Worshipping Josef with words

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Worshipping Josef with words

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I liked Josef for his snark in the first ep, but I really think I sat up and took notice when Mick said the "I'm your only friend you doesn't like you just for your money" line and Josef said, "true. sad, but true." I thought that line really summed up a lot of his complexity, the snark, the confidence, and the acknowledgement that not everything was totally ok in his life. Great line, great moonlight moment for me.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

It's my 9000th post, and I thought this might be the place to make it...I'm not sure when exactly I fell for the Armani vamp, but it was well before Sleeping Beauty. He intrigued me from the beginning with his snark, and his wisdom, and the many layers to his character. So much more than a sidekick, he was a mentor to Mick, and a genuine friend. By the time we got to Sleeping Beauty, I was way gone on Josef...and getting started on this career of writing Josef-fic which has consumed so much of my time for the past 2 1/2 years.

What amazes me is, that no matter how many stories I write about him, there are always more waiting to be told.

Josef carries the weight of centuries in his gaze, and yet he has made decisions to live life (or unlife, as the case may be). He may claim not to have regrets, but he has memories, and he has history. As Mick says, Josef IS history.

While I love Mick (who doesn't?), Josef is my vamp. I've read more vampire books than, well, almost anyone, and of all the vampires I've run across, Josef is my #1 vamp. He had to beat out some very stiff competition, but there it is.

So...for 9000 posts on this board, and for the next 9000, here's to Josef! I'll raise a glass of red wine to him, and maybe he'll take a moment and raise a glass of A+ to me.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Lucky, that's just beautiful. I join you in the toast. To Josef, and all the things we love about him, from his sartorial splendor to his sharp wit to his inner vulnerability to his excellent taste in friends to his hot ride to his beautiful freshies...

I could go on forever. So just... Here's to Josef! And to everyone who keeps him alive for us! :redwine:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Congratulations, Lucky. Josef -- and us -- are lucky to have you (see, me make pun :snicker:). Yes Josef is one of a kind. I'm the opposite of you, I was never interested in the vampire genre. Mick reeled me in -- but Josef's kept me here, and keeps me coming back.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

Congratulations on your 9,000th post, what an achievement!! :cheer:

I whole heartedly agree Josef is the most exquisite and beautiful of creatures.

Here's to all things Josef!! :redwine: :notworthy:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

K.A. wrote:His style was so unapologetically hedonistic that it made you smile before you could stop yourself.

:kostan:
from the first time Josef picked at Mick I knew I would have fun with this man/vamp (whatever he was). The fact that he lived in Jackie Treehorne's house from the Big Lebowski made me crave him that much more....... :happysigh: :heart:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

librarian_7 wrote:While I love Mick (who doesn't?), Josef is my vamp. I've read more vampire books than, well, almost anyone, and of all the vampires I've run across, Josef is my #1 vamp. He had to beat out some very stiff competition, but there it is.
Lucky
Well said, Lucky! I couldn't agree with you more. Josef is the one. From his hedonistic nature to his timeless and sexy style, there is no vamp better!! :hearts:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

You know, when you think about it, it's amazing that out of all the vampires in all the series and movies and books over all the decades, considering how popular the genre is, that a supporting character with a small amount of screen time in a very short lived series would garner such attention, love, devotion, loyalty, and popularity. That's quite an accomplishment. Josef is a phenomena.
:champs:

Oh yeah, and lets not forget, obedience. :worship:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Catmoon wrote:You know, when you think about it, it's amazing that out of all the vampires in all the series and movies and books over all the decades, considering how popular the genre is, that a supporting character with a small amount of screen time in a very short lived series would garner such attention, love, devotion, loyalty, and popularity. That's quite an accomplishment. Josef is a phenomena.
:champs:

Oh yeah, and lets not forget, obedience. :worship:

Instead of a "force of nature", would he be a force of Un-nature??????
:pray: :pray:
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

I miss Josef

:bmoon:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

He's here, honey...he's here.

Trust me.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

^^^ Trust her. She know. :twothumbs:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

I love Mick but I have been a Josef lover from the pilot episode! From his sharp wardrobe to his sarcastic remarks I just couldn't stop myself from falling head over heels. There are just so many layers to this character. His sly business side to his vulnerablity at being left alone. Everything about him makes me swoon!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Ella, you are in such good company here. :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I am so glad you bumped this. Well, gosh, I think the great majority of my fic output falls into the category of "worshipping Josef with words." Y'know?

But I find that as much as I've come to appreciate Jason's work in other things...it's not the same as Josef. With relatively little time to charm us, Josef came in, and revealed so much of himself in that short time, that he retains a grip on our imagination still. On our hearts, as well as our minds.

I've read and studied vampires in all kinds of narratives--books, films, television--for over 40 years. And Josef waltzed into my life, and suddenly became my idea of the epitome of the vampire.

What more than I say?

Lucky

Return to “Josef Kostan”