Tristan and Isolde

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Tristan and Isolde

Post by cassysj »

Okay, I watched it tonight. Quite the tearjerker for me. I did not realize that James Franco was also in this movie, he's one of my personal favorites. Tragic, tragic love story. Unfortunately love didn't mean much before modern times. Sofia was excellent in it and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Tristan and Isolde

Post by wpgrace »

I saw this movie before Moonlight aired... so Sophia was the only lead I had seen before... actually that's not true... I had seen Shannyn in the Knight's Tale... ok Sophia and Shannyn were the only leads I had seen before... but I liked this one better than Shannyn's.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Isn't it just a wonderful movie? :hearts:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Yes, this is where I first saw Sophia pre-Moonlight. She was just ethereal looking in it wasn't she?...and her costumes were stunning as well.
If you liked the story, I'd recommend reading Isolde by Rosalind Miles, it's beautifully written and has a happier ending... :hearts:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

If you scroll through this story, there's a lovely picture of Sophia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pment.html
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Thanks for that, Lucky. Personally, I'm always sad when the modern life overtakes history like this. One of the things I was most impressed with on my first trip to Europe was how much "ancient" stuff you could see (particularly in Rome). America is so young, comparatively, that it blew my mind to be able to stand in some of those spots and imagine those ancient cultures existing in that very same spot. We spent a whole day in the Roman Forum just visualizing Shakespeare's version of Julius Caesar. :swords: I know Tristan was more a romantic legend than a 'great ruler' of historical significance, but still it makes me sad to see them pushing history aside in the name of progress. Can't we accommodate both?

Also, I just finally saw this movie earlier this year. I'm really a sucker for castles and knights and those totally awesome outfits they used to wear ( :laugh: ), so I really enjoyed it. Sophia was great in it and I've seen so little of what she's done outside of ML that it was fun to see her play a different character. She has a knack for playing empathy, that one.

So if you haven't seen it yet, it's worth your time if you like a good romantic tale. And I had no idea there were so many versions of that legend (as mentioned in the article Lucky posted).
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill

Return to “Past Projects”