Emilio Rivera (Chemma Tejada) - other roles

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Emilio Rivera (Chemma Tejada) - other roles

Post by librarian_7 »

Just spotted him in a trailer for the movie "Next Day Air"...and looking at his credits, he's been in LOTS of things.

Lucky
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Random sightings of supporting cast members

Post by r1015bill »

I saw Emilio Rivera (Tejada) on Sons of Anarchy last night. According to IMDB, he's been on 12 episodes.
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Random sightings of supporting cast members

Post by Lucy »

r1015bill wrote:I saw Emilio Rivera (Tejada) on Sons of Anarchy last night. According to IMDB, he's been on 12 episodes.

OH, yes....he is in several episodes. The show is in its third season and I have seen him regularly.

He even said in the last SOA episode "You come to my house....." (Sound familiar?)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Emilio Rivera (Chemma Tejada) - other roles

Post by allegrita »

:gasp: Is he as scary as he was on Moonlight? 'Cause he was scaaary on Moonlight... till Mick ate him, anyway... :snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Just watched "Collateral" tonight, starring Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise. Emilio Rivera played a bad guy... and looked almost exactly as he did on Moonlight. The movie was released in 2004. By the way, Collateral is REALLY good. Gritty and scary and suspenseful.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Emilio is on The Mentalist tonight playing a mob enforcer. The episode is 4.09 - "The Redshirt." Patrick Jane scared him into talking in a way that really brought to mind the interrogation in LLF. :devil:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thanks Lilly. I recognized him on The Mentalist tonight too, although I didn't know the actor's name.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

allegrita wrote::gasp: Is he as scary as he was on Moonlight? 'Cause he was scaaary on Moonlight... till Mick ate him, anyway... :snicker:

He is the sweetest man, VERY mannerly...gives a great hug. Sister had her photo taken with him and he signed it.

Before he posed he signed her Motorcycle club vest and made a joke about signing it on the back lower hip....that it was the best place to be. Then the guys went to a comedy night to mingle with the crowd, but we didn't make it there....
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Last night, Emilio tweeted this cool photo of himself with Jacob Vargas: https://twitter.com/#!/EmilioRivera48/s ... to/1/large

Two ML alums looking very good. :yes:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oooh! I LOVE that pic! Jacob was rockin' the mysterious and handsome, and Emilio was doing his best arrogant staredown. :teeth:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Does anyone know when the Nick Kroll show will air?

I found references to the comedian getting a comedy sketch show on Comedy Central in 2012 but not an air date.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And...I went to see Act of Valor today. I was interested because of the Navy SEAL connection, but to my suprise, found a Moonlight connection, too.

Our old friend Tejada was in the film as, yeah, a Mexican drug cartel guy.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm watching through the episodes of "Lie to Me," and Emilio was in a first season ep, "Blinded," playing a prison guard.

This is a REALLY creepy episode.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Emilio has a major role in Richard Montoya's new movie Water and Power, which was screened Saturday and Sunday, October 12th and 13th, at the Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival. Here's a review from the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... 9606.story

I'm a huge fan of Richard Montoya. His theater group Culture Clash does brilliantly funny political and cultural satire.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Here's the theatrical trailer for Water and Power, which will be shown in selected theaters in Southern California starting May 2, 2014. Jacob Vargas also has a (smaller) role in the film, and appears in the trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJ4gBj4XJg

And an extended interview with Richard Montoya, who wrote and directed the film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTRtcrftmc
And an interview with Emilio about the movie and his role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwW82nsLYVE

Return to “Guest Stars”