New job for Sophia - Spooks/MI-5

VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: New job for Sophia rumours

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

http://sophiamyles.org/board/index.php?topic=650.0

Absolutely Sophia Myles is reporting that someone witnessed Sophia filming this past weekend at the London tube. There with her was Richard Armitage, so the odds-on-favorite theory about Sophia's "secret project" is that she's filming an episode of Spooks, a British TV series. Its known as MI-5 in the States. No word on if its just one episode...or more.

Not sure if everyone can access the above link, as it goes to the ASM forum, of which you need to be a member. If this shouldn't be here, the Mods are welcome to delete this post. :thumbs:

Mod note: you don't need to be a member of the ASM forum - it is open to guests
Last edited by VAsusieQ18 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, Suz - the link is fine because you don't need to be an ASM member to read it. So click away, folks!

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

thanks, susie....I clicked on the link and got in (I'm not a member)...

Glad to hear she has a project and hopefully it's a recurring role for her....
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I just checked out Richard Armitage on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/

It lists his latest project as "Strike Back" a new television series slated to begin airing in the UK in April 2010: Link

Six episodes are listed so far. There's no mention of Sophia, so this may not be the secret project either. :shrug:

Have any of our UK members heard of this show?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Lilly wrote:I just checked out Richard Armitage on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/

It lists his latest project as "Strike Back" a new television series slated to begin airing in the UK in April 2010: Link

Six episodes are listed so far. There's no mention of Sophia, so this may not be the secret project either. :shrug:

Have any of our UK members heard of this show?
No...but i have heard of spooks and it IS returning this Fall...6 episode is normal for a UK series and April is a short post session...
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks for the clarification, ash. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I think the cat is out of the bag. See this reference (look below the Shrek stuff)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... tage-.html

Sophia Myles honed her spy-craft skills playing agent Lady Penelope in the Thunderbirds movie, but now she's moving into grittier territory as the new all-action counter terrorism operative in the hit BBC television drama Spooks.

Sophia fills the spots left by Hermione Norris's formidible Ros Myers and Miranda Raison's Jo Porter.
Well, I know Ms Raison's Jo departed the series for good, but I'm less certain of Ros's fate. in the final episode of series eight, she was caught up in a mammoth explosion. Does she survive or doesn't she?
Well, Ms Norris has signed on for other projects, so she's not exactly available. But as someone from the production company commented yesterday: 'In Spooks, anyone can return.' Indeed.
Sophia is currently filming the eight new episodes of the highly addictive TV thriller along with Richard Armitage, who returns as Lucas North.
There's another new recruit joining the grid and he will be played by Max Brown, best known for playing Edward Seymour in the glossy historical TV romp The Tudors.
Sophia's movies include Hallam Foe, opposite Jamie Bell, and Mansfield Park, while on television she has appeared on Doctor Who, Foyle's War and Colditz.

She's an expert rider, swimmer and skier, and speaks French and German - skills that the Spooks writers and directors will no doubt put to good use.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z0iaDNkR7X
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

thanks r1015bill....I'm happy she's going to be part of a series, but I was dismayed at the lack of her role in Moonlight :hankie:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Good for Sophia. And yeah, bummer that they didn't mention Moonlight. :sigh:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

But hey... a real gig! :twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I have a friend who suggested that I'd like MI-5 but I never caught it. I guess I will now!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:chin: One of the PBS stations we get shows MI-5. May be checking it out, in future.

Lucky
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I watched a few episodes of this with Ruper Penry-Jones in it. It's kinda gritty and it has had lots of revolving stars in it, a lot of whom get killed off in the line of duty. I wanted to see Richard Armitage in this but never got around to it. I used to have a thing for Richard after I saw him in North and South. Then, of course, I discovered Moonlight soon afterwards and forgot all about Richard. I think Sophia and Richard would make sexy gorgeous spies together. It's great she got a gig in her town.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Re the shows listed that Sophia has worked on - they were all network shows, hence will be recognisable. Moonlight wasn't - sad to say but if they'd mentioned it, no-one would have known what they were talking about (except us, of course).

The first few series of Spooks were great but I confess I lost interest. However, it is a big show here - primetime, with good viewing numbers.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Re the shows listed that Sophia has worked on - they were all network shows, hence will be recognisable. Moonlight wasn't - sad to say but if they'd mentioned it, no-one would have known what they were talking about (except us, of course).

The first few series of Spooks were great but I confess I lost interest. However, it is a big show here - primetime, with good viewing numbers.

Red

And frankly, in several of Alex's bios lately, they've left ML out too. Now that he's a cop again, dear Kevin seems to be resurrected.
I think our little show is mighty for its size, but it occasionally gets bumped out of the way by the bigger shows. :sigh:

It is nice for Sophia to get a show with good numbers. Is Richard Armitage still on it?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Past Projects”