Jason Guest Starring on Starz series Party Down

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Re: Jason Guest Starring on Starz series Party Down

Post by moonlight_vixen »

RangerCM wrote:http://www.starz.com/originals/PartyDown is posting full episodes on line. At least they did for the first episode. So for those of us who don't get Starz, we may be able to see Jason's episode this way. Also, last week, they actually posted the episode on line a day early! Since this show is rated MA, you do have to verify that you are old enough to watch it, and be warned. This show IS a cable comedy! Lots of "F" bombs dropped and Guest star Enrico Colantoni in ALL his glory....and I mean ALL! :o
I went online and watched the episode. Ryan Hansen is totally in character here, there's no doubt... :yes:

Enrico Colantoni's speech in the pool scene was hysterical, though :lol:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

There were all kinds of very funny surprises in this first episode. I loved the way everyone kept saying "Hey, you're That Guy!" And you just knew they were all referring to some kind of early starring role the guy had when he was younger.....
Spoiler:
and it turns out just to be a beer commercial role! :snicker:
banner by Cprav
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Just a reminder that Jason's guest starring role in "Party Down" is tonight on Starz! So if you can, tune in and show support to our favorite bad boy vampire! :thumbs:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

:bump:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

:bump:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

Well I didn't think we got this channel but yay we do, so I will be watching :cheering:
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Post by lynnrxgal »

I watched and enjoyed Jason on "Party Down" tonight on Starz. My goodness, the BANGS that boy was sporting .... most impressive! Just wished that he had more screen time and FACE SHOTS. Guess I'm spoiled after seeing him front and center on Moonlight (*sigh*). And, after meeting/talking to him in person at the Moonlight Gala, I SO miss his intense stare and snarky comments!

Interesting show... not sure if it is my cup of tea, but was well worth seeing our beloved Josef!

As an aside: Actress Lizzy Caplan was one of the caterers. I kept looking at her; she seemed so familiar. Then, DING DONG, it hit me. She was Amy in True Blood (Jason's evil girlfriend).
tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

lynnrxgal wrote:I watched and enjoyed Jason on "Party Down" tonight on Starz. My goodness, the BANGS that boy was sporting .... most impressive! Just wished that he had more screen time and FACE SHOTS. Guess I'm spoiled after seeing him front and center on Moonlight (*sigh*). And, after meeting/talking to him in person at the Moonlight Gala, I SO miss his intense stare and snarky comments!

Interesting show... not sure if it is my cup of tea, but was well worth seeing our beloved Josef!

As an aside: Actress Lizzy Caplan was one of the caterers. I kept looking at her; she seemed so familiar. Then, DING DONG, it hit me. She was Amy in True Blood (Jason's evil girlfriend).
Yes, Lynn, I thought the same thing LOL. What a small world right?

Definitely a different show, not sure if my cup of tea either. Weird seeing Jason in this and the hair....was interesting. Nice to see him again though.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

A few caps from scenes not seen in pre-views.

I tried to get one of "Gregory" and his girlfriend's "chaste" kiss, but it happens so fast, it was just too blurry.

I agree with lynnrxgal. Not nearly enough screen time, but when I compared this episode with the one from last week, the same was true. They bring in some outstanding guest stars, but it's not about the guests....it's about the main characters. Guests are just a perk. Still happy to have some fresh shots of JD, though. And I think Rob Thomas proved JD can still credibly pull off 20/21.....just in case he needed to make that case to the execs he's trying to woo for the Veronica Mars movie.
banner by Cprav
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

RangerCM wrote:A few caps from scenes not seen in pre-views.

I tried to get one of "Gregory" and his girlfriend's "chaste" kiss, but it happens so fast, it was just too blurry.

I agree with lynnrxgal. Not nearly enough screen time, but when I compared this episode with the one from last week, the same was true. They bring in some outstanding guest stars, but it's not about the guests....it's about the main characters. Guests are just a perk. Still happy to have some fresh shots of JD, though. And I think Rob Thomas proved JD can still credibly pull off 20/21.....just in case he needed to make that case to the execs he's trying to woo for the Veronica Mars movie.
Oh Ranger! I love you so!! These are wonderful!! And, ITA with you ... Jason can pull off 400 - he can pull off 20 -- what a great actor!! :thud: :melts: :thud:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Great news! If you have Netflix, you can use instant view to watch episodes of Party Down, including Jason's episode :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
banner by Cprav
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Woo hoo! I'm so trying that this evening!!

Lucky
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

By the way anyone who has Starz and missed it or recording it for a friend who hasn't seen it. The episode with Jason is being repeated tonight at 9:28P Yes 9:28 what a time.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

In case anyone is interested -- and really devoted ;) -- Party Down: Season 1 will be released on DVD on April 6. Amazon.com currently has it on pre-order for $26.99.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I just noticed that Party Down is now available on iTunes! :hyper2: Finally! I can see Jason's episode in its entirety. :yahoo:

(Season 1, Episode 2 -- in case anyone doesn't know. :thumbs: )
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Past Projects”