New job for Sophia - Spooks/MI-5

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: New job for Sophia rumours

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:Is Richard Armitage still on it?
I'm not sure how the last series ended - I'll do some investigating. :devil:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Some of the rumors on www.sophiamyles.org did have sightings of her with Richard Armitage so I'm guessing he's still on.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So what's the deal with this gig being so super secret then?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I think Ms. Sophia may have been teasing her fans a bit with all her "top secret" and "groovy" talk about her new job. I guess since Spooks is about spies, she was just using the cloak and dagger-type language to give hints about her new acting gig. In hindsight, I think its cute! :snicker: But I wonder if she's going to be a bit upset that the news is out about her new job, obviously before she was ready to tell her fans. :chin:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Mia
Mortal

Post by Mia »

I don't think it was ever a question of whether Sophia was ready to tell her fans or not. The people behind the show wanted to keep it a secret.

Spooks is famous for the secrecy surrounding the production. And it even airs without credits on BBC1. As the Daily Mail article said the last season ended with a cliffhanger involving the other major female character. So the fact that a new actress was cast could maybe spoil the suspense? Who knows.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Good point, Mia. I hadn't realized that the people involved in making Spooks tried to keep a lid on storylines and the actors participating in the show. I've seen a few episodes of MI-5 (what its called here in the States) and found it interesting. Now that Sophia appears to be involved, I'll definitely be paying more attention to the show. And it could be that perhaps Sophia was being told to stay "mum" about her role in the show, yet she somehow managed to relay to her fans a few clues, sort of done tongue-in-cheek. Which fits her personality perfectly! :giggle:
Mia
Mortal

Post by Mia »

Here's the official press release (and boy do they play coy about revealing information!):
Prepare for dramatic revelations as filming gets underway on the ninth series of critically-acclaimed Spooks, produced by Kudos Film and Television (Ashes to Ashes, Hustle) for BBC One.

The new series of this thrilling drama will introduce a host of new characters who shake things up and give cause for concern as Section D are left wondering who can really be trusted. Friendships will be tested and the depth of deceit will lead to an unprecedented game of cat and mouse for the Spooks.

Sophia Myles (Underworld, Doctor Who), Max Brown (Mistresses, The Tudors), Iain Glen (The Blue Room, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider), Simon Russell Beale (Much Ado About Nothing, Uncle Vanya) and Laila Rouass (Primeval, Footballers' Wives) join Spooks as series regulars but the characters they play and the impact they have on the team dynamic is being kept tightly under wraps.

Sarah Brandist, BBC Executive Producer, said: "We are very proud to introduce an extraordinary number of exciting new characters to this new series. The new additions will really ruffle some feathers but, as intrigue and betrayal is at the heart of the new storylines, we don't want to give too much away at this stage. All will be revealed when the series transmits on BBC One later this year!"

Andrew Woodhead, Executive Producer Kudos Film and Television, added: "The ninth series of Spooks is stronger than ever with twists and turns that promise to keep viewers on the edge of their seats. As well as thrilling storylines we have wonderful new cast members who, with our brilliant established cast, will raise the bar once again."

Spooks is a Kudos Film and Television production for BBC One filming in London until mid July. It was commissioned by Jay Hunt, Controller, BBC One and Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning. Spooks is produced by Lachlan MacKinnon and executive produced by Jane Featherstone, Simon Crawford Collins and Andrew Woodhead for Kudos Film and Television and Sarah Brandist for the BBC.

Filming began according to reports from Spooks fans on February 21 - so all in all Sophia will be busy for 5 months, 1 down, 4 to go ;
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Wow! Thanks, Mia. I'm sure he will be totally unknown to those outside the UK but Simon Russell Beale is a theatrical giant in this country - repeatedly called the greatest Shakespearean actor of his generation. And Iain Glen? :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

Sophia will certainly have a fantastic cast around her - and Spooks is made with real care, high production values and very well-promoted by the BBC (both here and worldwide). :woohoo: :woohoo:

Red

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Folks, given that we now know the details of this project for Sophia, I'm going to change the thread title to reflect that.

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: New job for Sophia - Spooks/MI-5

Post by wpgrace »

This is very cool, isn't it? She's finally getting her big break, it seems.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

An article from What's On TV: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/drama/spooks ... -cast/8667

Pretty much the same info - and a lovely pic!

Red

VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Sophia posted another, very short, message to her fans over on AbsolutelySophiaMyles.com. Don't forget to double click on the very cute little pic she provided. :snicker: Go Sophia! :yahoo:

http://sophiamyles.org/
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

ooooh those eyes!! cute pic of a lovely lady.

thanks susie. :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Sophia is so much fun. So now she's "officially undercover". Cute pic, too. She's snarking herself, and I love it! Nothing better than someone who doesn't take themselves and their job too seriously.
:heart:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Super. Thanks, Susan. And I notice from the slate, the episode is directed by Michael Caton-Jones, who is a very well-respected film and TV director here. :twothumbs:

Red

Return to “Past Projects”