Jason in Veronica Mars (Jason tweets tonight! 2/26)

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Jason in Veronica Mars

Post by Lilly »

VM creator Rob Thomas has been pretty active on Twitter lately. His name there is @RobThomas (not @ThisIsRobThomas - that's the singer :snicker: ).

He's been very generous about answering questions...

@xxx Did Logan ever get to know his real half-bro? how about Mac & the Sinclairs?” No to both. Might've happened eventually

@xxx how insistent was CW that you focus on short term arcs?” They liked idea. We needed something to expand viewership.

My favorites:
@xxx Lame Did Logan and Veronica end up together?;)” You'll know movie chances dead when I answer that question.

@xxx Any tips on how to cope with long-term depression stemming from VM's cancellation?” Booze & Party Down.

Also:

@xxx The best stories came from her getting in over head. FBI gives her too much authority.” Agreed.

@xxx Would you have gone down the FBI line for sure?” Only to save the show. I prefer her as PI, being her own boss.

@xxx Is it just me, or is Enrico Colantoni an awesome talent to write for?” He is, indeed. Would work with EC any time.

@xxx So other than Veronica who was your favourite character?” Veronica, Logan, Keith were the backbone of the show.

@xxx was the mob guy's kid/logan thing going to be a big part of Season 4?” Yes. In a big way.

@xxx Do you ever think that there will be a movie?” I hope so. Not giving up on it.

@xxx Hear SOAPnet's playing the show. hope that will generate interest!” Me too. Just read this news online yesterday.

Note: "@xxx" is just my shorthand for various Tweeters :blinksmile:

ETA a couple more:

@xxx Have you changed movie's timeline? Is it true that it was to take place b4 V's Hearst graduation?” Yes. And yes. Wld now be V@27

@xxx Do you know why the WB created the VM movie email address?” I don't. It excited me, though.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow. How cool that he is still interested in doing some sort of continuation/follow-on of the show after all this time. :teeth:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Nice article on the VM on SoapNet story....

http://m.glamour.com/entertainment/blog ... fan-w.html
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

The Veronica Mars Marathon started today. I forgot about it but there are a few more episodes left today
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, I got home from a trip in time to catch one of my favorite eps. Echolls Family Christmas...such a surprise I'd like that one.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:coffee: Um, yeah, Lucky, that's a total surprise. :winky:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, and I wanted to mention that there's a newish book out of scholarly essays on Veronica Mars.

"Investigating Veronica Mars: Essays on the Teen Detective Series"

It's a bit expensive in paper, but you can get it for about 1/2 price as a digital download.
http://www.amazon.com/Investigating-Ver ... 6TWVU5XWC2

Also, there's a bit of a sale on the Smart Pop series of books of essays, and the one on VM, "Neptune Noir" is currently $1.99.

Lucky
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

So I was trolling the stations and came across VM yesterday. It was Xmas. I have never seen the show before. So now I will tivo it every day, starting with the pilot tomorrow, and see what happens. I like K Bell. Didn't know she played V. Jason looks like a baby, more than he did even in ML.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well,this was pre-ML, so it makes sense. I watched the first three eps today, and it was so wonderful to see him...being a psychotic jackass, to be sure, but it's still Jason!
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

He may be a psychotic jackass at times but Jason plays him so beautifully, you will fall for Logan :hearts:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, it's not my first time around with the sometimes-loveable Logan. I do remember the first time I watched VM, at the urging of a couple of other ML fans...after the first ep, I was all "WHY??? WHY do you think I would like this???" But Logan really grows on you. Such a complex character!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Hey, found this article today, which says good things about VM.

http://www.tv.com/news/announcing-the-t ... ars-28919/

Oddly, it doesn't mention Jason among the other wonderful talents that did early work on that show, but the commenters are very upbeat...for once, read the comments!

(And for the crowd here that liked Terriers, there's a lot of love for that show, as well.)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I was looking for something else, and ran across this completely adorable interview Jason did after the first season of VM.

Enjoy! (I certainly did...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryw5IBsr ... re=related
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I saw that a long time ago, but, MAN, was it nice to see it again! :teeth: He's just so.... Jason. :happysigh:

Thanks, Lucky. :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

You're welcome! There's no way I could see that sort of Jason-ness, and not share it with the board.

Such a delightful person.

Return to “Past Projects”