Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by Lilly »

I know they just finished filming Season 2. I wonder if they left off on another cliffhanger. Boy, that would be the pits. :sigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This really hurts. What a way to find out. Poor David.

From Twitter:

DavidBlue David Blue
Crap. Just heard the news as well. Apparently, nobody decided to tell us ahead of time. My rep heard it online. Seems they cancelled #SGU..
1 minute ago
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I'm so sorry to hear this news. David finding out from his rep who found out online...yikes. :sigh: That's terrible. That said....David is adorable and funny, I KNOW we'll be seeing him again soon. :ysmile:

I stopped watching the show, but Eli was my fave character and I think that's a popular opinion amongst SGU fans/watchers. ;)
*Christy*

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

There's nothing firm, but SpoilerTV reports that there are negotiations ongoing to bring SGU back for a third season...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/starga ... eason.html

I guess we'll wait and see.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man...that must make it so hard for the cast and crew! What if they get a pilot offer?! Sheesh. I hope that the negotiations don't go on too long, however they turn out. :fingerscrossed:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I was thinking the same thing, Alle. :sadface: Just last week David said...

DavidBlue David Blue
...I'd love to play Eli again whenever they'd have me. But for now, I'm in L.A. taking meetings regarding new work. <3
14 Jan

I wonder if they're bound by any sort of contract. :chin: That sort of uncertainty has to be incredibly frustrating. :?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Lilly wrote:
I wonder if they're bound by any sort of contract. :chin: That sort of uncertainty has to be incredibly frustrating. :?

SyFy has one of the worst turnover rates of any network (cable or otherwise). Even their stars routinely get fed up and go to other projects because they can't hang around waiting for the network to make a last minute decision. Going on that, I'd doubt that there's any sort of long term contract. It seems usually be season-by-season.

(Not sure if anyone here watches Eureka, but they've practically gutted that one with the last minute patch jobs to explain popular characters' departures.)

Incidentally, they also have the habit of pulling top shows at their peak because the stars' pay goes up. It's cheaper to keep 1 or 2 stars from an existing show, pay them a bit higher, and recast with new names who don't get more pay. They relegate the other stars to guest roles when the ratings fall off. Fans have caught on and don't appreciate being strung along for 5-6 episodes on the hopes that the characters they love will make an appearance.

They're not the best network for considering their actors at all. :no:

It's sad, because their series are exactly the sort which attract the biggest followings. If they'd show the audience and actors a bit more respect, then things like this wouldn't happen over and over and over. :sadface:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Since SyFy didn't even have the decency to let the cast know before they made a public announcement that the show was cancelled, I'd like to see the actors all look after themselves first.

Of course, I don't know what legal ramifications are involved.... :shrug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks for the info, eris. :chin: SGU is the first thing I've gotten attached to on SyFy, so this is kind of new to me.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

SyFy has announced the schedule for the remaining episodes of SGU. Unfortunately they will be airing on Monday nights at 10pm. :banghead: The good news is that they will repeat the episodes at midnight. :phew:

Here are the first 4:

* March 7 – Deliverance
* March 14 – Twin Destinies
* March 21 – Alliances
* March 28 – Hope
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just a reminder that SGU returns tonight with a new episode, "Deliverance," at 10pm on SyFy.

If you (or your DVR) are busy with something else at 10 :whistle: , the episode is also being rebroadcast at 12am. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I guess the plus side of not having an H50 episode tonight is that I'll get to watch David during the first broadcast of SGU. It's sad that they've cancelled the series because the episodes this spring have been really interesting.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I agree. :yes: It seems like they really found their stride.

:sigh: Figures.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Bittersweet tweet from Lou Diamond Phillips:

LouDPhillips Much Love & Gratitude to all you #SGU Lovers! Been around long enough to know that this cast & crew were special beyond compare. C U on DVD!

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just a reminder: the final episode of SGU is on tonight -- 9pm on SyFy. :sigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “David”