me want to catch more of them. I liked all the people who dig for forgotten people's stories. And I liked the voiceovers that the "forgotten ones" used to tell their stories. And of course, it was great to see so many old friends, including the WB lot! :hearts:
immortalbeloved
Mortal

Post by immortalbeloved »

Lilly wrote:Kevin Weisman -- Steve, the cameraman from Buzzwire -- is in this too!

And one of the regular actors in this one is the gal who played Emma in Sonata.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Gideon Emery - Other Work/Info

Post by r1015bill »

The Softer Side of Donovan Shepherd???

Gideon posted a photo in his facebook album. Awwwwww. Isn't that cute? Wiley is his co-star in the sequel to Blue Crush which Gideon's filming in South Africa.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gideon-Em ... 9812635855
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, cool! What a cute dog...and Gideon ain't bad either. ;)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Gideon posted on his facebook page
Takers is officially the #1 movie in the country! Woohoo! (You'll have to forgive my childish joy at being top of the box office for the first time)
Sorry, I haven't heard much about this movie. Maybe the studio decided just to throw it away because two of the stars have had a lot of bad press lately (Chris Brown and TI). I didn't see Gideon in the Trailer.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gideon-Em ... 12635855#!

Return to “Guest Stars”