Jason on Ringer

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason on Ringer

Post by librarian_7 »

I think my biggest problem with this show, is that I'm starting to be able to predict the twists. Which is not evidence of me being clever, but them being obvious.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, some of them I've predicted. Some have totally blindsided me.

For a while there, I seriously thought that Mr. C.
Spoiler:
was a goner!! :gasp:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey,
Spoiler:
he may be, yet. Mommy Dearest certainly isn't above putting her thugs after him, I'll bet.
But I am glad to think Juliet is not as irredeemably selfish as she seemed to be, at some points.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:But I am glad to think Juliet is not as irredeemably selfish as she seemed to be, at some points.
It does seem like Mommy Dearest was behind it all. In fact, she probably talked Juliet into it.

I do like this turn of events, though. I think this opens up more opportunities for continued storyline from Mr. C. If he still had the money, there wouldn't have been much left for him to do (except get killed :whistle: ), but now there are all kinds of possibilities. Revenge seems pretty obvious, but he could also do something quite unexpected -- like go to Andrew with the whole story. :brow:

Oh, and to refresh everyone's memory... THIS happened last night...

:teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Here’s a possibility for Ringer…(Disclaimer, this is pure speculation on my account, I have read no spoilers or anything elsewhere.)
Spoiler:
So, obviously Juliet’s best subject really is English, not math. She had a $10 million trust fund…and she went into this plot thinking she’d come out of it with $3.3 mil. Bird in the hand, I guess. That money is going to be controlled by her custodial parent, my guess is, Mommy, since Mommy knows about it and Daddy doesn’t…until Juliet is 18 and no longer a minor. (In the meantime, if she continues to live with Daddy, she can’t really spend much of the money, since she has to keep it secret from him, so I’m not really seeing how much good it does her.)

Now, we’ve learned Mommy was the one who had Tessa beaten and robbed, so that means Mommy has Tessa’s share, unbeknownst to Juliet. And as of last night’s ep, she’s also made off with Mr. C’s part of the loot. So…she has direct control of $6.6 million, and indirect control of the remaining $3.3, right? All of which WAS money that would have been legally Juliet’s, once she got to the ripe old age of 25.

(Another aside, I don’t think Andrew can dip into Juliet’s trust money, as Mommy so blithely suggested. That’s sort of the nature of a trust, that it’s held in reserve, legally, for the trustee. Duh, Juliet.

If I’m Mr. C., I think at this point the thing to do is get Juliet’s ear, somehow, and see if I can enlighten her about her mother. Once Juliet figures out (which obviously she’s not going to do without some help) that her mother had played her, and Tessa and Mr. C, all for her own ends, then she can possibly work with Mr. C to get the money back, somehow. I think maybe they need to let Andrew know what happened, too…and go from there. For the sake of plot, it might be a good thing if Tessa died from her injuries, which means eventually, Mommy Dearest can be nailed for murder, and not just fraud.
Well, we’ll see.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Everything you said makes perfect sense, Lucky. :yes: As far as I can tell, Juliet never "lost" her trust fund. She lost access to it until she was older. And the money will never revert to Andrew. He can't touch it for his own use.

The whole scheme was bizarre from the get-go. Except for Mr. Carpenter who was supposed to have all 10 mil, none of the schemers could deposit the money or spend much of it without raising red flags. As a matter of fact, it's unlikely that Mr. C was paid the settlement in cash, so he would have created a money trail in paying off the two girls. :dizzy: Also, why wouldn't the thug who was paid to "rough up" Tessa just keep the 3.3 million for himself?? Was he too stupid to actually take a look at what he was stealing? Image

The twists and turns are a lot of fun, but, honestly, this show is not about keeping it real. :eyeroll:

In other news... Ringer hit a ratings low last night: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... in/122428/

It's in real danger of not getting picked up for a second season.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

If it's not picked up, I hope they have a plan for wrapping up a whole bunch of loose ends. Fast.

And since they're likely to have shot the season finale, before the news comes down, I'm guessing we'll be left hanging.

I've been paying pretty close attention, and I'm not sure I could even list all the stuff that's going on.

It is enough to make one's head spin. :dizzy: :dizzy:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

According to the writers live-tweeting last night, they start shooting the season finale tomorrow. :gasp: So, whatever they had already planned to give, is all we're going to get. :eyeroll:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man... that's a bummer. I know Ringer is totally ridiculous and OTT, but it's just so darn fun! This show is a total guilty-pleasure thing for me, and I will be very sad if it's not renewed. :sigh:

Oh well. It looks like Jason had lots of fun working on the show, and he deserves a leading role anyway...
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Image The Ringer season finale will be on April 17.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

librarian_7 wrote:OMG.

Okay, we didn't see that coming. :gasp:
I've had to stop reading this thread because they've only just started re-running Ringer here and I want to be as surprised as this when it happens! :teeth:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Let us know when you get there, Luxe. :teeth: :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm not really expecting to see Mr. C on tonight's episode, but I'm confident that we haven't seen the last of him. It looks like we're going to get some backstory on Agent Machado, though. :chin:

From Ringer's FB page:
Machado's past is revealed in tonight's ALL NEW Ringer at 9/8c!
Even without Jason, I'm looking forward to this one. :yes:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, me too! I was hoping for some backstory on him.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Good ep, but yeah, for all we know, Mr. C. is still stuck in that motel, wearing nothing but a towel. (That's my mental image, and I'm sticking to it.)

Lucky

Return to “Past Projects”