Josef & Sarah

one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Josef & Sarah (impartial discussion)

Post by one.zebra »

Not wrong at all Francis, just really funny!
This is your SECOND language? I would never have guessed. I took German in High School and College, but never spoke it well, lacking practice...
This stuff happened so often that the ER doctors started wondering if I was a child abuser...good thing my kids talked at a young age and could explain that they were carrying a toy down the stairs and not holding on the railing, or trying to jump over the porch swing..

francis wrote:
...but Francis, I burst out laughing when you described Sarah staying home and 'mending' the kids!
'Minding' would fit better if that's what you meant, but as a mother of three (now grown), accident prone kids, 'Mending' happened a lot in our family! I needed stock in Band-Aids and many trips to ER for stitches...ahh, /wipes tear from eye/ thanks for the laugh..
:oops: :oops: :oops: second language, you know. But now that you explained what I did wrong, I have to laugh too.
And my mom could tell stories of ER trips. We (five) seemed to hurt ourselves always on weekends when the local doc was closed.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Josef & Sarah

Post by Catmoon »

FYI: One.Zebra's post was putting this discussion into the context of the story/series I'm in the middle of -- in case anyone was wondering what the heck she was talking about. ;) Thanks Mary for putting it all together coherently, and all your help and insightful thoughts on the subject! :D

Thanks again to everyone for the input. I'm over my writer's block so I'll just go ahead and give this thread to you for your continued use. I've changed the topic title accordingly.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Um...I thought that's what everybody else was already talking about... :?

..since Season 1 has been over for a while (dammit) and fanfic has saved our sanity by continuing the story in all sorts of different directions...I did assume the discussion included Season 1 and fanfic.../scratches head/

Jeez, I hope I didn't screw anything up here...damn, I hate being computer dumb...

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

One.Zebra wrote:
So, wake her up or pull the plug?
Pulling the plug and finally saying goodbye would be the most simple closure.

Mary

Hmmmm...canon question here...would it be possible to end Sarah's life by simply "pulling the plug?" Since she has not aged or deteriorated in any way since the night Josef tried to turn her, wouldn't that make her a vampire? Maybe the only way he is keeping her "alive" is by keeping her "undead" through blood transfusions?? If this is so, then wouldn't he need to end her existence..um..by other means?
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Josefismysire wrote:
One.Zebra wrote:

Mary

Hmmmm...canon question here...would it be possible to end Sarah's life by simply "pulling the plug?" Since she has not aged or deteriorated in any way since the night Josef tried to turn her, wouldn't that make her a vampire? Maybe the only way he is keeping her "alive" is by keeping her "undead" through blood transfusions?? If this is so, then wouldn't he need to end her existence..um..by other means?
Boy, when did this discussion turn so morbid? :lol: :lol: All kidding aside though...

Interesting point you have here JIMS. This is definitely a valid argument. Ive been following this discussion with interest. I love seeing everyone's thoughts on the subject. ;)
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Hi Folks,
I have a different take on the sports arena. I read into the situation that after the trip to New York, Josef was finally able to let go. He "pulled the plug" or "called the cleaner" or whatever, and the naming of the stadium was his little (only $100 million) way of honoring Sarah's memory. Possibly even a message to Mr. Whitley that even after 50 years he had not forgotten Sarah.
Just another take on the subject.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Hmmm, I meant 'pull the plug' in a more euphemistic way..let her die however that had to happen, not that she was on a ventalator or anything...it's been a long time since I've seen that ep. but there were a lot of monitors and equipment in the room...I wondered what they were for at the time...I would only suggest this if it didn't heap any more guilt on Josef, though.

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Sadly, I think if she was far enough along the road to being vampire...she wouldn't die. She might suffer dreadfully, from not being fed, but she might not die, even from that.

I think for her to die, Josef (or someone) would actively have to end her existence. And I just don't see Josef doing that. Not after 50 years of caring for her.

Lucky
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Josefismysire wrote:
One.Zebra wrote:

Mary

eeuw! I think you actually have a point here. I agree with both you and Lucky. Given her lack of aging I think that some of the more expensive cutlery may have to have been used if someone wanted to send old Sarah off into the hereafter.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

nutmegger911 wrote:Hi Folks,
I have a different take on the sports arena. I read into the situation that after the trip to New York, Josef was finally able to let go. He "pulled the plug" or "called the cleaner" or whatever, and the naming of the stadium was his little (only $100 million) way of honoring Sarah's memory. Possibly even a message to Mr. Whitley that even after 50 years he had not forgotten Sarah.
Just another take on the subject.
I remember hearing that the reference to the "memorial" arena was meant to signify that Sarah had died. Hopefully someone will remember the actual source, I believe it might have been Harry or someone else who mentioned it at the con.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Carisa ITT

Post by Carisa ITT »

Catmoon wrote: I remember hearing that the reference to the "memorial" arena was meant to signify that Sarah had died. Hopefully someone will remember the actual source, I believe it might have been Harry or someone else who mentioned it at the con.
If I recall correctly, Jason said that at an interview preceding the airing of the episode. However, he said something like "he built her a shrine or a memorial" of some sort... I therefore don't know that this could be considered canon. There also was an announcement made somewhere from Werksman (I think) that Sarah (along with Ryder and Carl) was officially dead and, if I recall correctly, Jason had commented that this was because the actress was picture picked as an extra [and due to my own industry knowledge I know the last point to be absolute nonsense.]
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

JD said the actress picked for Sarah was picked because she was pretty and looked the part. She didn't have to speak so there wasn't even a screentest. When the interviewer asked if Sarah would be on future episodes (this was way before they decided to kill her off) he said he didn't know - they had no idea if she could act or not.

(keep in mind his sense of humor. :roll: )
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I may be in the minority, but I never took the "memorial" to mean that Sarah was actually dead. It was a tribute -- to a human who had presumably (to the uninformed public) died many years prior. To me it was meant as a way of signaling that Josef was moving on and possibly paving a way for a Josef/Simone romance in a second season.

Also, to say that a character is "dead" (especially with regards to Ryder or Carl) to me means that they are not coming back to the show -- not that the character on screen has expired.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Lilly wrote:Also, to say that a character is "dead" (especially with regards to Ryder or Carl) to me means that they are not coming back to the show -- not that the character on screen has expired.
I agree, Lilly. It ain't canon until they've shot it (pun intended :D ) and aired it.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

nutmegger911 wrote:
Lilly wrote:Also, to say that a character is "dead" (especially with regards to Ryder or Carl) to me means that they are not coming back to the show -- not that the character on screen has expired.
I agree, Lilly. It ain't canon until they've shot it (pun intended :D ) and aired it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: NM, that is priceless. Be sure and save it someplace.

Lucky

Return to “Josef Kostan”