Sophia to Attend The Greatest Show In The Galaxy Convention

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Sophia to Attend The Greatest Show In The Galaxy Convention

Post by cassysj »

For our friends in England, Sophia is going to be one of the guests at this convention

http://www.trebleaceevents.co.uk/events ... uests.html
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Sophia to Attend The Greatest Show In The Galaxy Conven

Post by Lilly »

Wow - that looks like quite an event! :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my goodness, the Who and Trek fans are going to be in heaven! So many old friends will be guests! I would be in such a dither trying to decide whose autographs I wanted... :teeth:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Not to mention Highlander, Blake's Seven, and a host of others. (and I can't believe they mentioned From Hell in Sophia's credits, but not ML or Underworld!)
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Excuse me...probably the question is out of subject, but why are there prices under some participants autographs? :chin:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Most conventions (especially professionally done ones, as opposed to cons run by fans) charge a fee to get autographs from the guests. I guess that the difference in cost is determined by the popularity of the star...? There is probably an agreement/contract between the convention and the star, so that the autograph price is shared between them. I've never been involved in organizing a con, but that's my assumption of how it works.

The same goes with pictures. If you want your picture taken with a star, you buy a ticket and stand in line, and a professional photographer takes your picture. Sometimes, a picture or an autograph is "free" (meaning the price is built into the cost you pay for your con ticket).

At the Moonlight Gala in Chicago (which was organized by a Moonlight fan), we were allowed to get two items autographed by each of the three guest stars as part of the con fee, but I think that was a very special and unusual event--partly because the stars involved (Jason, Jordan, and Brian) were so nice and generous with their time and participation. Also, rather than charging us for professional pictures, the guys at the Gala very kindly posed (for free!) for pictures with us, taken by our own cameras. It was an amazingly friendly event, and I don't expect I'll ever be at another con that has such a "family" feel to it. I feel very blessed to have had that chance. :heart:
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

librarian_7 wrote:Not to mention Highlander, Blake's Seven, and a host of others. (and I can't believe they mentioned From Hell in Sophia's credits, but not ML or Underworld!)
Lucky, I feel the same. Some bad homework done by researchers who should know better. The information is out there, is it not?!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I wonder how the convention was last weekend.

Return to “General Discussion”